Two sides to every story

ibrox.pngThis has been a subject that many would argue has been worn to death by the media. This topic I talk about is sectarianism, most specifically when discussing Rangers and Celtic.Though Celtic fans respectfully observed a minute's silence in yesterday's Old Firm fixture for the 40th Anniversary of the Ibrox disaster, songs about joining the IRA and "ooh ah, up the RA", were audible. The IRA are of course a terrorist organisation. This behaviour must be condemned. Whether these supporters partake in this behaviour truly support the IRA is highly debatable. Many will do it for the 'shock factor' and to wind up other fans. This of course does not make it right.

View the full article

Anyone else think that our journalists are perhaps too frightened to tackle the subject of celtic supporters singing IRA songs loudly, clearly and weekly, incase of a similar backlash and hate campaign being launched against them by the celtic supporters as we have seen with referees?

Is it perhaps easier and safer for them and their familys to simply ignore the goings on at celtic, After all it could lead to personal attacks and abuse, threatening phone calls at home, vandalism, an all out hate campaign.

Celtic supporters are great at playing the victim role, they are equally great at attacking anyone who does not share their views or politics.

Celtic ''Go home ya h***'' = Not even worth a mention

Rangers ''Why dont you go home'' = Outrage, widespread anger, criminal, racist etc

'I feel that you cannot criticise one half of the Old Firm, whether it be Rangers or Celtic, without having some perspective on the behaviour of the other.'

My thoughts exactly, though I get demonised for doing that on here...

i,m sure i,ve seen you cutting about. your the one carrying the mop & pale .

to clean up the spillage of your bleeding heart .

until people realize that the agenda is against rangers & only us & sit about

doing nothing about it , it will only get worse

look as fans we have helped get some extra exposure on things by sending things to varying locations, ie the emirates etc, why are these scum not getting highlighted at every opportunity we can to any place that will look at it, enough is enough cause im sure next season it will be the same old time and time again till it gets highlighted as much as poss, we can keep talking but no actions will no doubt mean nothing will ever come of it, just my opinion considering the the effects whome they are singing about had over here

Anyone else think that our journalists are perhaps too frightened to tackle the subject of celtic supporters singing IRA songs loudly, clearly and weekly, incase of a similar backlash and hate campaign being launched against them by the celtic supporters as we have seen with referees?

Is it perhaps easier and safer for them and their familys to simply ignore the goings on at celtic, After all it could lead to personal attacks and abuse, threatening phone calls at home, vandalism, an all out hate campaign.

Celtic supporters are great at playing the victim role, they are equally great at attacking anyone who does not share their views or politics.

Celtic ''Go home ya h***'' = Not even worth a mention

Rangers ''Why dont you go home'' = Outrage, widespread anger, criminal, racist etc

The celtc/labour party/RC lobby in this country has Scotland by the balls. You are right though anyone speaks out against them, the masses (pun intended) mobilize and do whatever they can to either shut the person up or have them removed from their job. Whenever one of their lot does anything its a case of 'lets draw a line underneath it and move on'.

Brian McNally is a scumbag. I've been following his comments closely on twitter and several people including journalists and other football writers have tried to question him regarding his recent comments defending the singing of IRA songs but he has repeatedly dodged the issue and refused to condemn these songs or the IRA itself.

i,m sure i,ve seen you cutting about. your the one carrying the mop & pale .

to clean up the spillage of your bleeding heart .

until people realize that the agenda is against rangers & only us & sit about

doing nothing about it , it will only get worse

Ah, Oldfirm hypocrisy....