The MMA News Thread

Tam3r0wn

Jacare just lost to Ruckhole, possibly the upset of the year.

Heavyweight tourney semis up next.

Antonio "Big Foot" Silva vs Daniel Cormier

&

Josh Barnett vs. Sergei Kharitonov

Hopefully Barnett wins, I have him on a Multiple. Would like Big Foot to win too, would like to see Barnett vs Foot in the finals. Shame Ubereem was replaced with Cormier, was looking foward to Overeem against Big Foot.

My money is on BJ, love watching him fight, never used to like him untill a seen a video about his life and things he does day to day, also showed how he trains and stuff, ever since i have liked the guy.

Agree M8, BJ's got this, either stoppage by cuts or possibly knockdown followed by RNC, Diaz probably won't tap, he would rather go to sleep.

Barnett beats Kharitonov by arm triangle, only need Jones to beat Page & I win my accumulator. Had GSP to Beat Diaz on the bet too, but since Diaz was pulled from that fight I'm not sure how much I win, quite annoyed TBH about Diaz being such a moron that he cost me money. Never liked him or his idiot brother anyway, such panto tough guys, wished Gomi smashed Nicks eye out the socket.

Ellenberger is a serious threat to anyone. He hits HARD. Threw Shields around like a wee girl when he tried to score the takedown.

Poor effort from Jake Shields in the post fight interview. Jake, dude, when you try to single leg the ref that means your fucked. He took six unanswered blows while curled up in an ass ball, then says it was an early stoppage.

Not the most exciting event, roll on next week.

Don't think Shields should've been fighting. Regardless, he has looked rank in the UFC so far - particularly against stronger wrestlers that he can't take down.

How would Ellenberger get on against GSP? Would be risky for cautious Georges to keep it on the feet. But on the other hand he'd probably have to be on top of his game to take Ellenberger down for a 25 min dry hump.

Don't think Shields should've been fighting. Regardless, he has looked rank in the UFC so far - particularly against stronger wrestlers that he can't take down.

How would Ellenberger get on against GSP? Would be risky for cautious Georges to keep it on the feet. But on the other hand he'd probably have to be on top of his game to take Ellenberger down for a 25 min dry hump.

Ellenberger has some cardio issues iirc he gassed out in the Condit fight(which I reckon he still should have been given the decision). Rocha also gave him serious problems on the earth.

That said, for two and a half rounds, he is about as dangerous a threat as anyone. He can really punch. In that Condit fight he made Carlos cover up and dive for the mat at least twice after connecting. Possibly the hardest hitter in the division.

Ellenberger has some cardio issues iirc he gassed out in the Condit fight(which I reckon he still should have been given the decision). Rocha also gave him serious problems on the earth.

That said, for two and a half rounds, he is about as dangerous a threat as anyone. He can really punch. In that Condit fight he made Carlos cover up and dive for the mat at least twice after connecting. Possibly the hardest hitter in the division.

Don't remember seeing the Condit or Rocha fights?

You reckon GSP would be able to take him down with ease? He's a pretty decent wrestler and an absolute hulk of a man!

You reckon GSP would be able to take him down with ease? He's a pretty decent wrestler and an absolute hulk of a man!

GSP has out-wrestled Hughes, Fitch and Koscheck so I would think that even though Ellenberger has more wrestling credentials, GSP's athleticism and timing will give him the advantage.

Try and watch the Condit fight man, excellent bout. Jakes power is on show for sure.

I think GSP can take every welterweight down if he so pleases. Best case scenario for Ellenberger imo - stuff takedowns before gassing and then being taken down. There is a chance he finds GSP's chin before that happens.

The man has a neck like my quad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:lol: :lol: at Maestros comment above.

GSP has a torn ACL and is out for 10 months, Diaz vs Condit for the Interim Welterweight Championship.

Michael Bisping vs Demian Maia at UFC on Fox 2.

GSP will have been out of action for a total of 20 months when he returns, IMO he should be stripped of the title. Frank Mir was stripped of the title after being out for 14 months.