Zero tolerance from this tax paying Bear ?

BLUEDIGNITY

Club and police threatening us about songs ? Do me a favour ? They let a club run by anti British scum run amok with our way of life, break our laws, thumb their noses at our heroes and all our authority can come up with is a threat to us with do not sing sectarian songs ? Getting near the bone now ? Sorry but enough already's. :sherlock:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about more than the club and the polis, though.

If it was just those two, it'd be fine, but tomorrow's game involves UEFA.

They can fine the club, and I don't know about you, but I'd rather not sing one or two songs for 90 minutes than have people sing it and get the club fined money we can ill afford at the moment.

However, if you guys are so small minded that you put yourself singing a song higher than the club losing out on tens of thousands of pounds, go right ahead.

We are treated unfairly when it comes to this. It sickens me.

Personally, I won't sing the Billy Boys at Ibrox during a UEFA juristiction match but that's just me. I've never told anyone what to sing and never will.

Any supporter that grasses anyone should get a swift talking to aswell.

We are treated unfairly when it comes to this. It sickens me.

Personally, I won't sing the Billy Boys at Ibrox during a UEFA juristiction match but that's just me. I've never told anyone what to sing and never will.

Any supporter that grasses anyone should get a swift talking to aswell.

agree there is no lower than grassing on a fellow bear or just grassing in general.a swift kicking would be justice

ill be singing loud and proud all night and will follow the chants of those around me regardless of their song choice...i havnt however got the balls to stand up and start the TBB :blush: ....Follow i will :21:

Andy Kerr does not speak for me. A man who wishes Bears would hand other Bears over to the police.

Who are these supporters that he claims are growing worried? Because they are not following there team away from home with me.. they are not drinking in the pub with me.. Are they a silent minority?

Andy Kerr does not speak for me. A man who wishes Bears would hand other Bears over to the police.

Who are these supporters that he claims are growing worried? Because they are not following there team away from home with me.. they are not drinking in the pub with me.. Are they a silent minority?

Same.

I know shit loads of Rangers fans and not one of these guys represent the thoughts of tadgers like Andy Kerr.

true mate.ive yet to see anybody turn round at a game and say stop singing those bigoted songs.when we travel to away games its loyalist and rangers tunes blasting all the way always had been.its only when you come on to forums you get people saying its wrong bla bla.these are the same people that probaly couldnt tell you where ibrox is never mind go to a game

Same.

I know shit loads of Rangers fans and not one of these guys represent the thoughts of tadgers like Andy Kerr.

Andy Kerr is not a tadger.... he is a decent bear who travels up from down south for nearly every game.

his thoughts differ from me but tadger is a bit harsh

They can fine the club, and I don't know about you, but I'd rather not sing one or two songs for 90 minutes than have people sing it and get the club fined money we can ill afford at the moment.

However, if you guys are so small minded that you put yourself singing a song higher than the club losing out on tens of thousands of pounds, go right ahead.

(tu)

We as diehard fans did not need to be reminded of this, NOBODY sings TBB at Ibrox, what we do need is the CLUB officials and the POLICE defend the rights of decent people who have played the game for some time now. But it is not about time our club defended their own ? And is it not about time the GLASGOW POLICE turned their attention to the ira sympathisers (ex government secretary in more than one position included) and the gangsters in that odious club that trade their hate under the guise of football in Glasgow's east end ? :sherlock:

some people believe the club will get in trouble for singing the billy boys.

maybe their wrong but they dont think so and as such because they care about the club they want it to stop.

frankly i think their pisshing into the wind most dont believe its an issue and others dont care. as such it would be better if its belted out tomorrow night and we are either banned or ignored.

at least we will have a degree of clarity.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20101123/official-club-statement_2254024_2228608

RANGERS Football Club today issued a stark warning to supporters not to engage in any sectarian singing at tomorrow's UEFA Champions League match against Manchester United at Ibrox and at future club fixtures.

The Light Blues have been informed by a number of sources that sectarian behaviour will put the club at serious risk of punishment from UEFA and other footballing authorities.

This includes the singing of songs such as the Billy Boys which is banned by UEFA.

Strathclyde Police has also informed the club it plans to take a zero tolerance approach to sectarian behaviour.

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain said: "The majority of our supporters agree that sectarian singing has no place at Rangers and, working together, the fans and the club have made great strides in recent years to address this behaviour.

"Indeed, a number of fans themselves have raised the issue of sectarian singing recently and the club made an appeal at our AGM for it to stop, which was overwhelmingly backed by those present.

"Unfortunately, there are still those who ignore the club and their fellow fans, with no regard for the consequences of their actions.

"We are making it very clear to supporters we have reliable information that if sectarian singing is evident at our matches, it will put the club at serious risk of punishment and also puts supporters at risk of arrest.

"Our position as a club is that we condemn all forms of sectarian behaviour and we are united with our supporters groups in trying to eradicate it.

"Fans who engage in such behaviour only let themselves, other supporters and the club down."

Robin Howe, Chief Superintendent of Strathclyde Police and the Ibrox Match Commander, said: "Sectarian or racist behaviour is a criminal offence and those who persist in such behaviour risk arrest

"We want all fans to enjoy tomorrow night's match and take on board the information that is being given to them."

Andy Kerr, President of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, said: "Many Rangers fans are concerned at the increase in sectarian singing among a section of our support and we are determined to work together to increase our self-policing activities.

"There is only so much the club can do - it's up to us as fans to get our house in order"

It's only one game, plenty more songs can be sung.

Funny how when the heat is on the mhanky mob that we have 'leaks' threatening Rangers' support for sectarianism, yet again it only seems to go one way in this sectarian issue.

When I heard we had released a statement I was hoping it was a full backing for the referees and we had told the Oirish Plastics to fuck right off and grow up, otherwise piss off elsewhere.