Refs vote to go on strike

tangledupinblue

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that there's only 6 fixtures, is it not theoretically possible the spl could bring in refs and linesmen from outside scotland? Wouldnt be surprised.

that could be an option but you overlook the fact that every league in europe is struggling to get enough officials to cover their domestic leagues.and the home fa,s would have to sanction it before it could happen

that could be an option but you overlook the fact that every league in europe is struggling to get enough officials to cover their domestic leagues.and the home fa,s would have to sanction it before it could happen

It would also make things worse between the officials and the ruling bodies.

No they haven't. they are the same as every year. You look at games from around europe and the refs make as many bad decisions in the bigger leagues as the do here.

Dead right. There have been some decisions in the BPL that have been as bad, or even worse, than in Scotland.

For those who are crowing about how this is all Celtic's fault, please look in the mirror.

How many threads have been in here proclaiming the ref's a t*ig or tim, even before the game kicks off.

I have said many times that refs are human & therefore make mistakes and that is what makes the game so unpredictable & such a talking point for us all.

Imagine football where there was NO controversy, how boring would it be.

Refs today are under so much more pressure than they were 10-15 yrs ago.

Remember waiting to watch Scotsport on a Sunday, 10 minute highlights of the game after listening to the radio. You focused on the footie because there weren't 20 different angles of a challenge where the ref possibly made the wrong choice.

I long for a day when we can get back to talking about the football rather than rehashing every decision the man in black makes.

Whilst what you say is true, paranoid fans and moaning managers have been a backdrop to football for decades and I can't see that changing. However there is no doubt in my mind that the scales were tipped as a result of this ongoing farce perpetuated by celtic FC.

I agree that this age of replays and message boards has increased pressure on refs, which makes the ludicrous actions of celtic all the more reprehensible; but according to the BBC website celtic think that this crisis is a good thing. At the end of the day reactions of fans and opinions cannot be controlled - thus making it the sole responsibility of the clubs, and I see only one main culprit in that field.

The games will still go ahead. its the referees who have decided to go on strike, the SFA still has a duty to provide the SPL with referees therefor that no matter the price they have to organise referees for the games.

but would other refs be prepared to take over from theyre striking brothers :D

i would never break a strike or a picket line even if i didnt agree with it

If it does happen then it might not be bad news for us.

We have a lot of players injured, face a very tough game, will be coming off the back of a tough CL game. I think we could do with a rest to get some players back fir and available again.

Ewen Cameron on Facebook

Walter Smith will be sat in the house just now with a glass of red and pi**ing himself laughing. Santa has come early for Rangers if the game at Utd is postponed until 2011. By that time Rangers may have a new owner and players in place for the re-arranged tricky trip to Tannadice. Who said Carlsberg don't come up with the goods? haha!

:lol::lol:

I would suggest every single fenian from lenin down to the last fan at the cesspit view the game between Sheffield Utd and Crystal Palace from last night. Then they can tell us if the worlds out to get them or the standard of refereeing is just shambolic throughout Europe.

Every ref is a "h**" according to them right enough.

If you cunts are looking in i hope you all die a fucking horrible death, your club are the worst on the planet, its thanks to your previous leaders you cunts are like this. (thats the kaflik church btw)

Always cheated never defeated.

For those who are crowing about how this is all Celtic's fault, please look in the mirror.

How many threads have been in here proclaiming the ref's a t*ig or tim, even before the game kicks off.

I have said many times that refs are human & therefore make mistakes and that is what makes the game so unpredictable & such a talking point for us all.

The refs aren't going on strike because of what we say on message boards

have to say i saw this coming, cant say i blame them either. The amount of pressure they have been under over the past 18months, mainly from celtic is unbelievable. Celtic have had big decisions go against them over the past 18months but who hasnt? They are still whinging about fortunes disallowed goal ffs when everyone else admitted it was correctly ruled out for leading with the elbow. They have some cheek complaining about decisions after the number they got the last time they won the league. Penalties for tackles 2 yards outside the box, corners when their own player headed it behind with no one near him, caldwell keeping the ball in with his hand and scoring, mcmanus scoring with his fecking hand. the list goes on. Funny i didnt hear them complaining when they were winning.

Every fan has a right to be aggrieved at refereeing desicions or question their loyalties and be able to make their feelings known whether on messageboards or in the pub.

Taking things to the press, releasing statements and brandishing the word cheat about, taking things to a whole new level, is what has made the Ref's revert to this and those responsible should be hammered by the SFA.