Europa League

skinnymate1690

walter wants to bring in a striker on loan but who knows whats gonna happen in the next 10 days

so there is a chance that we wont bring anyone in so who would you have as the lone striker out of who we have

naismith lafferty beattie and i would include weiss

naismith- would be my choice, is a good lone striker imo but can we sacrafice him from midfield

beattie- could he last the full game ?

lafferty - to inconsistant , but always gives 100%

weiss - not his natural position but played well just off the striker has pace can hold the ball up and is tricky

i would go naismith , if not then weiss

Someone tall presumably. To be able to get up in the air and win high balls against european defences is a must. Kenny Miller couldn't do this, and especially against Bursaspor :anguish:. Naismith would be a good choice but I think it will be the ulster gazelle.

What if we played a system which suited the players who were available, instead of shoe-horning them into unfamiliar areas?

Fuck! Now theres a novel idea, casey :craphead: Play a 5-3-2 and see how it goes...Or if we get REAL adventurous, have a crack at a 4-1-2-1-2.(my preferred choice)

Walter Smiths head would explode if he read this <cr>

I fucking bet it would, but I'd virtually guarantee we've more chance of progressing in the Europa with any of these two systems than playing with a single striker up front with the personnel we currently have eligible to play in Europe.

Unless he fancies his chances playing Beattie up front on his own. :sherlock: