Boxing and MMA

2 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Heard from a very good source McGuigan hit Carl with a 400k tax bill he wasnt expecting plus he thought there was too many of McGuigans family living off him

mate, when carl fought Quigg, carls dad had 5000 tickets to sell to his fans from Belfast. Barry the rat who was always praising the fans, put 10% barry tax on the tickets, from £40 right up to £500 for himself.  me and the matres got £80 pound tickets and it was explained to us why they cost £88, so barry stroking the fans who had to pay for flights and hotels to line his own pockets, heard carl was raging about that one.  

in the build up to the fight this week you could hear his stable mates sneer and have jibes at the McGuigans.  i also heard Taylor is leaving. 

43 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

i think he win by about 3 rounds, i thought it was a tough fight, not lucky. 10 rounds was a good decision.

I think he won by one at most he stood and was out faught for so long he tried to out brawl Garcia rather than out box him.

7 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I think he won by one at most he stood and was out faught for so long he tried to out brawl Garcia rather than out box him.

yea he did try to out brawl him, but a lot of garcia's punches where not landing, stupid from carl, he could have made it an easier fight but chose not to, some of the eye catching shots from carl was mouth watering at the start. Garcia was one tough man and looked in great nick, im glad carl didnt choose a journey man because he needed this, as a carl frampton fan, im looking at him and worrying about his weight issues, i think he has them. 

also, i think he should have another tune up fight before he trys again for a title. 

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

yea he did try to out brawl him, but a lot of garcia's punches where not landing, stupid from carl, he could have made it an easier fight but chose not to, some of the eye catching shots from carl was mouth watering at the start. Garcia was one tough man and looked in great nick, im glad carl didnt choose a journey man because he needed this, as a carl frampton fan, im looking at him and worrying about his weight issues, i think he has them. 

Garcia was impressive imo and should have stopped Frampton and if he had more of a killer instinct would have. When he had him on the ropes twice he should have finished it.

For the first three rounds Frampton looked like blowing Garcia away but couldn't keep that pace and allowed himself to get into a slug fest which should have cost him.

4 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Garcia was impressive imo and should have stopped Frampton and if he had more of a killer instinct would have. When he had him on the ropes twice he should have finished it.

For the first three rounds Frampton looked like blowing Garcia away but couldn't keep that pace and allowed himself to get into a slug fest which should have cost him.

no way frampton is getting stopped of this guy, he was on the ropes, shouldnt have been on them but he was comfortable enough, got hit with a few shots, never in danger, looked fucked tho, was it 11 months out? i dunno for a boxer? can he blame that but imo he win it by 3-4 rounds. 

when you ever see frampton on the ropes like that? was it ring rust? he's usually great fighting of the back foot.  his feet where not at his best tonight

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

no way frampton is getting stopped of this guy, he was on the ropes, shouldnt have been on them but he was comfortable enough, got hit with a few shots, never in danger, looked fucked tho, was it 11 months out? i dunno for a boxer? can he blame that but imo he win it by 3-4 rounds. 

I think he should have been stopped when he was on the ropes Frampton did really well to hang on and come out swinging.

I don't know what caused the lack of stamina maybe Garcia just faught at a pace Frampton either didn't expect or hadn't trained for.

The important thing is he won in the end.

2 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I think he should have been stopped when he was on the ropes Frampton did really well to hang on and come out swinging.

I don't know what caused the lack of stamina maybe Garcia just faught at a pace Frampton either didn't expect or hadn't trained for.

dont think garcia had the know how to stop him, carls feet are his best asset and they where not there tonight for me. carl never usually gets put on the ropes like that, he would move out of it easy but one thing is for sure, Garcia was tough as nails.  could see him going to super featherweight with the weight issues. getting old getting harder to keep off.

7 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Frampton was no way near get stopped whilst he was on the ropes. Garcia never had him trouble. 

Frampton has always had stamina issues. 

21 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Frampton was no way near get stopped whilst he was on the ropes. Garcia never had him trouble. 

Frampton has always had stamina issues. 

I didn't say Frampton was in danger I said he should have been stopped and said if Garcia had a killer instinct he would have been.

5 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I didn't say Frampton was in danger I said he should have been stopped and said if Garcia had a killer instinct he would have been.

I still don't see it, he wasn't on the ropes long enough to be in real trouble in my opinion. Even if Garcia had a killer instinct. 

49 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

I still don't see it, he wasn't on the ropes long enough to be in real trouble in my opinion. Even if Garcia had a killer instinct. 

Twice Frampton was on the ropes and Garcia had four or five straight punches to the head unanswered. Frampton fought back at that point and did well to not go to sleep.

1 hour ago, maverick1200 said:

It wasnt the best frampton performance,  watching the first 3-4 rounds where he was using his feet and jab, some of his shots where mouth watering shots. i just think the second part of the fight was lazy from him, i gave him the first 4 rounds and 3 outa the last 6.  it was like he was going thro the motions  but the fight was entertaining and i think carl could have win every round if this guy was a world champion. Garcia done well but i think carl knew what to expect before the fight. 

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Maybe but I also feel Frampton was tired by that point because too get caught twice was careless if not outright stupidity.

he will not get away with this against a top level guy, the way he came out for the first 4 i thot it was going to be a stroll. he will need to sort himself out.

12 minutes ago, adamtricky said:

Just watching Frampton v Garcia now , usually someone posted it up on youtube and it stays around for a few days . Many viewers in the comments think Frampton  lost it.   

Na, there is noway he lost it, the guy put up a decent fight thats about it. frampton looking tired and making mistakes that he usually doesn't 

I also don't think Frampton lost it.

But I saw on twitter Stuart Dallas put up a dig about Frampton's knockdown (which was correct) and insinuated the referees were against him. :lol:

Yet again, some of the scorecards were ridiculous. Frampton wasn't at his best last night, far from it. 

12 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I also don't think Frampton lost it.

But I saw on twitter Stuart Dallas put up a dig about Frampton's knockdown (which was correct) and insinuated the referees were against him. :lol:

Yet again, some of the scorecards were ridiculous. Frampton wasn't at his best last night, far from it. 

Frampton was frampton in the first 4, then i dont know what he was at, made a meal out of it. if he boxes like he does usually! he wins the fight really easy. he made a right few mistakes last night. maybe over confident.