Ach well...

LegendofCoop

We did better than I thought we would when the draw was originally made. I may get pelters for saying this but I really think we missed out on a great opportunity to progress from the group, obviously the home game v Valencia being the prime example but I feel we played too defensive at their ground and then again tonight, Man U were there for the taken yet we played one up front instead of going for the jugular. We might have been found out in those games and lose by 2 or 3 goals but I would rather try and attack than not try at all, especially if the result is the same, a defeat.

We've done better than most (including myself) predicted this season, but cant help but feel a large sense of 'what if'. A little rub of the green in our favour and we could well have been looking at 3 wins out of 3 at home and the group would have a very different complexion right now.

However it wasnt to be and hopefully now we can go to Bursaspor and pick up the 3 points and finish the group in style.

Good performance at Old Trafford, good performance and result against Bursaspor, excellent performance against Valencia at Ibrox and then we were outclassed in the Mestalla but tonight we didn't give it our best shot.

A must win game and it took us until the 85th minute to change it. We should have gave it a go with 20 minutes left.

Good performance at Old Trafford, good performance and result against Bursaspor, excellent performance against Valencia at Ibrox and then we were outclassed in the Mestalla but tonight we didn't give it our best shot.

A must win game and it took us until the 85th minute to change it. We should have gave it a go with 20 minutes left.

How could we change it exactly?

A half-fit Beattie is worthless. And Fleck came on with 20 minutes left...

Push Davis into the middle of the park for a start, rather than having one of the more technically gifted players in our squad playing what was essentially wing back. We didnt need two sitting midfield players in the second half when we knew that a draw or a defeat meant the same thing

Fleck got 10 minutes.

With 20 minutes to go we could have went;

McGregor

Whittaker Broadfoot Weir Foster

Weiss Davis Hutton Fleck

Miller Naismith