Few questions regarding our

Can anyone help?

1) Has he ever been mentioned on the UK rich list? If not, why not?

2) If hes so rich, why does he need Ellis invloved?

<cr>

maybe ellis has a template for the surrounding areas and thats the reason for his position in this, at the end of the day its about business and improving what you buy, i know nothing of this and wont pretend different but i imagine they are both wanting summit out of it

Can anyone help?

1) Has he ever been mentioned on the UK rich list? If not, why not?

2) If hes so rich, why does he need Ellis invloved?

<cr>

no idea about him being on the rich list.but it would not surprise me if he was fronting the deal for ellis.

i think ellis said previously he was interested in developing the areas around ibrox. if this is the case then ellis's company will boom as will whyte who would own ibrox (and possibly soon the land around it). i can see this being a very lucrative deal for both parties. dont think ellsi will give a shit about the club tho unfortunately.

i think ellis said previously he was interested in developing the areas around ibrox. if this is the case then ellis's company will boom as will whyte who would own ibrox (and possibly soon the land around it). i can see this being a very lucrative deal for both parties. dont think ellsi will give a shit about the club tho unfortunately.

He'll have to or an already cynical support would turn very quickly.

I'm hopeful that Whyte being a Fan is a good sign

Cheers lads, im surprised none of the "big hitters" on here know. And yet when we had the takeover thread it was full of optimistic fans, yet in reality, we hardly know anything about this guy and his buddy.

<cr>

i know nowt of white apart from hearing he is a fan, all good there and if he is and has businesses around glasgow and other places he wont be looking to do anything un-toward, i think ellis is there for development and financial gain and maybe white being the owner will benefit from a winning team and a new regeneration of the area which ellis may be more involved, all speculation but i think it may be close to what is going on, whyte? what do you know of him, where he from etc and has he businesses in glasgow

Don't MIH have cash flow issues?

In recent years maybe the fortune has dipped a bit, he had many years before that to do the business if it was feasible,Murray is not a man to shirk a challenge or develop a deal if its on, its hard to see Whyte and Ellis spotting something Murray missed.

In recent years maybe the fortune has dipped a bit, he had many years before that to do the business if it was feasible,Murray is not a man to shirk a challenge or develop a deal if its on, its hard to see Whyte and Ellis spotting something Murray missed.

Very true, i thought i read that the council blocked any development plans of Sir Davids for that area, i could be wrong of course. But ive also been told Rangers own most of the land around the stadium which i didnt knwo whether to believe, if we do, would the new owner be buygin the land too?

<cr>

Whyte is a complete mystery to me in regards to who he is or how much wealth he has or what his motives are in any proposed buy-out of Murray...however! Ellis I do know something about from a few mates of mine who are very long term dyed in the wool QPR fans and businessmen in their own right.

According to them, Ellis is an "opportunistic entrepreneur" and property developer who has a host of great ideas but not the money to carry them out. About 10 years or so ago,he wanted to buy out QPR for around £9-10million, redevelop Loftus Road into property estates and move QPR out towards Heathrow airport area where they would have something similar to the Chesea Village idea.

Of course, the QPR fans were in uproar at this idea as was the local council, but the next thing I heard was that Ellis dropped his interest in the idea. My mates reckon that Ellis hasn't got as much money as he likes to make out, so you figure it out why he wants to buy into Rangers.

Murray was trying to develop it. He purchased much of the land around Ibrox before the recession hit and obtained planning permission from the council to redevelop the area. Ellis and Whyte simply have the cash and desire to do it.

I would imagine part of the deal will involve the rights to the previously purchased land.

Murray was trying to develop it. He purchased much of the land around Ibrox before the recession hit and obtained planning permission from the council to redevelop the area. Ellis and Whyte simply have the cash and desire to do it.

I would imagine part of the deal will involve the rights to the previously purchased land.

Now that would make sense why Ellis is so keen to dip his mitts into the water.

We have to remember that even if Whyte or Whyte/Ellis puts a bid on the table, there's nothing to say that the Mint will accept it even if he gets the money he's looking for, because he has stated on more than one occasion that he won't sell if he doesn't believe that the new owners can take Rangers forward as a club.

I've said from the first day that the name Ellis suddenly appeared was that he was more interested in getting the chance to develop the land round about Ibrox, and this would now be the best chance before prices start to rise again.

As long as there is still investment into our club then I don't care if both Whyte and Ellis in this instance also make a profit from any re-development plans.

I'm not sure what the remit of MIH actually is with regards to their business, but wasn't aware that property development was part of their portfolio? Part of the agreed plan could be (and I'm not saying it is), is that any agreed plans for the purchase of Rangers and any possible development, then who agrees to this uses MIH for their supplies (steel etc) and possibly staff?

Would it be such a bad thing if Ellis is only interested in developing the land around Ibrox?

This would surely increase the worth of the club and it's assets, and who really puts money in anywhere and doesn't look for some sort of return?

I don't have any problems with this (if this is what it's all about) so long as the Rangers don't suffer, and they move the club from strength to strength.

Maybe Whyte will be the one to keep Ellis in tow?