"He's not Rangers class"

I agree, If we lose out on Goodwillie in this window, we will NEVER get him. He is that special striker we need to finish our attack. The boy Rooney is good, but I feel he has found his level. Goodwillie with the right players helping him (Naisy, Laff, Jelavic and experience of Beattie), the type of coaching from Coisty and McDowell would make him world class in a year or so. He could easily be the next top Scot. I posted the other night there of how this charge reeks of pape. Another set up of the Greegz proportions. More chance of HIM gettin raped in Armadale than the other way about?

I liked the look of fleck and jelavic the other night, with big laff wide. They are a wee bit short on match time, but i reckon naisy/fleck could be a great foil for the 2 big lads.

Another discussion from a big buddy of mine tonight how, Wee Davis is ALWAYS man of the match when played wide right with Whittaker behind him, and whittaker also plays a blinder??

GET GOODWILLIE NOW!!!!!!!!!

No club would touch goodwillie just now with this hanging over him though. He is look at 2 years in jail if found guilty! Why would we sign a player for 1m+ and 3 months later gets sent to jail?

Dont get me wrong,i would LOVE to see us sign him. But he has blew it in this window imo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re-KB

The reason he has achieved what he has(you forgot international goal-scorer)is he is dedicated(hired personal trainer),has self-belief,thick skin,gives 100% every game and above all really appreciates the opportunity we gave him.

If certain other players (past&present) showed similar attributes how much we could we/they have become.

(tu)

ps Would still pick SW ahead of him ;)

His attitude and commitment is about his only plus point.

Him and Foster are two of the worst full back's I've ever seen at Ibrox and no-one will ever convince me otherwise. I'm sorry (tu)

Guys like Rooney, Sammon, McGuire... are pish!

Colin Nish scored a number of goals one season at Hibs, the other at Killie - should we have gone for him, the same goes for Dundee United's Jon Daly, John Sutton... and other examples.

I don't use the saying 'not Rangers class' but some of the names that are getting mentioned are ridiculous: Conway, Sammon, Riordan, Rooney...

His attitude and commitment is about his only plus point.

Him and Foster are two of the worst full back's I've ever seen at Ibrox and no-one will ever convince me otherwise. I'm sorry (tu)

Never said he was a good player but simply pointed out just how far both his attitude and dedication have taken him.

(tu)

Colin Nish scored a number of goals one season at Hibs, the other at Killie - should we have gone for him, the same goes for Dundee United's Jon Daly, John Sutton... and other examples.

I don't use the saying 'not Rangers class' but some of the names that are getting mentioned are ridiculous: Conway, Sammon, Riordan, Rooney...

This (tu)

No club would touch goodwillie just now with this hanging over him though. He is look at 2 years in jail if found guilty! Why would we sign a player for 1m+ and 3 months later gets sent to jail?

Dont get me wrong,i would LOVE to see us sign him. But he has blew it in this window imo

Dont want to go on a rant, but this stinks of a set up. From top too bottom. What if he is innocent?? A young mans career ruined.

If he IS guilty and proven so, he will deserve his punishment.

What would have happened if Goodwillie had signed this month? We would have got the best striker, in my opinion, in Scotland to replace the leading goalscorer?? and for some, that just COULD NOT HAPPEN.

Stinks. Another waste of taxpayers money, wasnt Mrs Sheridan was it?? wouldnt surprise me, she needs the podger and the cash.

Dont want to go on a rant, but this stinks of a set up. From top too bottom. What if he is innocent?? A young mans career ruined.

If he IS guilty and proven so, he will deserve his punishment.

What would have happened if Goodwillie had signed this month? We would have got the best striker, in my opinion, in Scotland to replace the leading goalscorer?? and for some, that just COULD NOT HAPPEN.

Stinks. Another waste of taxpayers money, wasnt Mrs Sheridan was it?? wouldnt surprise me, she needs the podger and the cash.

It could be a set up mate and goodwillie could be innocent,but can we really afford to splash 1m+ on a player that could go to jail for 7 years in the next few months? (as another bear posted)

That answer is no at this moment in time,with the severe lack of funds available!

If he gets all charge's dropped then i would LOVE us to sign him as like you i think he is one of the hottest prospects in scottish football just now!

I agree, If we lose out on Goodwillie in this window, we will NEVER get him. He is that special striker we need to finish our attack. The boy Rooney is good, but I feel he has found his level. Goodwillie with the right players helping him (Naisy, Laff, Jelavic and experience of Beattie), the type of coaching from Coisty and McDowell would make him world class in a year or so. He could easily be the next top Scot. I posted the other night there of how this charge reeks of

pape. Another set up of the Greegz proportions. More chance of HIM gettin raped in Armadale than the other way about?

I liked the look of fleck and jelavic the other night, with big laff wide. They are a wee bit short on match time, but i reckon naisy/fleck could be a great foil for the 2 big lads.

Another discussion from a big buddy of mine tonight how, Wee Davis is ALWAYS man of the match when played wide right with Whittaker behind him, and whittaker also plays a blinder??

GET GOODWILLIE NOW!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha . You are seriously deluded if you honestly believe goodwillie could be world class in a couple of years . Hahaha that's a cracker !!

The guys got potential of that there's no doubt , but world class ???? ............................... NO !!

Is the guy a rapist ? Maybe , but for the moment it's a definate no .

Is the guy a knob ? 100% yes .

Regardless of what Goodwillie is being accused of, I'd still have him in the starting line up with Jelavic week in week out. If we don't get him it'll go down as a missed opportunity.

ffs mate get the auld tin hat on. Folk on here want shagger out the door because hes pumping burds WITH their consent, what hope has Goodwillie got? :dry:

Regardless of what Goodwillie is being accused of, I'd still have him in the starting line up with Jelavic week in week out. If we don't get him it'll go down as a missed opportunity.

Dear oh dear - have you gone completely mental?

If Goodwillie is deemed innocent then yes, but are you seriously suggesting we should go ahead and sign what could soon be a convicted rapist regardless?

"He's not Rangers class" just who is?

My take on this is quite simple - Rangers class is a player of sufficient quality to have been able to hold his own in any squad down the years.

Woods, Goram, Klos

Jardine, Butcher, Greig, Cuellar, Forsyth, Gary Stevens

A MacDonald, Souness, Baxter, Dave Smith, Gascoigne, Wilkins

W Henderson, Laudrup, Cooper, McCoist, Hateley, Davie Wilson, Derek Johnstone

It's a standard of player so far from guys like Broadfoot, Foster, and the rest of these honest triers as to be almost surreal.

Older bears might well remember (with horror) the last time we signed a forward from Inverness: Billy Urquhart. :anguish:

rangers class is any player good enough to get a game. right now its almost anyone.

So sad and true.

When we had the resources in the 90s we should've been setting up Youth networks on each continent, tapping into The American, African and Asian markets and having the cream of talent

Not only would it enhance reputation in these counties, it would add to our famous support and also mean we'd have fantastic players.

Even home based Murray park is streets ahead of anything close. We have the facilities and should be producing a Jamie Ness, Alan Hutton or Shagger 1/2 years.

if we get 400k for miller. Who do you suggest we go for that can almost guarantee you league goals

we cannot afford to buy anyone that needs games to settle in. If we replace miller then the guy has to hit the ground running.

My take on this is quite simple - Rangers class is a player of sufficient quality to have been able to hold his own in any squad down the years.

Woods, Goram, Klos

It's a standard of player so far from guys like Broadfoot, Foster, and the rest of these honest triers as to be almost surreal.

Older bears might well remember (with horror) the last time we signed a forward from Inverness: Billy Urquhart. :anguish:

Totally agree re- Rangers class and good to see Dave Smith included (tu) (

As for Billy Urquhart, did we not sign him after he scored 2 goals in a pre-season friendly, a lesson for some of the names i see us linked with today.

Woods, Goram, Klos

unfortunately players like that arent around these days, especially for the little money we have

so is it not a good idea to pick the best of the rest, the beggars won 3iar with that idea and made the last 16 twice on the bounce by cherry picking the best of the rest