• Yes... it's dire
    • No... we are playing good football
    • Who cares how bad we are as long as we win

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ask a Man City fan whether or not they enjoy watching the most expensively assembled team in the history of football playing two defensive midfielders, one up front and scraping 1-1 draws with Notts County.

We can play like Blackpool and lose a dozen matches per season or we can win titles. I know what I prefer.

your post doesnt make sense read it back and you'll see

im sure man city fans will be fucking fuming at that scoreline, but then again you have to ask why mancini picked they players and that formation, and if the players arent good enough you then question mancini's purchasing of they players

so surely we could do the same, smith bought 10 of that starting 11 today, he chose the formation and the style of play, so why then does the bank get most of the criticism in terms of us having no money to buy players etc

as for the blackpool comparison, im sorry that doesnt work, blackpool dont have the best squad in england, whereas we probably have the best squad in scotland

its just our manager doesnt use the players correctly

look at the blackpool v man united game, if blackpool were just that little bit better they would have held that lead or even increased it before man united started playing

whereas other teams do what we done against man united and shut up shop PRAYING that man u have an off night

It has been poor for a long, long time but obviously it is not the wise old sage of Scottish footballs fault. There is a huge lack of technique, pace, ambition and invention.

Football is for me like many others a leisure activity, something to be enjoyed and a chance to forget work, etc for 90mins. I look forward to the games at the weekend all week. If there is a midweek game I look forward to getting finished up and work and going to watch it. Sadly I have not enjoyed matches or been entertained many times in the last few years.

There are those who will shout about "no surrender" and "support the team through thick and thin" and I understand this, when I was younger I used to think the same. However as you get older time is precious, it becomes harder to travel to games and sit freezing for 90mins when the football is so dire. Obviously I'm not going to stop being a Rangers man because they don't play entertaining football but it would be nice to go and be entertained for a change and come away with a smile on your face having really enjoyed a match.

I suppose winning is everything but as I say when you grow up time is precious and suddenly 3 points doesn't always seem quite enough for spending time and money on travelling to watch the team.

The man responsible for this is Walter Smith the man who plays the media and fans by lowering expectations and continually talking about a lack of resources? Lack of resources? Are Davis, Bougherra, Edu, Jelavic, Beattie, Weiss playing for free? Did we not just bring in yet another forward in Healy? Would most teams in our league not kill for youngsters like Ness and Wylde?

In relative terms we have a good enough wage budget to put together an exciting team who can pass and move and play attacking football.

Lack of resources is a convenient excuse for the dinosaur with one of the worst managerial records in UCL history.

We need to start games with a more attacking mentality IMO. We peg ourselves back by holding a very deep line.

Something is lacking, a player who is just that wee bit special in midfield. We run out of ideas often in that area.

We have all seen a DW through ball/hump up the pitch

You can play great football and win matches. In fact if you play great football you usually win more matches.

I think this Rangers team today needed a great bick kick up the ass. The players played this game at a very slow pace and some did not look too interested. some are struggling for form.

Our midfield is static and just play balls across and back the way half the time. We have no wingers unless Weiss is on form that day and he is so inconsistent. Wylde is a direct winger but WS never plays him. Why? Naismith, Lafferty, Davis, Fleck et all are not wingers.

Two pieces of magic got us two goals. Edu's strike and Jelavic's run and cross to Naismith. Nothing the rest of the game that I remember.

Surely we deserve better?

I'm not criticising anyone when I say this, especially Walter

I think our problem is... Lack of competition for a starting place

All the mainstays know they are guaranteed to play next wk no matter what

Sadly there's not much that can be done about this, for now anyway

You can play great football and win matches. In fact if you play great football you usually win more matches.

I think this Rangers team today needed a great bick kick up the ass. The players played this game at a very slow pace and some did not look too interested. some are struggling for form.

Our midfield is static and just play balls across and back the way half the time. We have no wingers unless Weiss is on form that day and he is so inconsistent. Wylde is a direct winger but WS never plays him. Why? Naismith, Lafferty, Davis, Fleck et all are not wingers.

Two pieces of magic got us two goals. Edu's strike and Jelavic's run and cross to Naismith. Nothing the rest of the game that I remember.

Good post Nvager

(tu)

Half the time the team struggle to pass the ball then others they ping it around all afternoon with out any problems. This long ball punt is never gonna work unless we have a Shaquille O'Neill figure upfront.

Its the fact that our Midfield are getting bossed by a bunch of nobodies. I personally think we badly missed Ness today

Before I start I've mostly defended Smith's tactics in the past because they do get results, but recently I've had enough (for the SPL, I agree with Europe). It's a different matter if your squad is built up of players which aren't capable of playing decent football, but in our case we have the strongest first 11 in the league!

I'm not expecting Arsenal-esque displays of sexy football.

All I'm asking for is a 4-4-2 formation, with two wide men pinning their full-backs back. Football being played on the GROUND as it should be, quick one-two's, mixing up the play a bit instead of square-ball, square-ball, hoof up the park.

Put pressure on the man in possession, stretch the opposition out with a bit more imagination on our runs, crosses which get past the first man, don't go straight to the keeper or go out the park.

Sound like a lot? It's not. Mediocre teams in the SPL do the above on a regular basis, so we certainly can... and more. And yes, our tactics do win matches, so you may say it should be the way to go. But why not couple the winning ability with better tactics? Our players have the tools to achieve it, and if anything it will make our lives easier in terms of grinding out results because we won't be under as much pressure defensively.

I agree we are playing some rubbish theses days, but there are times when for what ever reason it all clicks and we play great flowing football.

The blame game will get us nowhere, its Walter, its the players, its the tactics. In days not so very long ago we had Laudrup, Gazza, Deboer players who just by being on the park intimidated other teams, those however are the days that put us in the financial turmoil we are in today because the only reason they came to us was money pure and simple. Football is their job just the same as ours and they are out to make as much money as possible in the short careers they have, who can blame them. We as fans would play for nothing, play for the shirt but thats only dreams.

The real problem with us and every other team in the SPL is lack of money,lack of vision by the SFA etc. Until scottish football gets money behind it from business, television or whatever, we can't afford the characters the special players who get the fans on their feet every time they get the ball. They're the ones who bring back the fans bring back life to our game. But as long as the EPL pays the obscene amounts of money for and to mediocre players never mind the stars we will never compete for their signatures. Because the drift of all the best scottish players to England will continue.

your post doesnt make sense read it back and you'll see

im sure man city fans will be fucking fuming at that scoreline, but then again you have to ask why mancini picked they players and that formation, and if the players arent good enough you then question mancini's purchasing of they players

so surely we could do the same, smith bought 10 of that starting 11 today, he chose the formation and the style of play, so why then does the bank get most of the criticism in terms of us having no money to buy players etc

as for the blackpool comparison, im sorry that doesnt work, blackpool dont have the best squad in england, whereas we probably have the best squad in scotland

its just our manager doesnt use the players correctly

look at the blackpool v man united game, if blackpool were just that little bit better they would have held that lead or even increased it before man united started playing

whereas other teams do what we done against man united and shut up shop PRAYING that man u have an off night

It makes perfect sense. Teams that want to win things have to be more cautious. Man City take it to ridiculous extremes - they have top players, we don't. We don't have a good enough squad to play the kind of attractive football that people like you consider more important than the pragmatism that puts silver in our trophy cabinet.

Another opportunity for the hypocrites to slate Walter.

It's not being a hypocrite. The football we play is shite. The tactics and formations are shite. The subs are never used at the right time. This is all down To one man. I for one am grateful for the good times and the memories Walter has given us, but that doesn't mean any of what I have said isn't true.

If you get off on that kind of football fair do's. Some of us expect more for the money we pay every season. I agree 3 points is first and foremost, but we're struggling to do even that.

A paper-thin squad, a few wasters in there, old players who can't follow the pace anymore,...

It's bound to happen, we do not have the means to improve the squad.

And because of that the style of football doesn't interest me, as long as we get results.

Have you ever watched Barcelona?

you noticed the pressing barcelona do when the oppsition have the ball, right at them trying to get the ball back off the opposition at the earlest possible moment, we've dont that twice this season, killie and the first half of the hearts game.

every other game we back off to we get 30 yards from our goal.

i dont think it would be as bad if we had so many players out of position. i prefer davis in the middle whittaker in a more advanced role i would like a natural left back and ness should never have been droped plus mcCullouch in the stand

It's not as if this is a new position to them,they have been playing there for a few year, they should be used to it.

Teams that want to win things have to be more cautious.

utter pish

spurs finally broke into the top 4 in england by ditching their cautious shite

celtic have improved massively this season and of late by just continually attacking the opposition so their weak defence doesnt get tested

teams that want to win things have to actually attack the opposition, our second half performance against hibs on wed night was a fucking embarrassment to the name of the club, 2-0 up against the worst team in the SPL and we shut up shop and ground out the win, fucking do one rangers and go rattle the bastards

the frightening thing is that we have the players capable of tearing teams apart, we dont have a management team capable of utilising these players

if i remember correctly we had about 4 shots on goal today against motherwell, and only 2 on target, a disgraceful stat that cannot be passed off as a one off due to it reoccurrence in nearly every fucking game this season

i am tired of watching rangers and praying for the final whistle because the opposition are all over us, i am tired off diddy teams in scotland thinking, no scratch that, EXPECTING something from their games against us

We are the fucking champions and the greatest and biggest team in scotland, opposition players should fear playing us and opposing managers should be talking about how getting beat 4-0 is a kind result for them

instead we have teams playing 4-3-3 against us, and that is purely down to one person and one person only

Sorry but Smith takes the blame for the way we are playing right now, no one else.

Our last cup game we tore killie apart, Ally was in charge then, today was smiths game and it was back to the tiresome shite of late

utter pish

spurs finally broke into the top 4 in england by ditching their cautious shite

celtic have improved massively this season and of late by just continually attacking the opposition so their weak defence doesnt get tested

teams that want to win things have to actually attack the opposition, our second half performance against hibs on wed night was a fucking embarrassment to the name of the club, 2-0 up against the worst team in the SPL and we shut up shop and ground out the win, fucking do one rangers and go rattle the bastards

the frightening thing is that we have the players capable of tearing teams apart, we dont have a management team capable of utilising these players

if i remember correctly we had about 4 shots on goal today against motherwell, and only 2 on target, a disgraceful stat that cannot be passed off as a one off due to it reoccurrence in nearly every fucking game this season

i am tired of watching rangers and praying for the final whistle because the opposition are all over us, i am tired off diddy teams in scotland thinking, no scratch that, EXPECTING something from their games against us

We are the fucking champions and the greatest and biggest team in scotland, opposition players should fear playing us and opposing managers should be talking about how getting beat 4-0 is a kind result for them

instead we have teams playing 4-3-3 against us, and that is purely down to one person and one person only

Sorry but Smith takes the blame for the way we are playing right now, no one else.

Our last cup game we tore killie apart, Ally was in charge then, today was smiths game and it was back to the tiresome shite of late

I thought McCoist picked all the cup teams?