Hermann Hreidarsson

pipedown27ready

Smith is also braced for an offer from Arsenal for defender Madjid Bougherra after Arsenal scouts watched their game against Hearts at the weekend.

Arsene Wenger is considering various options and has admitted admiration for the 28-year-old Algerian.

So it wasn't McGregor they were watching ;):sherlock:

FFS is the cunt no pushing 38 or something now <cr> i know weir is old but hes a freak. Everytime we are linked with a player of this calibur i die a little inside :anguish:

Id have taken him when we were first linked with him... would I take him now, even as defensive cover on what is highly likely to be high wages, if we still had Webster, Bougherra, Weir, Papac, Mcculloch and then Perry for cover? No

Not the player he was, even two and a bit years ago when we were linked with him. He can't get a game for Portsmouth.

I know it's probably not true, but we don't need cover. We need one or two players who are going to come into the first-team.

Apparently according to some French media sources a fee of £5million will be enough for Bougherra.

Supervisors to follow Bougherra, so this shows that the case is serious. The English press has even announced plans to send the offer to Arsenal Rangers: 5 million pounds sterling, or nearly 6 million at current price. A very respectable sum for a defender. However, the question that arises is: Rangers agree Bougherra they release their best player, then they just sell their top scorer, Kenny Miller, Burgaspor? Being still involved in four competitions (the championship, Scottish Cup, League Cup and the Europa League), the Scottish club needs the services Bougherra and he does not will sell easily. The Algerian player who always claimed (it was repeated again three days ago in a Scottish newspaper) that his goal is to regain the Premier League in an ambitious club, can not remain indifferent to such a challenge. On whether the Rangers will think the same ...

Lire la suite: http://www.lebuteur.com/en/actualites/wenger-veut-bougherra-a-arsenal#ixzz1Bzwz3j8h

http://www.lebuteur.com/en/actualites/wenger-veut-bougherra-a-arsenal

Maybe better changing the thread title to Bougherra linked with a move to Arsenal, this link is going to do the rounds tomorrow.