The Day That United the Old Firm

Jamie1807

Maybe you should try being more subjective about the subject mate, rather than just blindly going down the "must hate all tims" route at all costs.

No please don't change, the must hate all scum is the only route to go.

Na, it's no problem.

Liverpool are mentioned in that article, along with other English teams which do sing about that particular disaster.

I have heard some of the vile things about Ibrox that come from an amount, not the majority of Celtic and Aberdeen fans, but I'd like to think that most of them would remember the 66, even if they still are scumbags.

If they do not observe this minutes silence there is gonna be bother but i really hope all of them even if they are scum like you said have at least a tiny bit of human nature to observe because it will do the world a whole lot of good if they do. It's ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ you need to watch for though.

I've heard Liverpool fans and fans of other British teams singing about Munich.

But, I've actually never heard other teams fans singing about Hillsborough or Heysel I don't think. Maybe there has been though.

I've heard Rangers fans singing about Munich a few times and cringed every time. In the aftermath of Hillsborough one of the tributes laid out on The Kop said simply "Munich, now we understand". Man Utd fans briefly sang about Hillsborough as they had been taunted about Munich for years, but I think good sense prevailed.

If they do not observe this minutes silence there is gonna be bother but i really hope all of them even if they are scum like you said have at least a tiny bit of human nature to observe because it will do the world a whole lot of good if they do. It's ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ you need to watch for though.

Are they not banned from Ibrox for this game?

I don't want to change this thread into a will they/won't they debate. But it's a minute, maybe two minutes to be silent and remember innocent people who lost their lives. It's not difficult.

I've heard Liverpool fans and fans of other British teams singing about Munich.

But, I've actually never heard other teams fans singing about Hillsborough or Heysel I don't think. Maybe there has been though.

WHOS THAT CRUSHED AGAINST THE FENCES

WHOS THAT SCREAMING FOR THEIR LIFES (FOR THEIR LIFES)

ITS THE SCOUSERS AND THERE MATES GETTING CRUSHED BY THE GATES AND THEY WONT BE SINGING MUNICH ANYMORE!!!!!!

thats the song apparently but thats was made clearly to counter the munich disaster obviously

choke...good article but horrible reading... reminds me of an article in the sunday mail the other day which i couldnt finish out of sadness and the fact i was in public...about a wee lad whos last words he heard from his dad as he was sweeped away was 'my boy!

choke...good article but horrible reading... reminds me of an article in the sunday mail the other day which i couldnt finish out of sadness and the fact i was in public...about a wee lad whos last words he heard from his dad as he was sweeped away was 'my boy!

There was a side article to this

And it was about Peter Easton from Markinch who was only 13 years of age.

The last time she seen her son was in her kitchen before the game, and they weren't sure if she and her husband should allow Peter to go to the game. Her husband said as he had been a good boy they should let him go.

The last night Peter said to his mother was "thanks"

I've heard Rangers fans singing about Munich a few times and cringed every time. In the aftermath of Hillsborough one of the tributes laid out on The Kop said simply "Munich, now we understand". Man Utd fans briefly sang about Hillsborough as they had been taunted about Munich for years, but I think good sense prevailed.

It was sung very often at Ibrox in the eighties, and lets not forget what we sung after Johnny Doyle died. There is scum on both sides of the Old Firm.

I think when we squabble over who showed the 'right level of grief' we start losing sight of things somewhat.

Young men and women died attending a match. They could easily have been Celtic fans and I am sure that in the aftermath we would have helped and shown solidarity as they, in the main, did.

The sick stuff has came about over time from complete scumbags and daft wee boys. We are all old enough to know that if the shoe was on the other foot we have 'supporters' who would have done the same.

I read about guys like Bob Rooney and like to think the average Celtic fan would have been like him at the time. Bob was the Celtic physio, who with tears in his eyes, attended victim after victim until he was pulled away by those who could see they were dead.

Equally, Jock Stein and other members of the Celtic backroom staff who had not been sent away with the team, became stretcher bearers for the injured.

The Disaster is not a weapon to be used to show how much we hurt or support or, indeed, hate.

It is a human tragedy that fell upon our beloved club.

We must never lose sight of that. Ever.

I think when we squabble over who showed the 'right level of grief' we start losing sight of things somewhat.

Young men and women died attending a match. They could easily have been Celtic fans and I am sure that in the aftermath we would have helped and shown solidarity as they, in the main, did.

The sick stuff has came about over time from complete scumbags and daft wee boys. We are all old enough to know that if the shoe was on the other foot we have 'supporters' who would have done the same.

I read about guys like Bob Rooney and like to think the average Celtic fan would have been like him at the time. Bob was the Celtic physio, who with tears in his eyes, attended victim after victim until he was pulled away by those who could see they were dead.

Equally, Jock Stein and other members of the Celtic backroom staff who had not been sent away with the team, became stretcher bearers for the injured.

The Disaster is not a weapon to be used to show how much we hurt or support or, indeed, hate.

Couldn't put it better myself.

Well said!

It was not about football when that happend but yet we do have idiots (from both sides) who make it to do with that!

There will be idiots in the Celtic end who will show disrespect during the silence, however we will equally have morans who are only interested in waiting for them to do it, rather than paying their respects!

For that 1 minute nothing will pass my mind other than remembering those who lost their lives.

I don't think he's defending them.

You said you didn't expect Liverpool to sing songs about the Munich air disaster to Manchester United fans, but they are quite notorious for it

He said he didn't think Liverpool fans sang those songs right after the air crash.

Spot on (tu)