Kevin Thomson on the Robbie Keane memories

Boab

He said: "It's agony watching Old Firm games. Some of my most special memories came from those derbies.

"I'll always remember scoring the winner in a 1-0 win at Ibrox but right up there with any of that was the day I hit Robbie Keane with a couple of tackles in the first three minutes.

"I still watch those clips even now and every time it gets better. Keane looks like he can hardly breath and I know how he was feeling - I didn't catch a breath myself for the first five minutes of that one.

Great quotes. http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/rangers/2011/02/18/i-d-run-up-the-road-on-one-leg-for-chance-to-play-in-old-firm-clash-says-ex-rangers-star-kevin-thomson-86908-22931730/

We do miss him, I think. Well, the injury-free Kevin Thomson.

Who knows whether he would have picked up the injuries he has down south, up here. Probably wasn't worth the gamble of keeping him to find out, though, given our record with players who're more susceptable to injuries.

Was my favourite Rangers player during his time here.

When i've met Thomson your always surprised how wee and frail he looks for a real tough tackler, but he did a number on Keane that day pity through injuries we never saw the best of Thomson at Rangers.

Some of the comments at the bottom of that page make me want to heave. But aye, as much as I liked him as a player and was disappointed when he left (was ejected), can't help but think we dodged a bullet with regards to his injury problems.

the most overrated player ever to wear a rangers shirt a nothing whos found his level at the great footballing heights of teeside

him and his low life pal can f**k off

Someones been on the shandys.

Would've loved to have kept the guy. Would be ahead of edu and jig in this years team no doubt. Would be someone we could do with at the moment.