Bolton also interested in Brown

But in Fairness, the only selling point is quite a large one... playing in the premiership is a huge attraction for players.

Also I really don't buy this Thomson/Brown double act, honestly unless they are genuinely gay lovers, I don't see them making career and life altering decisions based on what their mate is doing. And if they are gay lovers then they shouldn't be working together, shouldn't mix business with pleasure...

I rate Brown as a player and think it would be great if he signed for Rangers but I don't think he is worth over 4 million and I think other teams will be prepared to pay that for him,.... including Celtic... just my opinion

Guest orangpendek

surely not bolton tho? no fans, horrible town, never win anything. what's the attraction? all the whippets you can race?

If a player chooses any team outside the top 4 in England over one of the OF teams, its obvious they're only interested in money. It'll be at least 10,15 years before another team outside the top 4 takes the place of a team already in that bracket IMO.

If a player chooses any team outside the top 4 in England over one of the OF teams, its obvious they're only interested in money. It'll be at least 10,15 years before another team outside the top 4 takes the place of a team already in that bracket IMO.

Tottenham.

IB, regarding Tottenham.

I don't see it personally. A decent team, but they just don't have any belief.

Their big chance to make a good name for themselves was being 3-1 up Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup recently, and totally fucked that right up.

Plus I'm a Gooners man, been down the Emirates a few times, and point blank refuse to give the Spuds any credit :)

Guest therabbitt
I'm still pretty certain Brown will sign for us.

I'm still not sure where he will fit in

He would be a brilliant signing, remember Watty needs to build a squad capable of challenging domestically and in the european fold, not only build a good first team around one steadfast set of tactics.

In modern football reliance on one way of playing can be to a clubs detriment, just ask Arsenal who have no plan B, they can only pass the ball to death. To challenge in Europe as a club in transition, we need to drop into different shapes, principly based around ball posession and counter-attacking. If we played like this in the SPL we loose games or draw as we are much better than our counterparts and should control the game and attack on the front foot.

The option of Brown or Burke (Sionko?) on the right side of midfield gives us options, one is more attacking than the other, better suited for when we have the lions share of the possesion and the other is a more rounded ball winner and capable of tracking back as well as pressing forward (more suited for European style tactics).

Furthermore Brown can play in the centre also, being a different option to Hemdani or Thomson, perhaps for games when we need some steel, Old Firm games? I think if we needed to play with 3 central midfielders, Thomson, Brown and Ferguson would be a fantastic combination, coolness and short passing of thomson, controlled(?) agression and steel of Brown and creativity and driving force of the midfield.

Id sign him in an instant, we need to push through a transfer as soon as we can, before other vultures begin to circle....

IB, regarding Tottenham.

I don't see it personally. A decent team, but they just don't have any belief.

Their big chance to make a good name for themselves was being 3-1 up Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup recently, and totally fucked that right up.

Plus I'm a Gooners man, been down the Emirates a few times, and point blank refuse to give the Spuds any credit :)

I think you will find it was me who said Spurs :P

I think they have a really good chance if they hang onto some of their better players like Lennon and the like.

They narrowly missed that CL spot last year remember!

I'm still pretty certain Brown will sign for us.

I'm still not sure where he will fit in

Brown will be a straight replacement for Buffel.

Brown can play behind the strikers, in a wider role or even deeper in midfield. He's shown against us (and generally) in recent seasons he'd be a very useful signing.