Who will win the bid to host the 2018 WC?

Madina

In the spirit of spreading the Beautifull Game, I'm glad Russia have won it, they may have a lot to do building venues etc but that's the whole idea, England may be able to put on a better show and it would be easier for fans to travel around but England doesn't need to promote or increase interest in the game.

Russia has the money and the ability to stage the WC, good luck too them.

spot on , im pretty sure they said this when they gave it to Africa .

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course it isnt but its the system , there wasnt a problem whent he Euro's were choosen , do you personally know what when on in the background between officials , Maybe England were being arrogant and obnoxious ( what the English , never) behind the scenes and rubbing everyone up the wrong way , its not fair if they have voted that way but England will be the only country complaining and looking for a reasn why they were not choosen while the rest who failed will sift through and learn for next time . i mean did you not hear Beckham ? im here with the future King of England !!!!!!!! that says it all to me ....

I didn't think England would win it, but the bid was surely far too good to out in the first round.

Sounds like Russia had it won by the second round too.

I didn't think England would win it, but the bid was surely far too good to out in the first round.

Sounds like Russia had it won by the second round too.

IMO it was always going to be either Spain/portugal or Russia , due to the poor transport infrastructure , the same reasons Africa and Brazil gt it also

I don't see what all the outrage and shock is about tbh.

Anybody who has followed this process/campaign since the beginning has known that Russia were pretty much stick ons to get it and have been since day one.

A sudden outpouring of national pride and a passionate speech from David Beckham wasn't going to swing it, despite what the bookies thought yesterday.

Qatar getting 2022 is more of a shock than Russia getting 2018.

I still think we might see England hosting 2014 yet.

I am actually most annoyed that they gave 2022 to a country that essentially has half of it's population as expatriate slave labour.

It isn't 'slave labour' to them though, they're rich when they go back to their own country.

Really disapointed we're not seeing a World Cup in Australia. A country never to have held it, football is becoming a massive sport, great infrastructure etc. A much better option.

Australia would have bee a brilliant location for the WC - a sport mental country.

I don't see what all the outrage and shock is about tbh.

Anybody who has followed this process/campaign since the beginning has known that Russia were pretty much stick ons to get it and have been since day one.

A sudden outpouring of national pride and a passionate speech from David Beckham wasn't going to swing it, despite what the bookies thought yesterday.

Qatar getting 2022 is more of a shock than Russia getting 2018.

I still think we might see England hosting 2014 yet.

am I missing something here ?

is Brazil not hosting WC 2014 ?

It isn't 'slave labour' to them though, they're rich when they go back to their own country.

Except they have their passports taken away and never get to leave, while having to spend most of their wages on their basic living.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/nov/16/gulf-states-asian-workers-rights

Yes, but there are now whispers of concerns surrounding it as they are massively behind with a lot of the work needed to be done in terms of stadiums and infastructure.

I genuinely think the reason that England and USA weren't awarded 2018 or 2022 is because they are both capable of stepping in at short notice should Brasil continue to struggle.

Except they have their passports taken away and never get to leave, while having to spend most of their wages on their basic living.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/nov/16/gulf-states-asian-workers-rights

They get their accommodation and food paid for them and they do get to leave.

Aaahhh... a newspaper link, believing them when it suits your agenda. How highly hypocritical. Do not believe everything that you read.

Brazil are in a bit of a mess and some countries will need to be on standby ifBrazil fail to fufill their promise. its all a big political mess aparently with infighting etc etc

Yes, but there are now whispers of concerns surrounding it as they are massively behind with a lot of the work needed to be done in terms of stadiums and infastructure.

I genuinely think the reason that England and USA weren't awarded 2018 or 2022 is because they are both capable of stepping in at short notice should Brasil continue to struggle.

(tu)

didn't know that mate (tu)

if FIFA do take it away from Brazil, will FIFA have to compensate Brazil ? as there was a contract in place ?

If Brazil fail then surely the USA would step in as it's got to be in the American continent, can't see England getting it, that would be Europe twice in a row.

didn't know that mate (tu)

if FIFA do take it away from Brazil, will FIFA have to compensate Brazil ? as there was a contract in place ?

I honestly have no idea mate, but I think it would be up to Brasil to take a step back and say we aren't going to beable to handle this. I don't think FIFA can take it away from them.

In my mind this whole world cup bidding process has been a bit like when I watched The Usual Suspects for the first time. I listen to various podacsts and read a lot of football magazines but I have had no idea what it's been all about no matter how hard I have tried to understand it: the bidders, the movers and shakers, what each decision means all that stuff has been going over my head for the past two years but today they have reached the end and everything I have read/heard has come together and it now finally makes sense :lol:

If Brazil fail then surely the USA would step in as it's got to be in the American continent, can't see England getting it, that would be Europe twice in a row.

Yeah I agree, but it's probably safer to have two back up plans just in case.

I don't think there was any way FIFA could have given England 2018 when there was still any chance, even if it is 0.0001%, of England having to step in and save 2014.