Kyle Bartley

keithgersbear

I know they "have to be" but they won't.

Sadly I can only agree....Bartley will feature in either a 5-man defence or on the odd occasion should there be a suspension or injury.

What I like about the lad already is that he seems very respectful of the club and appreciates the fact such a massive club has brought him on loan. Whenever he came off from the bench the first thing he done was applaud the fans before we applauded him, nice to see :) Hope he gets the chance to show us what he is capable of.

We can sit here and say that Bartley should be in the team, replacing either Weir or Whittaker, or that Diouf and Weiss should start on the wings, but these won't happen. As long as the favourites are available- not even fit or on form, but not suspended or injured- then they will play.

seems to be a nice guy indeed. Every players should always behave like that, they don't pay enough respect for our club. They've got to work harder on the pitch. Sometimes they just seem to be bored or not interested. And I agree, we need to rotate the squad. Celtic managed to dominate our midfield thanks to their players' fitness. And the fixture congestion won't hel us :disappointment:

Would like to see Kyle Bartley replace David Weir - sadly that is not going to happen.

However, Ally McCoist said today that Bartley can play in midfield, so we might see him in a holding role :unsure:

I was looking on a Sheffield United forum, and it seems Bartley played in midfield on two occasions during his spell at Bramall Lane, but was preferred in the centre of defence.

Would like to see Kyle Bartley replace David Weir - sadly that is not going to happen.

However, Ally McCoist said today that Bartley can play in midfield, so we might see him in a holding role :unsure:

I was looking on a Sheffield United forum, and it seems Bartley played in midfield on two occasions during his spell at Bramall Lane, but was preferred in the centre of defence.

What do they think about him? do they rate him?

What do they think about him? do they rate him?

Central defender is his best position, decent in the air, strong, athletic, bit of pace, likes to bring the ball out of defence - still a bit rough around the edges, which is expected at that age.

They must have said he would get game time. Why would a club agree to loaning a player out without assurancies that he will be involved? If he's not involved they're as well keeping him or sending him elsewhere, and why would the player agree to it?

So was this guy promised playing time when the loan went ahead? I hope he is playing the next game. We need to get him into that defence as its too slow at the moment imo.

I hope not. Promised? He should earn it.

Why would Wenger agree to the loan if he was never going to be played?

exactly - why bring the boy up and sit him on the bench, imo i dont think we will ever see him play because i can't see Walter dropping Weir unlees as some people in this thread have suggested play him in midfield.