Kris Common

jela naisy david and weiss will all be earnign 20k a week elsewhere within 2 years.

tell me i am wrong.

Maybe but with the exception of Weiss we WILL Make profits on them and that is the way Rangers are best to operate from now on!

PS FTP :sherlock:

jela naisy david and weiss will all be earnign 20k a week elsewhere within 2 years.

tell me i am wrong.

Weiss is on loan so you can hardly say we are losing him due to wage demands.

Jelavic, i don't doubt will move on but we will make money on him.

Naimsith just signed a 5 year extension was it? If he moves on in the next two years we will make good money on him as well. I don't see him going anywhere though.

Davis is another who I think will be here long term.

So I wouldn't say you were completely wrong, just very negative.

Also, do alot of folk on here reckon the scum have a better team than us?

At the beginning he was a good signing for us, he'd improve our starting 11. Now we've found out he's a bawbag, he's suddenly going to 'rot on the bench' for them.

I think personally he'll walk into their starting 11 and be a decent addition for them and chip in with a few goals. That's why I'm disappointed.

Weiss is on loan so you can hardly say we are losing him due to wage demands.

Jelavic, i don't doubt will move on but we will make money on him.

Naimsith just signed a 5 year extension was it? If he moves on in the next two years we will make good money on him as well. I don't see him going anywhere though.

Davis is another who I think will be here long term.

So I wouldn't say you were completely wrong, just very negative.

we lack the ambition and financial clout to attract commons. these players will have ambitions as well. noone seems to be asking how celtc can pay wages 50% higher than ours and still not be in debt. everyone is just accepting this is our lot and blaming the player. or kidding on celtc will be in huge debt next time there figuers come out like they have been saying for 3 or more years.

first good offer for those four players and we will be paying them to leave. well not weiss we just wont be able to attract him.

we dont have the people running the club we deserve.

and sure i am negative but blind optimism isnt my thing. i am positive about our leage chances, i think ness is a fantastic prospect but this side of things will affect both of those. why get invested in ness next summer hes probably just going to be another danny wilson. long gone with everyne pretending we got a great fee and he wasnt that good anyway.

we lack the ambition and financial clout to attract commons. these players will have ambitions as well. noone seems to be asking how celtc can pay wages 50% higher than ours and still not be in debt. everyone is just accepting this is our lot and blaming the player. or kidding on celtc will be in huge debt next time there figuers come out like they have been saying for 3 or more years.

first good offer for those four players and we will be paying them to leave. well not weiss we just wont be able to attract him.

we dont have the people running the club we deserve.

and sure i am negative but blind optimism isnt my thing. i am positive about our leage chances, i think ness is a fantastic prospect but this side of things will affect both of those. why get invested in ness next summer hes probably just going to be another danny wilson. long gone with everyne pretending we got a great fee and he wasnt that good anyway.

This quote that people like you love "we lack ambition" can you explain that to me please. You are saying The Rangers lack ambition?

Are you also suggesting that our financial state is a myth? Or just being exaggerated?

£5m for Danny Wilson was a great fee. I don't think anyone could argue he wasn't that good when he clearly is.

The other thing "we don't have people running the club we deserve" Who do you want in charge? I assume someone willing to throw money at players with no regards to our current financial state?

Would that prove we have ambition?

Haven't really commented on the whole Commons situation thus far as I'm never confident any time we're linked with a player.

But I just really don't understand why our manager once again made this public knowledge. Its exactly the same as the Eagles saga last summer, we must have known right at the start that what we could afford to offer was well short of what the player was looking for, so why even pursue him?

And on top of this it seems to be quite clear now that our wage cap is around the 14 grand mark, so players and agents may just refuse to deal with us at all knowing this in advance.

i know commons is better than wylde.

at very least.

I have to say you are the only poster on this board that I think could really be a lurker...

Sometimes your opinions defy logic...

You pick up on semantics... and twist posts to suit your gain...

Wylde, Fleck, Naismith and Weiss have all shown that if given a run in the team they would provide something better than an overweight, overpaid and underachieving Championship player...

Now... Jog on...

Also, do alot of folk on here reckon the scum have a better team than us?

At the beginning he was a good signing for us, he'd improve our starting 11. Now we've found out he's a bawbag, he's suddenly going to 'rot on the bench' for them.

I think personally he'll walk into their starting 11 and be a decent addition for them and chip in with a few goals. That's why I'm disappointed.

i agree m8 we all wanted him signed he is a good player that would have done a good job for us but as per money talks, Commons will do a good job were ever he goes even at the tattie dome, Lets just hope we get a couple of players in before the window shuts

This quote that people like you love "we lack ambition" can you explain that to me please. You are saying The Rangers lack ambition?

we have almost noone on a long term contract we are just living from hand to mouth. the way teams like aberdeen and motherwell do. even ness is on a 2 year deal. walter aid it they only think of the short term.

Are you also suggesting that our financial state is a myth? Or just being exaggerated?

no it is what it is but celtc take in huge sums more than us and can have a wage bill 30-50% higher. what i suggest is our financial state is worsse than it has to be. just look at this deal we are fucked and still offer 200k more than them. thats pretty damn incompetant. and would have equated to 2k more to offer the player

£5m for Danny Wilson was a great fee. I don't think anyone could argue he wasn't that good when he clearly is. well i disagree but regardless of that as i am always told when i say we took more money in than spent in the summer we only got 2 million for wilson maybe 3 more. i have seen people suggest he wasnt very good anyway trust me

The other thing "we don't have people running the club we deserve" Who do you want in charge? I assume someone willing to throw money at players with no regards to our current financial state?

i want people running the club who dont offer 35% more for players than the selling club will accept. i want people who maximise revenue instead of just cutting costs. celtc have had no cl for 2 years we have had hige revenues from it and stil the can outmuscle us financially and have no debt to speak of. ever wonder why?

Would that prove we have ambition?

can you provide me any evidence outwith the players and management that we have ambition.

I have to say you are the only poster on this board that I think could really be a lurker...

Sometimes your opinions defy logic...

You pick up on semantics... and twist posts to suit your gain...

Wylde, Fleck, Naismith and Weiss have all shown that if given a run in the team they would provide something better than an overweight, overpaid and underachieving Championship player...

Now... Jog on...

wylde has shown nothing as yet. litterally nothing.

fleck hasnt shown much really certainly nothing to suggest he could command a first team place long term yet.

naismiths been off the boil for months but is a better player than commons.

weiss probably will be better long term but right now i have my doubts.

oh and i think you are a lurker.

why is this thread still open as we are not in for him anymore and by all accounts hes gonni be a scum player <cr>

It's because deep down, we are masochists at heart mate! doh...Fuck! you would think it was Tim Cahill or Scott Parker we were trying to get, instead of some dude from Derby County.

I'll be mighty surprised if we get anybody in.

can you provide me any evidence outwith the players and management that we have ambition.

Our ambition is what got us into this state in the first place.

I wasn't complaining at the time, paying big wages and signing big names players was great. If we knew what was round the corner I think we would have been a little less lavish.

Celtic spending money like it is going out of fashion and having God know's how many players will bite them on the arse sooner or later. Just like it did to us.

Unfortunately for the time being we have to sit tight and accept things are tough instead of throwing the toys out the pram anytime a deal collapses due to a player wanting more money than we are willing to offer.

I don't see things improving anytime soon either. Until/if ever a takeover happens, I would think that would be the only time things would get better. Even at that I think a lot of fans expect us to start throwing cash about again and I seriously doubt we will ever be in that position again.

Not in the SPL anyway.

fleck hasnt shown much really certainly nothing to suggest he could command a first team place long term yet.

:lol:

Naismith and Weiss are both better players

Wylde and Fleck may not be "better" yet however have shown that if given the chance they could be top players!

*faints*

Our ambition is what got us into this state in the first place.

I wasn't complaining at the time, paying big wages and signing big names players was great. If we knew what was round the corner I think we would have been a little less lavish.

Celtic spending money like it is going out of fashion and having God know's how many players will bite them on the arse sooner or later. Just like it did to us.

Unfortunately for the time being we have to sit tight and accept things are tough instead of throwing the toys out the pram anytime a deal collapses due to a player wanting more money than we are willing to offer.

I don't see things improving anytime soon either. Until/if ever a takeover happens, I would think that would be the only time things would get better. Even at that I think a lot of fans expect us to start throwing cash about again and I seriously doubt we will ever be in that position again.

Not in the SPL anyway.

sorry but i wont blandly accept us being run this poorly even if it means being called a negative whatever. thats water of a ducks back.

over ambition got us in trouble but ambition isnt a bad thin and we should have some.

people keep compaing offering miller a 3 year deal or novo a 2 year deal to the deals for fandan rodriguez barnard etc. but its not the same thing the risk is vastly different.

commons has always chased the cash this deal isnt the big issue though its a symptom of the malaise at the top level of our club. we are run by a bank who dont care if we win the league or not. i am not going to just accept that and i wont appologise for not doing so.

your prediction of celtics financial demise is just something people have been saying for years now. but there is no evidence for it. they have a board of experts in there fields who care deeply and who run there club properly.

we have 2 bankers, a former player a tax dodger who is in sa, a golf agent in america, a male model and a couple of others.

thats what people need to start accepting.

the real truth is untill these issues stop us winning things and that may be a fair bit off yet then i am pishing into the wind but thats ok. i dont mind.

people who dont like it can stick me on ignore or just not engage me i would fully understand. noone wants to hear bad news.