Zero tolerance from this tax paying Bear ?

BLUEDIGNITY

Our Absent bears who are no longer with us will be spinning in their graves at the way our club is being run. They bears my father and grandfather were proud of our songs, and could sing what the liked. But now we have people running our club, that is selling the fans down the river.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Absent bears who are no longer with us will be spinning in their graves at the way our club is being run. They bears my father and grandfather were proud of our songs, and could sing what the liked. But now we have people running our club, that is selling the fans down the river.

We have spineless fans like that too.

(tu)

Maybe they presume some people have common sense....god knows why....... :crabflute:

They presume that people are buttoned up the back, mate. TBB is banned due to Fenian being regarded as anti-Roman Catholic, but the word is able to be sung in other ditties?

We're still waiting to see any evidence of a UEFA ban on our most rousing anthem, and strangely I prefer not to take the word of Murray or Dingwall as gospel. ;)

so you don't take the fact they have only ever mentioned FTP, the billy boys and the fammine song as a strong hint of what they don't want sung ?

I would say it's pretty obvious....

Singing a song about a Glasgow gang, and another about a shortage of potatoes doesn't really send any signals out to me about what they are hinting at. Is there a connection?

They presume that people are buttoned up the back, mate. TBB is banned due to Fenian being regarded as anti-Roman Catholic, but the word is able to be sung in other ditties?

We're still waiting to see any evidence of a UEFA ban on our most rousing anthem, and strangely I prefer not to take the word of Murray or Dingwall as gospel. ;)

Plenty more were at the meeting along with mark dingwall, i suppose they all lied as well...after all they are all famously pro Sir david Murray :lol:

As i have said previously i genuinely don't give a feck what people sing, although if it comes back to bite you on the arse and the club get punished at least we will know who to blame...that will be the grown men who put a daft song in front of there team.

Best of luck to you..... (tu)

Plenty more were at the meeting along with mark dingwall, i suppose they all lied as well...after all they are all famously pro Sir david Murray :lol:

As i have said previously i genuinely don't give a feck what people sing, although if it comes back to bite you on the arse and the club get punished at least we will know who to blame...that will be the grown men who put a daft song in front of there team.

Best of luck to you..... (tu)

Thanks for the support! :P

As for the meeting, those present were all lining up for the 'fan on the board' gig. They were certainly pro at that point in time. It did them the world of good!

Anyway, at least we can agree on three points for the Teds tomorrow night!

There is NO UEFA ban on TBB!!!!

UEFA stopped putting their rulings online last year, but, up until then, ALL rulings made by them, were available.

After doing about a month and a half of research for an article on the charlatan, I found 2 rulings with regards to certain songs, or a certain song, by our fans.

The first ruling found us NOT GUILTY.

UEFA web site April 13th 2006:

Not guilty

The body declared the Rangers fans not guilty of alleged discriminatory chants at both legs of the tie, which Villarreal won on the away-goals rule after the two sides had finished 3-3 on aggregate. The body’s decision can be appealed against within three days.

Social problem

In examining the alleged discriminatory chants, the Control & Disciplinary Body admitted that the nature of the song concerned – “Billy Boys” - related to a social problem in Scotland. The body also believed that the disciplinary decision in this case had to be taken in the context of Scotland’s social and historical background.

Studied evidence

After studying the evidence at hand as well as the statement of Rangers FC, the Control & Disciplinary Body conceded that supporters have been singing the song "Billy Boys" for years during national and international matches without either the Scottish football or governmental authorities being able to intervene. The result is that this song is now somehow tolerated.

Social and historical context

Given this social and historical context, the Control & Disciplinary Body said it considered that UEFA cannot demand an end to behavior which has been tolerated for years. In view of the above, the Control & Disciplinary Body ruled that, despite the behavior of its supporters, Rangers FC had not infringed Article 5 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (click here) and cannot be punished according to Article 6

This was appealed:

UEFA web site 24th May 2006:

UEFA's Appeals Body has today partially upheld the appeal made against the Control and Disciplinary Body's decision concerning Scottish club Rangers FC and their UEFA Champions League first knockout round tie against Villarreal CF.

Rangers fined

UEFA appealed against the decision on 12 April by the Control and Disciplinary Body to find Rangers not guilty of alleged discriminatory chants by the club's supporters at both legs of the tie, on 22 February at Ibrox and 7 March at El Madrigal. Rangers have been fined €19,500 and severely warned about their responsibility for any future misconduct by their fans in relation to sectarian and discriminatory behaviour.

Future directives

In addition, the Appeals Body will combine the disciplinary measures with directives safeguarding the correct execution of the judgement. The directives themselves will be communicated to Rangers along with the full written grounds for the disciplinary decision.

This directive below, is well, in my opinion, fake.

CLARIFICATION

UEFA DIRECTIVES.

Villareal

Following the two UEFA Champions League fixtures against Villareal in February and March 2006, UEFA charged Rangers FC for being responsible for discriminatory chants sung by sections of their supporters at both matches, in particular, the ‘Billy Boys’ and ‘Fuck the Pope’.

Rangers challenged the charges and the UEFA Control & Disciplinary Body cleared the Club in April 2006.

UEFA appealed that decision and the Disciplinary Inspector called for the closure of parts of Ibrox stadium, as well as a CHF 35,000 fine. UEFA rules also allowed the consideration of forcing Rangers to play matches behind closed doors, as well as a stadium ban.

The UEFA Appeals Body investigated the case and again Rangers FC challenged all charges. The club was fined CHF 30,000 and the closure or partial closure of Ibrox stadium, as originally sought, was prevented. However, the Club was severely warned about its responsibility for the future conduct of supporters and a directive was issued which stated (in conjunction with the Judgment from the Appeals Body):

‘Fuck the Pope’ is discriminatory under UEFA rules

• The ‘Billy Boys’ is associated “with an attitude that is strongly sectarian and thus discriminatory”.

• The directive also instructed to the Club to implement a range of measures to demonstrate its continuing efforts to eradicate sectarianism, including the banning of supporters indulging in such behaviour, communication of anti-sectarian messages etc.

• UEFA made it clear that the singing of the Billy Boys was prohibited. Songs and chants that referred to ‘fuck the Pope’ and ‘fenians’ were also condemned. The UEFA directive referred to the ‘ethos’ of its decision and said that a club such as Rangers should be in a position to encourage behaviour that would not jeopardise the club at domestic and international fixtures.

Osasuna

Following the UEFA Cup tie against Osasuna in March 2007, Rangers were fined 20,000 Swiss francs for “discriminatory singing” by its supporters. Osasuna was fined far more heavily due to the lack of security arrangements on the night.

UEFA specifically mentioned “No Pope in Rome”, “Fuck the Pope” and the Billy Boys as discriminatory singing and concluded the following:

“UEFA has to send a strong message that sectarianism is unacceptable within football, especially within UEFA competitions. If Rangers FC wishes to compete in UEFA competitions, they must combat this behaviour not only on the occasion of home matches but also on the occasion of away matches. These incidents are ascribable to Rangers FC in accordance with Article 6(1) RD and must be punished accordingly.”

Since that time, the Club has continued with informal liaison with UEFA and the Scottish football authorities and it is clear that the Club and its supporters are unlikely to be given the benefit of the doubt in the future should there be further incidents.

1) Do they expect us to believe that UEFA, the mob who run European football, would spell one of their member clubs name wrong?

2) Do they expect us to believe that UEFA would issue a directive with swear words throughout?

3) Do the expect us to believe that UEFA would spell the word JUDGEMENT wrong?

4) THAT directive is not in keeping with the earlier two above.

5) Has any cunt actually seen this supposed letter/directive from UEFA?

There is NO UEFA ban on TBB!!!!

UEFA stopped putting their rulings online last year, but, up until then, ALL rulings made by them, were available.

After doing about a month and a half of research for an article on the charlatan, I found 2 rulings with regards to certain songs, or a certain song, by our fans.

The first ruling found us NOT GUILTY.

UEFA web site April 13th 2006:

This was appealed:

UEFA web site 24th May 2006:

This directive below, is well, in my opinion, fake.

1) Do they expect us to believe that UEFA, the mob who run European football, would spell one of their member clubs name wrong?

2) Do they expect us to believe that UEFA would issue a directive with swear words throughout?

3) Do the expect us to believe that UEFA would spell the word JUDGEMENT wrong?

4) THAT directive is not in keeping with the earlier two above.

5) Has any cunt actually seen this supposed letter/directive from UEFA?

Great work, bud.

UEFA would have taken us to task before now if we were being scrutinised. This is all down to the club, and they have the mouthpieces from the fans reps falling into line behind them. None of them speak for me.

Sing it loud, sing it proud.

Not if they start dishing out punishment for no reason whatsoever. I wouldh ardly say singing songs warrants any kind of punishment! It should be more about requesting we respect them, and i dont want to. I just dont like them and they dont deserve our respect.

if uefa decide to punish you no court in the world can over rule them.

they run a competition that they dont have to invite you to. and when you do get an invite if you accept you agree to abide by their rules and punishments.

Guys at a time when the mhanky mob are under severe pressure they and their puppet press will be looking out for anything at all to deflect that pressure onto us. Don't shoot ourselves in the foot. There are plenty of other songs to sing.

Under normal circumstances I would say fuck UEFA and lets sing TBB loud and proud.......................every time.

Now this is different due to the fact celtic are being dragged down by their own scum at this moment in time, and anything, and I mean anything, they can get on us will be heavily publicised.

I'm afraid in the case of tonight's game, I'm on the side of caution - don't give those cunts one fucking inch on us.

Under normal circumstances I would say fuck UEFA and lets sing TBB loud and proud.......................every time.

Now this is different due to the fact celtic are being dragged down by their own scum at this moment in time, and anything, and I mean anything, they can get on us will be heavily publicised.

I'm afraid in the case of tonight's game, I'm on the side of caution - don't give those cunts one fucking inch on us.

(tu)

Club and police threatening us about songs ? Do me a favour ? They let a club run by anti British scum run amok with our way of life, break our laws, thumb their noses at our heroes and all our authority can come up with is a threat to us with do not sing sectarian songs ? Getting near the bone now ? Sorry but enough already's. :sherlock:

Well said mate. Loud and proud tonight. :clap: WATP! :uk::clap:

The Billy Boys is banned by UEFA and considered to be a 'sectarian' song because of one word in the song! I have absolutely no problem singing TBB and if the club, UEFA, police or anyone else want to have me arrested for it then so be it, I'll take my chances and see them in court. There's plenty of evidence out there of those cunts referring to themselves as fenians so why is it ok for them but the minute any of us use the word it's all of a sudden 'sectarian'?

Fuck them............Hullo Hullo we are the Billy Boys

The Billy Boys is banned by UEFA and considered to be a 'sectarian' song because of one word in the song! I have absolutely no problem singing TBB and if the club, UEFA, police or anyone else want to have me arrested for it then so be it, I'll take my chances and see them in court. There's plenty of evidence out there of those cunts referring to themselves as fenians so why is it ok for them but the minute any of us use the word it's all of a sudden 'sectarian'?

No it's not.

would you apply the same logic to the word n***er and hope to get off in court.?

good luck to you id start saving for you fine and lets hope rangers dont suffer as well.

Sorry guys, much as I agree with a lot of what has been said, tonight is not the night to fight this battle! There's far too much at stake for the club.

We are steadily undoing all the bad press from Manchester, while the scum are merrily trying to make themselves the most unpopular team in Britain!

The eyes of the world are on us tonight. We have plenty of time to prove our point, just not tonight...