***The Official Rangers vs. Sporting CP Thread***

Muff

We controlled the whole half. We were never going to go pressing for a 2nd goal when we were 1-0 up at home in a first leg.

What game where you watching? If we controlled the whole half! we would have scored a few more. Walter wanted 1-0 and choose to sit back just like 2 weeks ago.

I hate to single out players... he was in the right places. It just hasn't happened for him. Too over-eager? Not a striker? I don't know... He is running out of time as a striker, that is for certain.

He doesn't have the ability to be a striker. No composure, poor reactions, very little skill. He might be ok as a foil type player for someone else to play off, but as far as I can remember he doesn't exactly have a fantastic scoring ratio and tonight I guess we saw why. I mean, all players have off games but good ones generally also have 'on' ones.

rangers games should be censored on tv, either that or a goverment health warning.

my blood pressure can't take anyh more with smith and his constant playing players out of posistion, refusing to change when change is evident and the rotation of the squad wich is null.

Instead fo grounding my daughter the nxt time she plays me up. im making her watch Rangers.

For 35mins of the 2nd half we were the better team then we began to drop deep (always the same) our stiker couldn't finish his fucking dinner and should've been hooked at some point, Healy is a out and out striker and would have scored 1 of them i'm sure.

its getting a bit of a worry when some of our players dont turn up on the park, Davis in the 1st half was poor,there was a few positives :weiss: and :diouf: played well.

when we attacked we loked good but we didn't have the finish at the end of it big Laff had 4 or 5 chances to bury that lot , but at least we know we could beat this lot because i think we made them look better than they are.

As much as it pains me to say it but it will do us good going out of this competition. The league is priority and at least we can play a proper striker in that in Jelavic! As others have said already tonight, this may be a blessing in disguise!

As for the game, expect massive overreactions from people who were 2 minutes away from posting about what a brilliant result and performance we had

We played brilliantly in the second half and easily deserved to win. Conceding a late equaliser totally against the run of play doesn't suddenly change that.

Are you real - or on drugs! 'WE PLAYED BRILLIANTLY IN THE SECOND HALF' - NO WE DIDN'T! We played well for 15/20 minutes and that's being fairly kind! After that they were the better side - not by much I accept - but better nonetheless. As for posting about 'what a brilliant result' had we won 1 - 0 - don't think so! Probably would have slept a little better though! Tradegy is they are a crap side AND WE BLEW IT.

need to have a rant...ok this is not just because of this game but fuck me isnt it clear to all that Lafferty, Foster and Edu arent good enough, why dont they get subbed ? fucking raging when i see that Foster starting that foul throw sums him up fucking amatuer and that lafferty is just a diddy i have no confidence atal in him when he has the ball, Edu will ocassionaly play well but most of the time he runs around like a headless chicken, I really hope they get a good balloking for that pathetic performance as i say its not just tonight it happens far to often. lets not kid ourselfs on Sporting were rank rotten and they still managed a draw at Ibrox... frightening.

This maybe deserves a thread of it's own... but remember up here in the SPL we considered guys like Burke and indeed Jordan McMillan 'yougsters' when they were 23 years old. If I am not mistaken, Lafferty is around this age... my question is: should we wait any longer for some end product from him? Or is he the scapegoat because of the formation? I genuinely don't know what his ideal position is.

On a positive note: How fucking good is Diouf ?

I was extremely happy with his performance tonight. He is a breath of fresh air in the team. If he keeps this up, I really hope we can get him permanently.