Tim Matavz

His Wiki Just noticed somebody's edit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Matav%C5%BE

On 13 March 2009 Matavž scored his first goal in the Eredivisie in a 2–0 victory over Roda JC.[4] Soon he began scoring for Groningen on regular basis in all competitions. On 24 February 2010 Matavž extended his contract with club until 2012.[5] no surrender

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is rapid going by this showing.

Groningen's main man, their top goalscorer, contracted for a few years yet, club doing well in the Eredivise, clubs sniffing about him... I don't see this sort of player going out on loan, or on the cheap - unless Groningen are in financial trouble?

I just find it hard to believe that they would just let a striker -that they think is good enough to start up top against one of the best teams in the league - just leave on loan ...unless we have said we will pay such n such a fee in the summer for um

Groningen's main man, their top goalscorer, contracted for a few years yet, club doing well in the Eredivise, clubs sniffing about him... I don't see this sort of player going out on loan, or on the cheap - unless Groningen are in financial trouble?

It does seem bit too good to beleive, but fingers crossed that it might happen.

Perhaps whytes takeover has been completed and once we have this guy its gonni be announced at the end as an afterthought,..."its great to be able to welcome tim to this fine institution....aw and weve been taken over yaldi FTP" :sherlock:

Aye buba your 100% correct. Some dutch guys thought lets start a rumour Rangers want Matavz. Then the Gronigen cheif exec or whatever he is decided he too would join in the fun and say that us being in for him is affecting his mindset.

Its a huge conspiracy if you ask me

Apparently they're not.

Picked this up from one of their fans.......

23 Jan 2011 11:18:44

We are a fan site for Groningen FC and we know about the interest of Rangers for Slovenian striker Tim Matavz.

Matavz will only be sold and won't go out on loan to Rangers, as someone mentioned.

Someone said as he was linked to Newcastle and Juventus as well and that we're desperate to sell him, but this is not true at all. His contract runs to the summer of 2013, which means a buying club needs to pay serious money. We don't need to sell at the moment as Groningen FC is only one of the four or five clubs in the Dutch league that is healthy when the finances are concerned.

He is also been linked to other Italian clubs Palermo and Lazio Roma and Matavz himself has often said he wants to continue his career in Italy.

Lastly, someone said the Dutch newspapers are full with news covering this, but that is absolutely not true. There is very little news on him the past few days.

However, if you will sign him, you're getting a real striker. He's always looking to score goals, lethal in the box. It wouldn't be a bad choice to get him, though I hope you'll come back in summer and don't buy him in the winter window.

Hope this helps. Take care, FCG Online.

That went doon like a pork pie at a jews weddin. :anguish:

Guest therabbitt

The 'Scottish media' reporting it according to the Dutch. It's not their sources that are bringing the news, only reporting what is apparently happening over here - which is nothing.

Looks like a non-starter to be honest.

Looks like we actually have intrest, heres a quote from the Groningen Director.

Hans Nijland: "Het is onrustig rond Tim Matavz"; Glasgow Rangers lijkt concreet in beeld

translated

Hans Nijland: "It is restless around Tim Matavz"; Glasgow Rangers appears concretely in image

http://www.fcgonline.nl/index.php?op...hten&Itemid=62

Looks like we actually have intrest, heres a quote from the Groningen Director.

Hans Nijland: "Het is onrustig rond Tim Matavz"; Glasgow Rangers lijkt concreet in beeld

translated

Hans Nijland: "It is restless around Tim Matavz"; Glasgow Rangers appears concretely in image

http://www.fcgonline.nl/index.php?op...hten&Itemid=62

My Dutch aint that clever, have we offered some breezeblocks for him?

scored again today

I watched about 60 minutes of the game whilst the QPR games was on. Before that, only really seen him on ESPN now and again - a lot of the time highlight's and he looks a good player. Plenty pace, a nice touch, holds the ball up well, and obviously knmows where the goal is. He's not exactly big built, but he had no problem holding off Oneywu today.

There is a lad who plays just behind him, Dusan Tadic, and what a player he looks!