Players protecting each other?

gsa

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, perhaps it has but one thing that struck me on Sunday was when Brown stood in front of Diouf like that not one single Rangers player got in front of him or went over to intervene or pull him out the way. I understand that the players shouldn't get involved in altercations, etc but this team don't seem to stick up for or protect each other.

If that happened to rooney at man u, giggs, fletcher, vidic, ferdinand would have been protecting him and having a go back. Pique and puyol are always quick to get involved when messi or iniesta is getting a hard time.

We had a player targeted on sunday (doesn't matter that is was diouf, he is a rangers player) and none of his teammates seemed interested in giving him a bit of back up.

Could you imaging gough, brown or ian ferguson taking that? Even in later years the likes of amoruso, ricksen, numan, etc showed more balls than this team seem capable of. If wally and sally can't motivate the players (or if the negative tactics are demotivating them) maybe some former players could let them knom it's ok to be a rangers player - you do not need to skulk around apologetically while celtic take the piss in our own ground.

I don't want to ever stoop to their level but Wally and Sally need to stop trying to suck up to them. I hate to see rangres managers talking about "rangers and celtic" as though we are one and the same thing. Mcleish used to do it as well. Liewell, lennon, reid, etc show nothing but contempt for us, we should at least stand up for ourselves.

I don't want to be as undignified as them but I think wally and sally are taking it too far, this everyone's friend attitude is not doing us any favours. Perhaps the players would show more balls if the management did?

McCulloch might of helped Diouf out, it was pretty horrible the treatment the African boy got with not a care in the world from his own fucking team mates! Could you imagine a Souness team on Saturday? Brown's legs would of been broken!

How can any post be taken seriously when the OP use names that only tims do to describe our management team ?

When our management team start managing I will use their real names. I have endured the most negative, joylesss football in my life for the last four years. The pair have them managed to turn watching games into a chore so forgive me if i don't call them sir walter and alistair.

When our management team start managing I will use their real names. I have endured the most negative, joylesss football in my life for the last four years. The pair have them managed to turn watching games into a chore so forgive me if i don't call them sir walter and alistair.

A chore in comparison to the free flowing football you watched before.

Aye what a chore this last 4 years have been , all these trophies, tims put in there place against the backdrop of a massive financial disavantage.

As i said i have never heard anyone but a tim call Ally "sally"....i would imagine i still haven't...

Should we call you Glenda until you start posting something that isn't a load of pish.

P.S. did you miss my other post ?

dont agree, ave seen big davy weir ragdoll a few players this year for messin with his team mates. maybe should have seen red on a few occasions.big bougy and big lee bounces the odd muppet. especially tackles on young wiess, ness and the other young ones. our team is a unit just not playing well at the momment.

dont agree, ave seen big davy weir ragdoll a few players this year for messin with his team mates. maybe should have seen red on a few occasions.big bougy and big lee bounces the odd muppet. especially tackles on young wiess, ness and the other young ones. our team is a unit just not playing well at the momment.

It happens all the time, sunday oncluded.

This team has the spirit in a team i have seen since.....last time walter was in charge surprisingly enough

I don't think we've had a situation like that before where an opposition player has celebrated in one of our faces.

I would hazard a guess they all wanted the game started again as quick as possible and Diouf's the last guy would need back up or want it.

IMO this team do fight for each other,this being one example after Weiss is pushed over.

You were quite rightly pulled up for calling our greatest ever striker by an insulting name but instead of apologising and moving on you come back with another pishy post so forgive me if I think you are either a celtc fan or an utter fanny.

Which is it? :sherlock:

If you have ever played football at any level you would know that immediately after a goal has been lost you are usually in your own world wondering what you personally could have done better to stop it. I doubt if any of our players even noticed what was going on until after the Broons team mates were taking him away. They automatically ran to him as the goal scorer.

You were quite rightly pulled up for calling our greatest ever striker by an insulting name but instead of apologising and moving on you come back with another pishy post so forgive me if I think you are either a celtc fan or an utter fanny.

Which is it? :sherlock:

Pulled up? It's an internet forum I can say what I want.

He seems to have ignored the fact gary hooper was slapped about, the tims websites are trying to get boogie done by the video panel team for punching him....maybe the OP missed that bit...

The o.p was mostly interested in scott brown getting in the face of one of our players after scoring. He was also concerned with the fact celtic won the physical battle the whole game. Of further concern was our midfield seeming incapable of tackling. Finally neil lennon marching around the pitch at ibrox and celebrating with the celtic fans was something the o.p didn't miss.

Obviously you feel the rangers players are full of fighting spirit and that their efforts were enough on sunday. Fair enough.