Webster brought in?

nvager

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Webster played well v Killie and we got a very rare clean sheet.

I wouldn't move Bougherra to right back though.. Whittacker has improved the last few games apart from the obvious diving into tackes too early and getting skinned.

Webster over Weir laughable stuff it has to be said, Websters done nothing at Rangers yet.

yes which is because he has barely played 2 games in a row without being injured and when he is fit he is never selected due to walter being too stubborn and chosing old dave ahead of him!

yes which is because he has barely played 2 games in a row without being injured and when he is fit he is never selected due to walter being too stubborn and chosing old dave ahead of him!

All i can say is thank fuck Walter stubborn.

I've nothing against Webster but i really have to wonder why posters would prefer a player who picks up injuries quicker than You can say "Fenian fuck", over one of our best players.

All i can say is thank fuck Walter stubborn.

I've nothing against Webster but i really have to wonder why posters would prefer a player who picks up injuries quicker than You can say "Fenian fuck", over one of our best players.

because davie weir needs a rest now and then and he's getting on a bit, his pace isnt getting any better either!

maybe the odd time he could play webster

because davie weir needs a rest now and then and he's getting on a bit, his pace isnt getting any better either!

maybe the odd time he could play webster

I dont think he's struggled that much at all this age thing gets used against him to often, of course he makes mistakes as does every player.

I would not be against webster getting games.

Weir reads the game well - he has to - but he is so very slow. This means we defend rather deep and that does not help the team going forward. Webster has done fine when he has played and both boogie and Weir are not at their best just now. It might give them a reason to perk up their play.

struggles to lift his leg. what a load of pish.

As usual, you didn't even bother to read the post properly.

There have been examples in the last few games, Inverness and Hearts where Weir has won the ball, beaten a player took the ball for a run and looked up to kick it. He's been that shattered that he's hardly been able to get a backlift to kick the ball.

As usual, you didn't even bother to read the post properly.

There have been examples in the last few games, Inverness and Hearts where Weir has won the ball, beaten a player took the ball for a run and looked up to kick it. He's been that shattered that he's hardly been able to get a backlift to kick the ball.

Hows anyone going to take that seriously it nonsense.

Weir needs a rest, he's on his last legs and looks it. He struggles to lift his leg and kick the ball at times.

Weir should not be playing 3 games a week.

this is true, but at the same time if you drop Weir for a few games he will go downhill fast and lose match sharpness.

he'll play till the end of the season then retire completely from football IMO, none of this going to a lower division pish from him, when he's finished with Rangers he'll be finished full stop.

this is true, but at the same time if you drop Weir for a few games he will go downhill fast and lose match sharpness.

he'll play till the end of the season then retire completely from football IMO, none of this going to a lower division pish from him, when he's finished with Rangers he'll be finished full stop.

Coaching will be Weirs next move.

Hows anyone going to take that seriously it nonsense.

His legs are gone, he get's beaten for pace by the slowest of players and he can no longer blooter a ball up the park. The incidents I'm talking about are the one where Rooney picked the ball up ran at us, skipped Davis, heavy touch, Weir out muscled him, turned him, took the ball for a run and was that knackered that he struggled to kick the ball.

In the Hearts game, he skinned someone ran about 20 yards tried to kick the ball and didn't have the energy to. As soon as he had kicked the ball, Stevenson came sliding in and brought him down.

Look at the amount of times he tries to clear the ball and it fails to make the half-way line. The long balls he was playing up to Jelavic in the 2nd half were 5-10 yards short most of the time. Put him under pressure when he's trying to clear his lines and he just scoops the ball in the air - he struggles to put his foot through it.

Did Walter Smith not say at the start of last season that David Weir would not be able to play x amount of games a season?

Stevie Wonder could see that he is knackered, he needs a rest.

If we don't want to play Webster, then Papac can play in there - because a number of people told me the other week that he's played superb in that position, but that probably wont be the case now :rolleyes:

His legs are gone, he get's beaten for pace by the slowest of players and he can no longer blooter a ball up the park. The incidents I'm talking about are the one where Rooney picked the ball up ran at us, skipped Davis, heavy touch, Weir out muscled him, turned him, took the ball for a run and was that knackered that he struggled to kick the ball.

In the Hearts game, he skinned someone ran about 20 yards tried to kick the ball and didn't have the energy to. As soon as he had kicked the ball, Stevenson came sliding in and brought him down.

Look at the amount of times he tries to clear the ball and it fails to make the half-way line. The long balls he was playing up to Jelavic in the 2nd half were 5-10 yards short most of the time. Put him under pressure when he's trying to clear his lines and he just scoops the ball in the air - he struggles to put his foot through it.

Did Walter Smith not say at the start of last season that David Weir would not be able to play x amount of games a season?

If we don't want to play Webster, then Papac can play in there - because a number of people told me the other week that he's played superb in that position, but that probably wont be the case now :rolleyes:

You dont want Papac in the middle as he has had a serious head problem after a car crash years ago and then more recently concussion after the Hibs game. He even said shortly after the Hibs game he considered retiring as he was getting headaches again. He does not relish heading a ball now and that is not a good thing for a CH.

dear god

dear god

That's fair enough, that's my opinion.

The defence this season is rubbish, and Weir is part of the reason. I think he look's tired and in need of a rest. The manager obviously doesn't and it's down to him.

Shades of 1997-98.