Rangers vs Inverness: Tuesday January 18th

1st_Jan_1994

6 points from Hamilton and Inverness and we are back on track

I'd love us to win every game up until the next old firm , we are definately capable of it and fingers crossed Celtic drop points along the way and it will give us a cushion going into the game at parkhead

6 points from Hamilton and Inverness and we are back on track

I'd love us to win every game up until the next old firm , we are definately capable of it and fingers crossed Celtic drop points along the way and it will give us a cushion going into the game at parkhead

Both us and then have tough games until the next OF if we keep winning I'm sure they will drop points somewhere

No doubt part of a conspiracy to make sure we have our best players available for the harder games.

Webster or Big Lee at CH?

It would not surprise me if big Lee moves back and Ness or Hutton comes into the midfield with Edu.

It probably depends on the fitness or otherwise of Webster, but I've a sneaky feeling that Walter will ask Davie Weir who he would prefer in there with him.

Butcher not happy: http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/inverness/219850-butcher-fumes-at-spl-over-rangers-date/

I’m really disappointed that we’re being forced to play a game that we didn’t want to,” Butcher told STV, pointing out that weather conditions could affect travelling supporters. “Because of our fans travelling down the A9, which is probably the worst road in Scotland, with the worst record in Scotland.

“Anyone with any sort of sanity would probably say ‘hang on a minute, we’ve scheduled it for March 2 and that’s a good number of weeks in advance’. Then the fans would be able to travel down in better conditions.”

Butcher also pointed out that his training schedule and planned scouting were being disregarded and pointed out that his side had no outstanding fixtures and did not need the date changed.

“We’ve just come through a hectic programme over Christmas and New Year,” he added. “We’ve played every game and played more games than any other team.

“We have no backlog of fixtures and yet this game has been put back and then brought forward because there’s an available window for it to be played.

“I just think it hasn’t taken into account our fans. It hasn’t taken into account our preparation as well. I’ve not had Rangers watched or been interested in Rangers because we weren’t scheduled to play them for six weeks.”

Inverness were one of the clubs to speak out against planned changes to the structure of the SPL and the manager said that issue, along with the date re-shuffle, had convinced him that his club were being ignored and had every right to protest.

“I think this is a season when a lot of clubs in the SPL, ourselves included, see our wishes and our thoughts and best interests are not being heard or taken into account,” he said.

“I think it’s about time we stood up and said that we are a voice to be heard here.

“We’ve been called rebels. We’re not rebels at all up here. We’ve got the best interests of our club, our shareholders, our supporters and our players and I think our voice has a right to be heard.”

The SPL told STV that they were doing everything they could to get through outstanding fixtures and lessen the impact of any further bad weather or replays.

“We understand that Inverness Caledonian Thistle are disappointed by the decision to re-schedule their Clydesdale Bank Premier League fixture against Rangers to Tuesday 18 January,” a spokesperson said.

”Unfortunately, the severe fixture congestion that we are experiencing – which could become even more difficult if there is more adverse weather or additional cup replays – means that it is vital to make use of midweek slots wherever possible. It is in that context that the decision was made regarding this fixture.”

He kept mentioning safety and that the fans shouldn't have to travel up and down the A9 during winter. He's tarded. Does he realise winter lasts about 4 months and that Inverness need to use the A9 to travel to nearly every ground in Scotland.

Good news for us but Terry Butcher is well in his rights to be majorly pissed off. Hopefully the circumstances won't fire them up too much.

Hopefully we will be well into a 6 week winning streak when the game comes round and continue on a run. The OF game should have given the players a good boot up the arse.

I can see Butcher's point about having to play a game at short notice, but the rest of his moning was a load of shite.

The A9 is treacherous for our supporters :anguish:

Aye right...catch the fuckin train.

We haven't even looked at Rangers lately :anguish:

Aye right...You were the only people not tuned in to the game last Sunday :anguish:

Is Butcher trying to tell us that his training to play ANY side has to be done weeks in advance? :anguish:

Fuckin bullshit.

Complain by all means,Butcher... but stop acting like that mob who invent scenarios that are about as truthful as you being a good coach of Sydney FC.

Maybe ICT was booked in for a tour of fuckin Banff that week.