Kris Common

Well, I will certainly read a little more. I have spent time away from here of late. I think, our youth in the main is better than we think, at least in part. And, given the standard we play against week in week out, certainly shouldnt be any worse than that. I think there are some first teamers getting played for the sake of it. A club like Rangers has no excuse for fielding a 40 year old guy, its not ageist, is just how I feel. We, as a team, are desperately short of pace, and, thats something older guys just dont have, and, young lads do! as a rule.

Fleck, for me, is suffering from not playing in his best role, which is just off a striker I think, and, was hyped beyond belief, to the point where he will never ever live up to it, but, he has something to offer. Little.. dunno? looks "ok", and, at times looks good, but, he does seem to get into his national squads. Loy seems to have been about forever, I think we need to cut him loose as, he would have had game time by now if he was good enough... i think.

Ness, Hutton, McMillan, Cole, Wylde all look potentially good to very good, and, I would add Fleck in there as well. Inconsistant is something you have to live with from younger players, but, they learn! Am fed up watching the same consistantly poor performances that we get now. Something needs to change, and, youth is there for a reason, its also not letting us down half as much as the regulars are.

I wont debate my current state of sanity, I think its hit or miss at the moment. Plus, as for Commons, I know next to nothing about him, have seen him play a bit for Scotland, and, was underwhelmed to be honest. Then again, most players look shite playing for Scotland. Then again, are we speaking about Fleck v Commons for left wing, or, off the striker? The former? Fleck is gash there, so, no argument, the latter, not sure? isnt Commons a winger? Then there is space for both ;)

Just about spot on.

No big deal. If Commons is only in it for the money then fcuk him. It's Commons, not Juan Mata FFS.

We move on, and must get players in!

This.

If he refused to sign yesterday cos THEY were now interested, Walter should justa told him tae forget it and GTF.

As you say, move on.

Took a break from this thread for an hour or so hoping to come back in and see something concrete either way .

Sadly it seems nothing has changed , and even more sadly , that's just what I expected .

The way we are going about our business these days is becoming increasingly disheartening . If commons wants to much coin , walk away from the deal and focus on someone else . We are fast running out of time in this window .

In response to some of the posts regarding our youths , I believe we have a handful of young guys all capable of having an impact on the first team . But we know walter is less than keen to give them any sort of regular game time ( excluding ness ) .

I don't think we are in the position to be playing to many of these guys too often due to the importance of winning the league , but when players under perform I see no reason why they shouldn't be given a chance .

On a sidenote , perhaps the wages used for common could be put towards new contracts for some of our more important players .

we dumped him. it was mutual :)

this and other storys could swing wildly on tonights results :)

could be interesting.

say what ? you heard something else <cr> ?

whats that 5 days untill deadline day or 4, since the sfa offices arn't open on sundays. :rolleyes:

transfer window will be open till monday at 5 i would imagine.

Do you honestly think John Fleck is the type to "bleed for the cause"?

Give over.

john ur always on wee mans case, is it cos hes a yoker boy ? :P nah in all seriousness u couldnt find anyone more suitable than wee man to bleed for the cause knowing him and his dad theyve both gave up alot for him to play for rangers and turned down ALOT better opertunities/pay etc ....

agree with obv wouldnt prefer him over common's but if we cant afford to pay for players then only option is to give these boys a chance and get off theyre backs

john ur always on wee mans case, is it cos hes a yoker boy ? :P nah in all seriousness u couldnt find anyone more suitable than wee man to bleed for the cause knowing him and his dad theyve both gave up alot for him to play for rangers and turned down ALOT better opertunities/pay etc ....

agree with obv wouldnt prefer him over common's but if we cant afford to pay for players then only option is to give these boys a chance and get off theyre backs

lol nah mate, I know you grew up with him, but I can only judge what I've seen of him so far. He has time on his side and needs a run in his proper position but also needs to do more when deployed in other roles. He doesn't strike me as the type to bleed for the cause, not saying Commons would either tho.

It's not a case of being on his back either. He simply needs to show more to prove his reputation.

So let me get this straight. If Commons signs for somone else, does that mean he can't play in the Europa knockout stage for us? Even though Derby County were knocked out of the F.A cup in the 3rd round? ;~)

Away ye go ya taigy fuck go breed wae yer sister once yer da's finished pumpin her in her arse

sorry i mean peoples views on it. if we loose tonight things will get worse. win and all will be forgiven.

if we lose tonight there will be a timplosion on here, there will be numerous throw in the towel threads, the bottom line is win our way out of trouble, easy too say but true

if we lose tonight there will be a timplosion on here, there will be numerous throw in the towel threads, the bottom line is win our way out of trouble, easy too say but true

If we lose tonight then we may aswel throw in the towel.... Hibs are shambles.... However I'm very confident we will destroy them