Kris Common

Of course, saying anything like this before it's official is always a punt. I'm not bothered, to be honest, I'd have expected to come on here tonight and have read more of a slagging. I just provided the best information that I could at the time from a source that I trusted. Nothing more nothing less, I layed it out as I seen it and said at the end of the article exactly what it was. For what it's worth, and I know I don't have much of a leg to stand on now that I've effectively quashed my own story - I texted Kev earlier - I believe that I was right at the time of publishing, perhaps give an hour or so for information dripping through people.

It's hard for me to ever be able to say that I was right at the time and I'll take the heat for doing so. My neck was on the line anyway.

Ach well.

thats what happens as i say no point people getting pissy about it.

you said what you believed and why. people then make up there own mind.

I would just call that evening, early evening more half four, five o'clock ish :sherlock:

i see evening officially starting at 5 oclock. 12 noon till 5 is afternoon time :sherlock:

I wouldn't get your hopes up, I doubt we will get anyone worthwhile, if we do get anyone?

The 'we tried but just could not get the right quality in' line will no doubt be used. Once again downsizing and going into the most important part of the season with an even weaker team/squad.

Why the fcuk do we take so fcuking long to sort out deals, or identify players.

tbf this one came out the blue slightly...rumours for a couple of days then bang negotiating and then later on the same day supposedly all done and dusted apart from that damn signature :(

tbf this one came out the blue slightly...rumours for a couple of days then bang negotiating and then later on the same day supposedly all done and dusted apart from that damn signature :(

So it's not done...

Lets close our eyes till the 1st of February and see what the clubs managed to do.

They'll have installed a ramp for Davie Weir and turned the calendar to February.

That'll be about it.

Guest therabbitt

For what it's worth. Danny Wilson rumour is a load of tosh, but Celtic are interested in another Liverpool defender. They tried to sign a defender from La Liga and failed. We have shelved Goodwillie plans due to his pending court case.

For what it's worth. Danny Wilson rumour is a load of tosh, but Celtic are interested in another Liverpool defender. They tried to sign a defender from La Liga and failed. We have shelved Goodwillie plans due to his pending court case.

well you have your hands in all sorts of source pies dont ye :craphead:

It's the usual pish, linked to every tom, dick and harry and we always end up signing nobody. We'll probably sell McGregor on the final day of the transfer window and then say "aw there wasn't enough time for us to utilise the sale of the player in order to enhance our squad".

Same old, same old.

How about we start playing Wylde on the left more often this season?

The Heralds sport page said that Rangers were in talks to sign him but that Celtic were also trying to sign him on a pre-contract.

It could be that Common's agent is playing games by saying he's had another offer, if it is the Tims then they must be very confident about next season and the wages they can pay. If they lose the title race they may have to reconsider.

No matter what, it's always a gamble signing new players, how many times do we sign players who don't make their mark? so what if we don't get Commons, who cares, he's not Wayne Rooney.

Big Soti :pipe: Im taking it its Skrtel since hes been horrendous this season? The defender from LaLiga, the one they tried to get all last season can mind his name?

Guest therabbitt

well you have your hands in all sorts of source pies dont ye :craphead:

Just thought that if I was hanging myself anyway that I might as well go whole hog.

We'll be back in the morning with an improved offer, we simply have to, it's too late in the day to look elsewhere.

The Agent's playing an absolute blinder. He's upped the ante at the eleventh hour, when, by all accounts, Rangers and the player himself looked like reaching agreement.

The Agent claims another team are willing to offer more but states that Commons' preferred choice is Rangers and that we must match, or come close to matching, the rival bid.

We're still very much in the driving seat but as things stand we have to improve what's currently on the table.

Is he worth going the extra mile for? In my opinion he is, and to lose out at this stage would be a really hard one to take.

Do I still believe Kris Commons will sign for Rangers? Yes, absolutely.

I've set myself up for a massive fall here should this go tits up and if that's the case then I'll be happy to take all the flak coming my way.

Just thought that if I was hanging myself anyway that I might as well go whole hog.

dnt mean to start talkin bout septic but dont see who they could get from liverpool apart from the spanish boy ayala or martin kelly....kelly is good but hes in the first team now and ayala is gash.