Post-Sporting match Lafferty thread

dukestreetsoup

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of frustration from the manner that we drew that tie and I think that has driven this stream of abuse towards Lafferty.

I don't think he had a good game and as it happens I don't think he is going to be good enough for Rangers. That being said, some of the comments are way over the top. He snatched at a few decent chances but I don't think it was the abject performance a lot of people seem to.

This doesn't mitigate for his performance but you can't fault his effort. Just don't think his ability is there.

its the total absence of a footballing brain that frustrates me the most about lafferty, he must be an absolute nightmare to play with.

I think that that point was made clear tonight when the ball came through to him, and he was through on goal, and he decided to strike it on the volley instead of playing it and probably scoring (well, at least, anybody with any sort of talent would have scored it).

Saying that, could be good news if we get knocked out.

In a roundabout manner, maybe. But if we get knocked out of this, and still don't win anything else, we'll have egg on our face. At least Jelavic is around for every other game.

Headless chicken

Dreadful movement

Poor touch

Crap in the air

Little awareness

No instinct

Cannot hold the ball up

Not a goalscorer

Very little ability

Doesn't understand the offside rule

Not a team player

Want me to carry on... ?

That was before tonight - he didn't have the best of service, but when he did get on the ball, or find himself with time and space, was utter dross.

He is not a striker and anyone who thinks he can play the lone role, is clueless!

Run his contract down - mainly because no-one will buy him - and fcuking bin him.

Another reason why I think people are so annoyed at Lafferty tonight, outside of his sub-par abilities, is because he isn't even likeable as a personality. Everybody I've ever talked to, Rangers' fan or not, hates him, including me. He cheats, dives, and can just generally be a really dirty player.

Everything adds up and it causes us to resent him.

The sooner we get rid of Lafferty the better. Sadly no one will be silly enough to buy him so we will be stuck with him for another 2 years at least :anguish:

A complete and utter donkey. He needs 10 chances to score most of the time.

I think that that point was made clear tonight when the ball came through to him, and he was through on goal, and he decided to strike it on the volley instead of playing it and probably scoring (well, at least, anybody with any sort of talent would have scored it).

my boy(9) said whats he doing he had loads of time, okay he didnt have loads of time but a chest down touch foward and either defender who was wrong side and behind him could have tackled and probably a penalty or he would have got his shot away and hut some poor cunt in the copland rear

Another reason why I think people are so annoyed at Lafferty tonight, outside of his sub-par abilities, is because he isn't even likeable as a personality. Everybody I've ever talked to, Rangers' fan or not, hates him, including me. He cheats, dives, and can just generally be a really dirty player.

Everything adds up and it causes us to resent him.

I don't hate him I just don't think he is a very good footballer.

Embarrassing performance from a terrible player.

He does this really fucking annoying thing where after he's just fucked up, he turns around looking like confused as fuck, like a wee boy who's just lost his mammy. Almost in disbelief at how shit he truly is.

His first touch, especially in the first half was fucking awful and the shotsd he had from 20 yards, any other "striker" would have run down on goal and buried it, he just shat himself. He's not a goalscorer and never will be!