Who's our most underated and overated players?

andyspeake

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Underrated - Lafferty

Overrated - Can't really think of any players who don't receive as much if not more stick as praise. Davis isn't overrated but I have been slightly disappointed by his overall form this season. Was our most impressive player last season.

Overrated - McGregor

Not because i don't rate him but because so many people exaggerate how much he's worth and his 'pecking order' in the world of goalkeepers

Underrated - previously would've said Kevin Thomson, now Maurice Edu

Football's all about opinions but it shocks me that some people seem to not rate him whatsoever

Football's all about opinions but it shocks me that some people seem to not rate him whatsoever

I like Edu a lot (tu)

It's a shame he'll probably displace Ness though, rather than McCulloch.

Underated for me is Lafferty, the man shows alot of talent sometimes and for me, he has sorted out his act too, he gets up and walks away from tackles now.

Overated for me is Bougherra, this season anyway, has cost us alot of goals i feel and cant be running up the park all the time if hes isnt going to have an end product, his passing is also been off latly too

Overrated - McGregor

Not because i don't rate him but because so many people exaggerate how much he's worth and his 'pecking order' in the world of goalkeepers

That would be my picks too (tu)

Bougherra - especially on this seasons form is overrated IMHO - he has been looking a bit slack this season.

McCulloch is underrated by many on here for the work and leadership he has provided and the other one that strikes me is Laffferty as he is now coming onto form that may make him worth the fee we paid.

Also in the overrated catagory if Jelavic - we alll expect him to be brilliant but we have so little to go on at the moment and we all expect him just to come in and bang away at the goals - with Miller leaving I sure hope he does but he has been out a good while injured and goals may not flow that easily - ask Beattie

over rated imo davis not consistent enough one good game in three not good enough

under rated sasa never gets much recognition but is consistent.also broadfoot again imo we look stronger at the back with him in there than with anyone who has stood in while he has been out

ok shoot me down but as folks say its all about opinions

Bougherra - especially on this seasons form is overrated IMHO - he has been looking a bit slack this season.

McCulloch is underrated by many on here for the work and leadership he has provided and the other one that strikes me is Laffferty as he is now coming onto form that may make him worth the fee we paid.

Also in the overrated catagory if Jelavic - we alll expect him to be brilliant but we have so little to go on at the moment and we all expect him just to come in and bang away at the goals - with Miller leaving I sure hope he does but he has been out a good while injured and goals may not flow that easily - ask Beattie

Sasa Cool gets nowhere near enough credit. By far our most consistent player over the past few years but when he has a shit game, he really has a shit game! I think its because he doesnt get involved in anything he just does his job and goes home.

Cant think of anyone who gets credit that doesnt deserve it.

WATP

I don't think any of our players are overrated tbh. People's opinion's change all the time. The Allan McGregor is 'World Class' line many use, would maybe make me look towards him as being slightly overrated. The way people have been going on about Nikica Jelavic, you could probably put him in that bracket - it's like he is going to win us the league all on his own.

Underrated - I'm not his biggest of fans, but Sasa Papac.

Under rated- Lee McCulloch.

Over rated- Tough one. People value Bougherra way too high. Good enough defender, but his attacks often get us nowhere. Considering that's a big part of his game, it's something he needs to improve, as his passing isn't good enough at times.