The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

These are all possibilities Frankie, but not being a believer in coincidences, I can only see one thing that changed yesterday. The tax case restarted.

Was this deal contingent on what happened there ?

Either

a) Whyte or Murray hoped that HMRC folded their case.

b) AJ and co realised HMRC do stand a good chance of losing the case and now don't need Whyte to hedge their bet. This makes more sense as they seem to be trying to keep him on ice til summer in case it goes tits up.

The reports coming out suddenly seem to be from Whytes side, and aimed at putting pressure on the board.

The only statements from the board (insider) seem to be saying "If you knew what we know". I take that to mean they now think HMRC will lose. It also explains why AJ was keen on Whyte til yesterday apparently.

The tax case was known about when Whyte 1st entered the process. He will also have had it covered by due dillegence.

If our board are at it for their own gain then that is pathetic.

These two parties are treating the club like a fucking toy.

The comments from the BBC article -

Whyte's spokesman 'for some reason the committee are delaying the sale' - and you didn't ask them what that was?!!

'Whyte doesn't want to spend the time removing a hostile board' - after all the time and effort he has spent to date, is owning Rangers not worth the effort?

FARCE

PUT UP OR SHUT UP MR WHYTE

Our club is going to be left to rot by Bain and the rest of them

Whyte was going to bin the lot of them but they formed a commmitee to stop him from taking over

Love of the rangers my arse, all about the dosh for these cnuts

Frankie from what i see there is no way i would want any of that board running our club. They have been part of the mess that we are in, surely they can not then seriously consider buying us out?

Parts of the board will argue their input was minimal and or affected negatively due to SDM influence. I'd suggest that a cop out but who knows for sure.

Moreover, they may have obtained the credible external investment that could aid such a twist while Whyte may have a less agreeable source of funding.

We can only speculate.

I'd fancy he's a worried Celtic supporter. ;)

The initial tax 'query' has been known about for long enough so I doubt Whyte would have seriously pursued a sale if he wasn't confident of obtaining an indemnity from MIH with respect to this.

Club and MIH also remain positive that they will be successful in fending the investigation off - perhaps not winning the case but certainly not having to pay anything near the scale of the Kerrydale Street accountants suggest we'll be liable for.

I'm pretty sure the sale can and will progress irrespective of whether we win or lose this case.

It is a bad day if a worried selik supporter knows or appears to know more than we do, or at least some of us.

If you seriously think this is done so people renew there ST's your mad mate. This stalling will have an opposite effect. The numbers are dwindling already, this would make it worse

JUst my opinion mate. MA renewal is sitting in the house but not sure what to do. A agree it could go against sales or people will renew hoping of a take over and new things next season

Our club is going to be left to rot by Bain and the rest of them

Whyte was going to bin the lot of them but they formed a commmitee to stop him from taking over

Love of the rangers my arse, all about the dosh for these cnuts

Self preservation society

JUst my opinion mate. MA renewal is sitting in the house but not sure what to do. A agree it could go against sales or people will renew hoping of a take over and new things next season

Not trying to tell anyone what to do mate, but if you or anyone else can afford it please do renew. The club still need the money, no matter what we think of Murray or any the rest of them. The club will be hurt no one else

Renewing is a personal thing but when people or organisations treat me with utter contempt then i do not part with my cash regardless of who they are.

This takeove could galvanise the support or totally destroy it and the club.

If it goes through then there is a new found enthusiasm similar to when Holmes and Souness arrived.

If it doesn't go through i would imagine that thousands of ordinary bears will not renew because of all the uncertainty and doom and gloom surrounding the club.

Apparently from someones "source" elsewhere his backers have dissapeared and the board want proof of funding?

All along people have made the point that Whyte may lack the finance to fund the ongoing investment stipulation.

IMO and it is only in my opinion I believe the issue is that Whyte (and any other bidder be it via a MBO or another external party) may be after the same financial backers.

Thus, I think the problem we may have is that these people don't know which horse to back so keep changing their mind.

No matter the whole thing is a shambles and no-one is coming out of this with much credit as long as the supporters are left to speculate on deliberately fed tit-bits.

Your source didn't see this obstacle coming Frankie, and that does give me a slight problem I would be very surprised if it was a money issue, or Whyte's ability to carry out what he proposed to the board- that would have been part of the DD process. It does get very confusing at this stage

All along people have made the point that Whyte may lack the finance to fund the ongoing investment stipulation.

IMO and it is only in my opinion I believe the issue is that Whyte (and any other bidder be it via a MBO or another external party) may be after the same financial backers.

Thus, I think the problem we may have is that these people don't know which horse to back so keep changing their mind.

No matter the whole thing is a shambles and no-one is coming out of this with much credit as long as the supporters are left to speculate on deliberately fed tit-bits.

I have been like a broken record saying King has been too quiet, you heard anything about him ?

I would bet my house (even though i dont own it :P) that not one person on the board gives a shit. Probably Whyte doesnt either. I cant believe this tbh. Yesterday your source had told you that he had the funds after your source being sceptical. Now a guy who's source was saying he had the funding is saying he doesnt wacko.gif

Fuck i need a lie down

For those that want a bit more background on Whyte:

http://sport.scotsman.com/rangersfc/Profile-Craig-Whyte-the-multimillionaire.6631776.jp?articlepage=1

It's not hugely in-depth but at least tells you a bit more other than his stock market dealings as a school boy.

If Whyte hadn't proved he had the funds this deal would have been binned months ago, it's crazy and frankly frightening if the board and SDM have allowed it to go this far without having checked Whyte had 'a pot to piss in'

I would bet my house (even though i dont own it :P) that not one person on the board gives a shit. Probably Whyte doesnt either. I cant believe this tbh. Yesterday your source had told you that he had the funds after your source being sceptical. Now a guy who's source was saying he had the funding is saying he doesnt wacko.gif

Fuck i need a lie down

What they've put us through is a fuckin disgrace. Never thought I would ever see our club in such a state, and run by eejits,