• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the main question is

does he look good because

he has ability?

or

he's playing in a really REALLY poor kilmarnock team?

yes he tore us apart yesterday, but not one midfield hasnt had a half this season where they have tore us apart

inverness

hibs

motherwell

the beggars

aberdeen even

every game we've played our midfield has been dominated purely because we sit too fucking deep on top of our centre halves

i highly doubt that eremenko etc would have gotten space like that had we kept kevin thomson

Glad to see in most of the Sunday papers Eremenko was named man of the match. (tu)

I note quite a few are suggesting we made him look good because we were giving him too much time on the ball and were guilty of standing off him.........

The point is we couldn't get near him, good footballers create time on the ball and find space when there doesn't seem to be any. This guy picked us off at will yesterday.

I don't want to sound as though I'm turning him in to some sort of world beater, that he is not, but he is head and shoulders above every other midfield player in Scotland at the moment with the exception of our very own Steve Davis.

He also has an eye for goal.... during the 2006 World Cup qualifiers he scored an impressive 8 goals from midfield 4 of which were from free kicks, that's something else he could bring to our team.

Someone else suggested he lacked pace... so did two of my all time heroes, Cooper and Baxter, and no, I'm not suggesting he's anywhere near their class, but he'd still be a fantastic signing of that there is no doubt.

Based on that display yesterday I am with you 100%.What he did to us yesterday in the 1st half I havent seen Davis do for ages.The problems raised here about fitness and attitude etc can all be taken care of at Murray Park.The facts are this guy has technical ability and vision that none of our midfielders are showing this season.Who knows what is in the guys mind but at 27 it is probably his last chance to make it at a decent level.We can be that opportunity and he is not going to cost a fortune in either fee or wages.He is available in January if I am not mistaken and I am sure we can structure something along the lines of prove yourself and we will give you a good/better deal.

And by the way Blouie.Not only did Baxter not have pace but he couldnt tackle a fish supper.But name me one better Player Scotland have produced -EVER.

How much do you think he'll be worth?

The problem is his value's going up by the week as other teams take note of performnces like that one yesterday against the Champions of Scotland.

I think at the moment we could possibly land him for somewhere around £750000? Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic there.

Anything less than a million would represent a sharp piece of business on our part.

The problem is his value's going up by the week as other teams take note of performnces like that one yesterday against the Champions of Scotland.

I think at the moment we could possibly land him for somewhere around £750000? Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic there.

Anything less than a million would represent a sharp piece of business on our part.

With only a year remaining on his contract by the time his loan spell at Killie is up, maybe a 500k bid would do it?

With only a year remaining on his contract by the time his loan spell at Killie is up, maybe a 500k bid would do it?

I hope you're right Thommo..... he'd be a hell of a buy at £500K

If I can just go back to what Jocky was saying....

Eremenko's passing, vision and technical ability is something we've been lacking in midfield for a while now.

Edu and Big Lee are great workhorses and do a good job but neither of them could lace Eremenkos boots.

I've been raving about this guy for some time now. For my money he's the best foreign player to play in the SPL that hasn't played for them or us since Frank Sauzee was smoking cigars at Hibs.

Again today he completely ran the show - we couldn't lay a glove on him. Every time he was on the ball he made things happen, exactly the type of midfielder we're looking for.

Too often Big Davie has to punt the ball because no one's coming short to dictate the play - that's where Eremenko comes in.

It's no surprise that Connor Sammon's scoring so often with the service this guy provides - just think what he'd do for Naisy and Miller.

There's no doubt in my mind that he'd be a fantastic signing, make no mistake, this guy's a player.

He looks a bit slow to me i was speaking to some Kilmarnock fans post game yesterday he is on 20 k a week were he is at the moment they have him for nothing to put in shop window decent player apart from lack of pace dont think we would pay him 20k a week

Smirkey (tu)

I think most of us agree that pace isn't his strong point but when you're as good as he is with the ball at your feet you don't need pace.

I wanted to find out what the Killie fans thought of him on one of their boards.... here are a few of the replies...

comment by paperoses (U14683109)

posted 4 Hours Ago

After we went down to 10 men, it looked like Eremenko was having to track back a lot to cover Pascali. He is usually played with a free role to thread balls through and that was seen as both our goals stemmed from passes from him. His fitness is definitely not his strong point, so I wouldn't judge him too harshly on his performance post sending off.

I think he has the ability to pull the strings for any team in the SPL. I think his passing is up there (if not better) with your midfielders.

That said, hands off!!

comment by naismithsmaw SOFBTRC (U8940909)

posted 3 Hours Ago

1) Eremenko is too good for ANY SPL team.

2) Rangers can't afford him.

comment by WhiteRoseKillie (U9423810)

posted 8 Minutes Ago

Here we have the archetypical currant philosophy -

1. Hang on, this mob are running the show and this guy's pulling the strings.

2. Mebbes next time they won'r self-combust, giving us two pens and a free 6-yarder.

3. Best grab their best player - he can't hurt us when he's sat next to Sally all game!

KTID

:lol: Still got a chip on their shoulder about Naisy it seems.

46 caps and 14 goals at international level

How did kilmarnock get him <cr>

Mixu obviously knows him well through Finnish football.

In some ways it reminds me of Doctor Jo and Moravcik... I'd never heard of him either and much as it pains me to say it he was a cracking player.

He's been at bigger/better teams than Kilmarnock, Lecce who at the time were a decent Serie A side, FC Saturn who are a mid table Russian team and Metalist who came 3rd last season and the one before. I aint sure why he keeps being loaned out but Riquelme was loaned out to Villareal when he was at Barca and then Boca when he was at Villareal, due to poor relations with management, maybe it's the same thing?

I think he's a fantastic player and exactly the type of midfielder that we have been lacking for a long time now.

His ball for the first goal was a magnificant piece of vision and the way he found space for hismelf in the first half was also the sign of a guy who just has "it"

His fitness isn't great, but it would improve playing at a higher level and even if it didn't I'd be happy enough to see him do the damage in the first sixty minutes before being replaced.

We gave Eremenko far too much time on the ball yesterday and this is the main reason he looked such a good player. As has been mentioned he might not get that time if he played for us. He does have talent and price wise he could be a fair addition to the squad if he gets fitter but don't forget it was his mis-timed lunge that allowed Whittaker the space to deliver the cross for the the winning goal.

Was that not Pasquale?

More technical ability in his right foot than our whole midfield put together.

Touch, control, passing ability, vision all excellent.

Poor fitness i can live with, that can be worked on, raw talent cannot be taught imho, he has an outstanding ability on the ball. Our midfield couldnt get near him and yet our fans are saying hes not fit! What does that say about our midfield?!

Yeah, i would take a chance on him, certainly not out of our price range.