Whyte deal imminent as MIH & Lloyds accept HMRC responsibility

33ll6dz.jpg

It seems that one of the main sticking points of any potential takeover by Craig Whyte may have been resolved in the past few days. The Daily Records Gary Ralston is reporting that the responsibility for the impending HMRC tax case has been taken as the responsibility of Murray International Holdings and Lloyds and not that of Rangers Football Club.

The story reports that Craig Whyte is on the verge of finishing his due diligence and should be on schedule to make a bid for the club sometime soon. The HMRC problem comes from Rangers' use of controversial remuneration trusts, where players were paid using offshore trusts. There are differing reports of what this would mean, however a sum of around £24 million seems to be the common denominator for monies being saught.

View the full article

Is that a 40 year old Gavin Rae in the picture?

Haha that's an unbelievable shout! A 25 year old Gavin Rae looked about 40 anyway, so it works on a few levels.

Still like the Shooter McGavin shout too.

In all seriousness though, great news if true.

Don't want to go over old ground re SDM's tenure, or talk about finances. Just hope for now Whyte starts to defend our club and the support from the liars in the Mhedia and takes no shite from Shame FC.

Hope all of this is true. Craig Whyte is the owner we really need.........................I think!

How much do you know about him? Seriously.

What little is known about him publicly is far from impressive.

Does anyone on here actually know him or can vouch for him?

Why would the bank any bank agree a possible liability that has nothing to do with them, and lose any perceived benefit from an alleged sale of the principle.

They wouldn't they won't and they haven't.

Nevermind the future of Rangers. Let's just hope it's true for that reason alone !!

I mean, I've never read more than two lines of any of his "articles" but this impending tax doom supposedly hanging over the Rangers like an axe seems to be the only thing that makes life worth living for him. He's obsessed with it. It's very strange for a "freelance investigative journalist" to only have ONE interest in his working life.

I mean, I've never read more than two lines of any of his "articles" but this impending tax doom supposedly hanging over the Rangers like an axe seems to be the only thing that makes life worth living for him. He's obsessed with it. It's very strange for a "freelance investigative journalist" to only have ONE interest in his working life.

I hope he dies - suicide or burst appendix, not bothered. :crabflute:

I get the impression that Phail McGoebbels agenda is to shroud Rangers FC in a sinister atmosphere of doubt and ominousness that may put off potential investors. An obsessed Timmy will try anything to hurt us, no matter how feeble or doomed to failure.