Remember how everyone called Charlie Adam shit?

Canadaready

Charlie Adam  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Were we nuts?

• Yes, we were nuts to think he was shite
    • No, English Football is just insane

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a clueless dickhead would not rate Charlie as a special footballer. A class act with a wand of a left peg, wasted at Rangers in a defensive set up. Ran a mock in the Championship, running a mock in the Premiership and now on the verge of moving to Britains second most successful club. Amazing.

Well done Charlie, good luck

:praise:

Only a clueless dickhead would not rate Charlie as a special footballer. A class act with a wand of a left peg, wasted at Rangers in a defensive set up. Ran a mock in the Championship, running a mock in the Premiership and now on the verge of moving to Britains second most successful club. Amazing.

agree mate (tu)

I'm quite content to acknowledge that I was relatively happy to see Charlie Adam leave Rangers. 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing!

When he was with us he was overweight, slow and ponderous and rarely put in a good performance - although I admit there were some special moments!

I'm genuinely delighted that he's made a name for himself in the EPL and I hope he goes on to bigger and better things - but lets not kid ourselves the EPL has GONE QUITE MAD and the money being exchanged for average players is ludicrous!

To be fair mate this has been done to death now.

The guy had raw talent. Only somebody who's eyes were painted on would fail to see that. His goal against Stuttgart, his free kick against Celtic, his goal from near the half way line against dundee Utd were all examples of this. However my most prominent memory of him was the game up at Inverness that we won one nil with a JCD goal at the death. Most people on here were slating his performance, but I thought he was our best player. He wanted to get on the ball and he was trying to make things happen right until the death. He showed that day that he could have been the man for us, but some people had already made up their minds.

However, by the time he left he wasn't applying himself properly and it was affecting his performances in a negative way. The fact that only Blackpool came in for him when we were desperate to get rid is surely the best example of that.

Does Smith deserve a bit of the blame for not giving him a run in his preffered position? Absolutley.

Did anybody think he would go on to become the player that he has? Absolutely not.

Adam is very much the one that got away. Much like Ferguson would have been had Advocaat not come in, recognised his talents and built a team based on finese and technique rather than organisation and hard work.

I think that is your best post to date.

FFs whats happening to me :D