Lee McCulloch Witness Protection Program

KERRZO

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you lot are pathetic :lol: call yourself supporters.

Muff you come out with some shite, no matter what he does you don't praise.

No midfielder got near Eremenko in that first half but McCulloch gets blame.

Like you I could never hate a Rangers player and even tho you will say you don't hate him I think you want him to do badly to fucking criticize him.

Not one bad pass today and couldn't do anything with Eremenko because he kept dropping deep.

Aberdeen he was our best player yet he got no praise.

He is the scapegoat but Walter Smith obviously rates him and we have won 2 in a row with him in the team and are top of the league so he cant be that bad eh ?

Some of you lot are pathetic :lol: call yourself supporters.

Muff you come out with some shite, no matter what he does you don't praise.

No midfielder got near Eremenko in that first half but McCulloch gets blame.

Like you I could never hate a Rangers player and even tho you will say you don't hate him I think you want him to do badly to fucking criticize him.

Not one bad pass today and couldn't do anything with Eremenko because he kept dropping deep.

Aberdeen he was our best player yet he got no praise.

He is the scapegoat but Walter Smith obviously rates him and we have won 2 in a row with him in the team and are top of the league so he cant be that bad eh ?

Another clown who can see McCulloch do no wrong - shove your supporters shite up your arse, not as if you have ever slated a player, but hey, different when it comes to McCulloch.

Fuck off.

Of course I have criticized a player before but I don't come on Rangersmedia and criticize the same player over and over again no matter what he does or how he plays.

Some of the stuff people are saying in this is ridiculous and its just fucking annoying when there was Broadfoot, Davis, Fleck, Naismith, Whittaker and Foster who were all worse but people come on and have a go at McCulloch.

Today he wasn't great and I know that but he was no were near the worse player and was one of our better players.

He didnt lose any tackles and didnt misplace one pass and was our only player who could his foot on the ball and keep possession.

Fuck off.

Of course I have criticized a player before but I don't come on Rangersmedia and criticize the same player over and over again no matter what he does or how he plays.

Some of the stuff people are saying in this is ridiculous and its just fucking annoying when there was Broadfoot, Davis, Fleck, Naismith, Whittaker and Foster who were all worse but people come on and have a go at McCulloch.

Today he wasn't great and I know that but he was no were near the worse player and was one of our better players.

He didnt lose any tackles and didnt misplace one pass and was our only player who could his foot on the ball and keep possession.

I've criticised loads of players aswell, open your peepers - but that doesn't seem to happen when McCulloch is involved, according to some, he's the only one that get's it :rolleyes:

He didn't lose any tackles - fuck, he didn't make any.

i did , i though both of them allowed the opposition far too much time on the ball and let too many crosses into the box

That may be down to instructions, fishtank. I have watched ALL our fullbacks closely and it's no coincidence that you see all of them funnel back to a few yards inside our 18 yard box when we are on the defensive, which means that if the wide midfield men don't track back (which is Walter's preferred system) our full backs then have to go out and try and cut out the crosses, which of course is too late because by the time they get anywhere near the opposition, the ball is speeding into the danger area.

That's why Weiss wasn't the flavour of the month with Walter not so long ago and why I dare say Lafferty will cop a blasting for Killie's first goal.

The wing halves (I'm showing my age here) and the full backs certainly don't defend in tandem like I was taught many many moons ago.

I am always amazed how people seem to rate McCulloch no matter which position or how awful he plays.

As a midfield holding player he is a disaster; does not know when to close down ball or man and does neither while the opposition walk past him. Today he was again shown up yet again as what he is; a mediocre striker trying to masquerade as a midfielder.

He can pass the ball,however, and can open play and relieve the defence with crossfield balls. That,unfortunately, is not enough to merit him holding his position even in the spl, he needs to be able to work out positioning, learn to anticipate,learn how and when to tackle,find the ability to move with the ball, find another couple of yards of pace or a couple of quick feet.

He lacks too much which is a major factor in every team being able to walk or pass therrough our midfield.

Sweet jesus, are you honestly telling me if your job is to keep possession and you don't pass it forward most of the time, you're not doing your job right ? Would you rather he passed the ball sideways and keep possession or attempt to pass it forward and lose it ?

No, I'm telling you that any Rangers players playing in midfield should have the basic talent of being able to make a pass forwards. This whole thing about you've got about it "not being his job" is an utter joke, all of our midfielders should have the ability to pass a ball forwards. McCulloch doesn't.

You simply cannot afford to have a player in the team who only passes backwards, this isn't playground stuff where all the boys have to play. Points mean prizes and the situation our club is in right now, prizes are the only way we will continue to keep our heads above water. The Champions League cash cow looks to be coming to an end due to our shite coefficient and we will have to go through qualifiers as Champions now. Look what happened to Celtic who finished second last year, horsed in two qualifying rounds and the opposition in those qualifying rounds will only get better.

Simply put, we cannot afford people who do not contribute and McCulloch offers us nothing going forward and precious little at the back. Yes, he wasn't the only bad player yesterday but he is the most consistent waste of space we have. He must be replaced as soon as possible. I could stomach him being a squad player and coming in when we have injuries, his versatility is a strength as a part of the big picture, but there is no way he should be starting a game in central midfield for The Rangers.

If you think he protected the back four today and kept possession today then there is something far wrong.

Lee McCulloch is not a holding midfielder, never has been and never will be. Ball retention, positioning, awareness, tackling, passing... piss poor - he couldn't get near anyone today and he moves like a fcuking snail.

Bar the 1st half of the Aberdeen game, he has been shit for weeks. No matter how poor he play's, he will not be dropped. If that was a Fleck, Weiss, Lafferty, they wouldn't have lasted that long. He does have his good games, now and again, but he is not this 'Kaiser', 'destroyer', enforcer'... that some make him out to be.

The sooner we get in a player capable of playing in the middle of the park, the better because McCulloch and Edu are not good enough. McCulloch being a first team starter, no matter what is a fcuking joke, but there is not a chance of Walter Smith dropping him, and if McCoist does get the gig, and continues to stick by him, then I will fcuking scream because he is a complete and utter waste of a jersey.

There is no point in bringing up anyone else, this thread is about McCulloch. Davis, Whittaker, Weir... have been shit aswell and they will get it in other threads.

Thank you! That's precisely what I'm getting at. He's not got the attributes to be a holding midfielder, nor does he have the vision and array of passing to warrant an inclusion of a central midfielder or playmaker.

I'll back you up.This wee guy keeps putting the Rangers down nearly every time we won.There's something strange about that!Big lee is our unsung hero,just like stuart mcall was but i didn't hear a lot of grumping when he had a bad game.

Comparing lee mcculloch to Stuart mccall? For fcuk sake av seen it all now! How can you call him an unsung hero? Theres plenty of fans who worship mcculloch (fuck knows why!)

I've gave plenty of praise this season to players but tbh we haven't had many stand out performances from the team or individuals!

Comparing lee mcculloch to Stuart mccall? For fcuk sake av seen it all now! How can you call him an unsung hero? Theres plenty of fans who worship mcculloch (fuck knows why!)

I've gave plenty of praise this season to players but tbh we haven't had many stand out performances from the team or individuals!

You'v never gave praise to the team. You're a total negative bastard.

Sorry I don't hate the team and players like yourself (tu).

Hating a player and not rating a player is different!

I'll tell you what I hate tho, the fact that lee mcculloch has been rotten for months yet is completely and utterly undroppable and I swear to god if it carries on when mccoist takes the reins I will die a little more inside.

Was our best player today I thought.

Was the only player who could pass and keep possession and really couldnt do much with Eremenko as he kept dropping deep.

He is just the scapegoat and its getting fucking pathetic.

Why no thread on fucking Davis and Fleck when they were both easily worse ? fucking pathetic so it is.

Him and Edu get undeserved criticism because it seems they are the new scapegoats.

In the Rangers news and the paper he has been rated our best player a hell of alot this season.

Aberdeen game he was superb but yet he gets no praise what so ever and this pish that he has been hiding for months ? how the fuck does Davis escape criticism when he is the one that has not turned up at all this season.

You were doing just fine until you brought the Rangers News into it.

The love for McCulloch is way OTT

He's too slow to shut down and he NEVER tracks midfield runners. The best he does is throw himself about a bit, has a decent dig and a threat in the air

I'd much rather he was replaced by someone younger

McCulloch protects the back four :lol: :lol:

We lose so many goals through the oppositions Midfielders bursting into our box. McCullochs always about 10 yards away blowing out his arse. His awareness is shocking at times

Hating a player and not rating a player is different!

I'll tell you what I hate tho, the fact that lee mcculloch has been rotten for months yet is completely and utterly undroppable and I swear to god if it carries on when mccoist takes the reins I will die a little more inside.

You do hate him though, I've even seen you slag him in the general sports section.

I'll tell you what I hate, the fact he's the only that takes the abuse when the full team is shite, especially by you.

The love for McCulloch is way OTT

He's too slow to shut down and he NEVER tracks midfield runners. The best he does is throw himself about a bit, has a decent dig and a threat in the air

I'd much rather he was replaced by someone younger

What love for him ? theirs are 2 threads on how bad he fuckin is but none on any other player, the hate for him is OTT.