Walter Smith

gsa

The 1st player i would get rid of is, steven whittaker. His passing is shite and he gets away with not getting slagged too much because he's not bad at going froward.

But in the last few weeks he's been shite at going forward aswell. Maybe some of the players are getting to comfortable because, they know no one's going to take there place.

While I agree that overall Walter has done well since he has been back at the club, my memory of this period in Rangers histroy will be the type of dispaly we seen today. Time and time again over the last few years I have looked forward to watching the football at the weekend only to have to endure that rubbish (even in games where we win). Players who cannot pass or control the ball, players played out of position, no pace or athleticism and negative tactics.

Walter is very lucky celtic are pathetic at the moment.

And please don't anyone come up with the famous walter "no resources" excuse (which I have no doubt he will treat us to in the coming days to deflect attention from this performance) there are teams all over the world who have less resources than rangers and they still manage to play semi decent football.

Well i would like to think so considering his record i.e UEFA Cup Final , 2 League Titles, 2 League cups, 1 scottish cup

I appreciate what walter has done his tactics have worked but its hard to watch

We are in the Arsenal with Arsene Venger mode his teams play with flair but cant win things

What do we want - A team with no flair or attacking down to kenny miller on his own

Walter has taken us to a uefa cup final and brought respectabilty back to ibrox and we have to salute the man

he has done it on a budget and today inverness whether you like it or not yo me are a bogey team

but the good news is celtic arent too good against them eitheir.

Which gets me to the should be next rangers football manager in waiting Terry Butcher

he was our captain kicked shit out of dressing room doors when we lost

walter smith has never got one over on his team .

He has managed teams and done well media friendly and given the ibrox job

it would be a match made in heaven .

He would attract good english players to the club as they would respect him .

I have nothing against ally except he isnt ready for this butcher is .

I appreciate what walter has done his tactics have worked but its hard to watch

We are in the Arsenal with Arsene Venger mode his teams play with flair but cant win things

What do we want - A team with no flair or attacking down to kenny miller on his own

Walter has taken us to a uefa cup final and brought respectabilty back to ibrox and we have to salute the man

he has done it on a budget and today inverness whether you like it or not yo me are a bogey team

but the good news is celtic arent too good against them eitheir.

Which gets me to the should be next rangers football manager in waiting Terry Butcher

I have nothing against ally except he isnt ready for this butcher is .

I'd have to respectfully say that your post is as wide of the mark as could possibly be...ie; I think you're talking a fair bit of dross there...So let's go through your post and see what we come up with.

Quote*... Which gets me to the should be next rangers football manager in waiting Terry Butcher

For a starter, Terry Butcher has been fucking sacked or asked to leave at EVERY football club he managed (except Motherwell)due to terrible results and style of football his teams have played...Go look at when he destroyed Sydney FC who were Australian champions..and by the way, is your memory that short that you can't remember Butcher got ICT relegated in his first year and was minutes away from being sacked in the 1st division untill ICT beat Motherwell in a cup game that saved his neck.

#2...How the fuck could he attract "Good English players" to our club when we can't even compete in wages with clubs from the championship FFS?

BTW! the idea that ICT is our "Bogey Team" is ludicrous...the past two results against them have been down to us playing fucking shite and not taking the game by the scruff of the neck, not ICT playing well.

You are totally within your rights to have your opinion on Butcher, which I fully respect....But I sure as hell don't agree with you on it.

This performance was always expected after coming back from an away champions league tie and then having to travel upto Inverness. We are 3 points infront of the scum but hey lets forget that. If Miller or Naismith took at least 1 chance we wouldn't be having this thread.

but they never , and we are .

Footballs a simple game made complicated by coaches, theres a time and place for negativity the SPL considering our talent pool(in comparison to other SPL teams) is not the place.

4-4-2 for me, my team next week

One who can catch

Four that can tackle

Four that can pass

Two that can score.

Simples.

Footballs a simple game made complicated by coaches, theres a time and place for negativity the SPL considering our talent pool(in comparison to other SPL teams) is not the place.

4-4-2 for me, my team next week

One who can catch

Four that can tackle

Four that can pass

Two that can score.

Simples.

So! I take it that unless we make a few changes from yesterdays abysmal 1st half showing we will be playing against St.Mirren with 5 or 6 players? :lol:

Oh wait! we cannae dae that 'cause we need 7 to start the gemme. doh

While I agree that overall Walter has done well since he has been back at the club, my memory of this period in Rangers histroy will be the type of dispaly we seen today. Time and time again over the last few years I have looked forward to watching the football at the weekend only to have to endure that rubbish (even in games where we win). Players who cannot pass or control the ball, players played out of position, no pace or athleticism and negative tactics.

Walter is very lucky celtic are pathetic at the moment.

And please don't anyone come up with the famous walter "no resources" excuse (which I have no doubt he will treat us to in the coming days to deflect attention from this performance) there are teams all over the world who have less resources than rangers and they still manage to play semi decent football.

Just about sums this nonsense up.

Never mind the trophies, the european finals this guy prefers to focus on dropped points that happen to every team and every manager.

Sums up some of the whiney bastards we have in our support

When will someone have the bottle to confront Smith about his diabolical tactics week after week ? He cost us 10 in a row first time round with the same crap tactics and he is murdering football all over again and no one seems to be prepared to confront him over it .

I know money is tight for everyone , but paying the cash for a season ticket to watch terrible football every week is killing the club . The sooner he is gone the better and McCoist had better not copy his style either

Just about sums this nonsense up.

Never mind the trophies, the european finals this guy prefers to focus on dropped points that happen to every team and every manager.

Sums up some of the whiney bastards we have in our support

"Never mind the trophies"

I know I totally agree, domestic trophies are no barometer on coaching expertise as only two teams can really win and they have 10 x as much as other teams to spend.

"the european finals"

Do you mean final? The one where Wally embarrassed us in front of the whole of Europe by not even attempting to win?

I know I totally agree, domestic trophies are no barometer on coaching expertise as only two teams can really win and they have 10 x as much as other teams to spend.

"the european finals"

Do you mean final? The one where Wally embarrassed us in front of the whole of Europe by not even attempting to win?

"Wally" embarrassed us you really starting to show what you are now.

Man Utd also got tore apart by the same team in the supercup tells you something if you were a thinker.

"the european finals"

There you go a "rangers fan" who thinks none of our titles ,and presume domestic cups, matter as they apparently can only be won by two teams and a "rangers fan2 that takes no joy out of our uefa cup run.

Why do you bother supporting rangers if you have such a low opinion of our achievments, just out of interest ?

"the european finals"

I don't know if you're looking for a bite or not but you really have no idea do you?

Titles aren't a barometer on coaching expertise? Success is the barometere of anything. Smith has beaten Celtic these last two years despite having a far smaller budget than them. Arsenal are widely considred the best footballing team in England. Manchester United beat them on Monday and will most probably go on and win the title. Who's has the more coaching expertise there? - Wenger or Ferguson. Ferguson's team plays poorer football yet wins. I know who's got the most coaching expertise in my eyes. You enter competitions to win. You play sport to win. You win by any means necessary - if you want entertained go to the circus.

Embarrassed in a European Final? I was at the game. Were you? I seriously doubt it. We were beaten two nil with a second goal coming in the dying minutes. Minutes prior to that Novo and Ferguson passed up excellent chances to equalise. Aye but that's right - we were hammered and our run to the final against teams with far bigger budgets were an absolute embarrassment as well.

In fact i'm so ashamed of my club I might go and tear up my season ticket now.

Smith has beaten Celtic these last two years despite having a far smaller budget than them.

the only reason he had a smaller budget is because he spent far too much after he and the team made a complete cunt of it against kaunas

smith spent a fucking fortune that season after manchester, all to win the SPL

dont let titles and trophies blind our view, smith has had a fucking fair whack to spend since he came back, probably more than eck and PLG combined

why are people so desperate rob Walter smith of the credit of turning our club back into something you can be proud to support after the shambles of PLG and the end of ecks tenure....i never really will understand the motivation. Especially when there arguments are as ridiculous as we see from various people on this thread......

I'm not really one for bashing walter smith , and Im not trying to take anything away from his achievements since returning to the club . His record has been exceptional and the trophy haul has been fantastic .

But I also don't think it's being harsh or negative to ask why our style of football is so poor compared to other teams in the spl . The arguement of financial constraints doesn't stand up either as we still out spend almost every other team in the league . And surely with having such A small , well knit squad that we would have seen an improvement in our style of football with the players being together for 2 or 3 years . But we haven't and in my opinion that's down to the management and coaching .

I know many will argue that results come before performance , but what's wrong with striving for both ?

why are people so desperate rob Walter smith of the credit of turning our club back into something you can be proud to support after the shambles of PLG and the end of ecks tenure....i never really will understand the motivation. Especially when there arguments are as ridiculous as we see from various people on this thread......

no one is robbing him of anything, history will always remember both smiths era's as being trophy laden and successful

but if he does something wrong, he should then also be criticised shouldnt he not? like recently with the teams poor starts to games, lacking of basics and still the shocking example of set piece taking