Player Ratings Tonight

First of all, losing Jelavic and even Lafferty was a big blow. It basically forced Walter into playing defensive, I know many of us would of went for a more attacking line-up but I can see why Walter lined up as he did. Ref was atrocious, gave everything to the home team. We didn't help ourselves at times, but he was awful. Whittaker's first booking was just stupid on the refs part. Bougherra wins the ball for the red, every day of the week. But in fairness he should of been off for doing Hooper.

McGregor 7 - Did everything he could, positioning for Wilson's goal was good. Basically anything other than a misshit and he saves it.

Papac 6 - Struggles against their wingers, but a fantastic clearance. At times his touch was poor but was willing to put his body on the line for the cause.

Bougherra 7 - One of the few players who tried to go up the pitch at times. Defensively he bullied them, dirty at stupid at times, but did all he could.

Bartley 8 - Thought the big man was brilliant tonight. He looked after everyone and was only really caught out once whilst playing the high line

Weir 7 - Was beaten for a pace a few times, should of closed Wilson down far quicker for the rebound. That aside he played far better than recent weeks.

Foster 7 - Dealt really well with Izaguirre. He had to beaten once tonight, and the only time he was they scored. He had the hardest job to do tonight, and I thought he went about it well.

Edu 4 - Was dire. Can't bass a ball, has a woeful touch and gave away countless unecessary fouls. The only quality the big man has is he runs around a bit.

Davis 5 - Pretty poor from the wee man. Passing was average, but the couple of times where he could of played a decisive ball he fluffed it. Mind you playing alongside Edu, and you'll always struggle.

Whittaker 5 - Actually did well in the first half until the sending off. Was the link between the defense and Diouf, as the rest of the midfield was absent. Sadly his decision making was poor, and it cost him.

Fleck 4 - Nowhere near match fit. Touch wasn't great, did a couple of things okay but was mainly missing. Failed awfully and the fact Whittaker outshone him as an attacking threat says it all.

Diouf 6 - Had no help, touch was good and unfortunatly at times he was having to come into our half just to get the ball. He isn't Kenny Miller, he possesses nowhere near the pace to beat a back 4. He needs to be played in, but didn't have the service. And the ref failed to notice that Celtic's game plan consisted off knocking the shit out of him.

Sub:

Wyle 5 - Came on and gave it a go. Wasn't scared to run at their full backs. Problem is when your trying to beat a winger with a fullback behind him, you can't hit the ball 20yards ahead of you and rely on your pace.

Hutton 5 - Came on to shore up the defence, and basically that got stuffed when they scored after 2 minutes. Passing was tidy, but faded badly as their midfield overan the game.

Management:

Walter 4 - Will argue he has his hands tied with the injuries, but how many fucking games will it take us to learn that sitting back against Celtic won't work.

Ally 9 - The only reason he hasn't got a 10, is because he didn't rearrange Lennon's face. I want him to hate the cretin as much as everyone else does, and hes shaping up nicely for next year. None of this pally pish, lets forget the diddy cup and get into these bastards in the final league game

McGregor - 7

Foster - 5

Weir - 6

Bougherra - 6

Bartley - 6

Papac - 6

Whittaker - 4

Edu - 3

Davis - 5

Fleck - 4

Diouf - 5

Subs:

Wylde - 4

Hutton - 4

I'm not too sure why Foster is getting such a hard time over tonight. He was against their mot dangerous player, and lost once. Whilst Papac barely attempted to stop them crossing balls on his side, and was rated higher? Fair play to him though, what a clearance

Papac :praise: :praise:

Took one for the team there.

Edu and Whittaker are simply not good enough. Fleck was out of position again and thrown into the deep end, expehim to be a passenger , Davis get your act together, we know your good enough, you know your good enough, time to start producing, sooner Ness is back the better, Ness and Davis in the centre would be our best centre-mid partership, although Hutton looks a tidy player, earns an extra point for the hit on Brown. Diouf today = Jelavic 10 days ago = Miller in January. No support, had to do all the work by himself. When your lone striker runs with the ball for yards and is still in his own half, what fucking chance do we give ourself?

First of all, losing Jelavic and even Lafferty was a big blow. It basically forced Walter into playing defensive, I know many of us would of went for a more attacking line-up but I can see why Walter lined up as he did. Ref was atrocious, gave everything to the home team. We didn't help ourselves at times, but he was awful. Whittaker's first booking was just stupid on the refs part. Bougherra wins the ball for the red, every day of the week. But in fairness he should of been off for doing Hooper.

McGregor 7 - Did everything he could, positioning for Wilson's goal was good. Basically anything other than a misshit and he saves it.

Papac 6 - Struggles against their wingers, but a fantastic clearance. At times his touch was poor but was willing to put his body on the line for the cause.

Bougherra 7 - One of the few players who tried to go up the pitch at times. Defensively he bullied them, dirty at stupid at times, but did all he could.

Bartley 8 - Thought the big man was brilliant tonight. He looked after everyone and was only really caught out once whilst playing the high line

Weir 7 - Was beaten for a pace a few times, should of closed Wilson down far quicker for the rebound. That aside he played far better than recent weeks.

Foster 7 - Dealt really well with Izaguirre. He had to beaten once tonight, and the only time he was they scored. He had the hardest job to do tonight, and I thought he went about it well.

Edu 4 - Was dire. Can't bass a ball, has a woeful touch and gave away countless unecessary fouls. The only quality the big man has is he runs around a bit.

Davis 5 - Pretty poor from the wee man. Passing was average, but the couple of times where he could of played a decisive ball he fluffed it. Mind you playing alongside Edu, and you'll always struggle.

Whittaker 5 - Actually did well in the first half until the sending off. Was the link between the defense and Diouf, as the rest of the midfield was absent. Sadly his decision making was poor, and it cost him.

Fleck 4 - Nowhere near match fit. Touch wasn't great, did a couple of things okay but was mainly missing. Failed awfully and the fact Whittaker outshone him as an attacking threat says it all.

Diouf 6 - Had no help, touch was good and unfortunatly at times he was having to come into our half just to get the ball. He isn't Kenny Miller, he possesses nowhere near the pace to beat a back 4. He needs to be played in, but didn't have the service. And the ref failed to notice that Celtic's game plan consisted off knocking the shit out of him.

Sub:

Wyle 5 - Came on and gave it a go. Wasn't scared to run at their full backs. Problem is when your trying to beat a winger with a fullback behind him, you can't hit the ball 20yards ahead of you and rely on your pace.

Hutton 5 - Came on to shore up the defence, and basically that got stuffed when they scored after 2 minutes. Passing was tidy, but faded badly as their midfield overan the game.

Management:

Walter 4 - Will argue he has his hands tied with the injuries, but how many fucking games will it take us to learn that sitting back against Celtic won't work.

Ally 9 - The only reason he hasn't got a 10, is because he didn't rearrange Lennon's face. I want him to hate the cretin as much as everyone else does, and hes shaping up nicely for next year. None of this pally pish, lets forget the diddy cup and get into these bastards in the final league game

Agree with more or less all of that but made Ricky Foster 8 and joint MOM with Bartley (tu) Thought he had a cracking game.

I'm not too sure why Foster is getting such a hard time over tonight. He was against their mot dangerous player, and lost once. Whilst Papac barely attempted to stop them crossing balls on his side, and was rated higher? Fair play to him though, what a clearance

Maybe slightly harsh but he didn't really impress me tonight, not our worst player though.

Allan McGregor 7

Richard Foster 8

Madjid Bougherra 7

David Weir 6

Kyle Bartley 7

Sasa Papac 6

Steven Whittaker 3

Steven Davis 5

Maurice Edu 5

John Fleck 2

El Hadji Diouf 5

Kyle Hutton 5

Gregg Wylde 5

Calum Murray 0

McGregor 7

Papac 6

Bougherra 7

Bartley 8

Weir 7

Foster 7

Edu 4

Davis 5

Whittaker 5

Fleck 4

Diouf 6

Sub:

Wyle 5

Hutton 5

Management:

Walter 4

Ally 9

100% agree. impressed with foster today and whittaker did actually play quite well before the incident.

Think all of the ratings are spot on.

McGregor-7

Foster- 7

Boogie- 7

Weir- 7

Bartley- 7

Papac-7

Whitey- 5

Davis- 6

Edu- 3

Fleck- 3

Diouf- 5

Everyone gets pass marks tonight except Edu and Fleck who were so bad they made the scum midfield look good. Edu is just a big slow unskilled soft waste of a footballer and Fleck is just plain shite. But the formation we played was probably the main reason we lost. Imagine Jock Wallace going there and playing with only one up front, so I will give

Smith- 1

McCoist- 8

McGregor - 7 I can only imagine how he feels knowing that he is going to be under non stop pressure with the way the team is set out.

Foster - 6 Best game Ihave seen him play;beaten only a couple of times and had very little protection apart from Bougherra.

Bougherra - 7 A giant in defence and the only one who seemed to want to go forward.

Weir - 4 Again ran ragged by Hooper and the Tranny.

Bartley - 7 A giant who can play football and mopped up for Weir.

Papac - 6 Great goal line clearance and his usual competent display.

Whittaker - 3 All over the place giving the ball away before his cards.

Davis - 3 Insipid performance again; beginning to think he only plays when things are going well,shrinks when up against it.

Edu - 3 Dozy for most of the game watched him saunter outside the box at the goal as if he didn't have acare in the world.

Fleck - 2 Boy is being ruined by being played as a virtual defender and had to be subbed.

Diouf - 6 Only so much can be done playing upfront by himself with terrible service and no support; did well to keep his frustration inhold for so long. I would have targetted our manager rather than Lennon,however.

Hutton - 4 Did reasonably well in a midfield which had given up the ghost.

Wylde - 4 Showed spirit and willingness but lacking in support and composure.

Manager 0 Wrong set up once again in a knockout game inviting pressure and surrenduring before the game started.

Down to 10 men any remotely competent tactician would have restored midfiled to 4 rather than playing 3 and keeping a back 5.

Why not go for a goal in the last minutes by introducing a striker rather than putting a central defender upfront?

Rhetorical question I know because he will never change.

McGregor - 6

Foster - 4

Weir - 6

Bougherra - 7

Bartley - 6

Papac - 6

Whittaker - 4

Edu - 3

Davis - 3

Fleck - 3

Diouf - 4

Subs:

Wylde - 5

Hutton - 5

Foster on the same rating as Whittaker?

I dont believe for a minute Jelavic was injured ........Smith was never going to go near their box all night and knew he would not be needed

You're another who's at it.

Not watched the game back, but i'll try :lol:

McGregor - 7

Foster - 7

Weir - 5

Bougherra - 6

Bartley - 8

Papac - 5

Whittaker - 4

Edu - 4

Davis - 6

Fleck - 5

Diouf - 6

Subs:

Wylde - 5

Hutton - 5

Excellent summary PlymouthRanger... Especially Ally. (I'd have given him a 9.9 though :-) )

Big Kyle Bartley, to me anyway, is THE answer at CB. Pace, intelligent, strong, good on the ball, a 50/50? Only one winner. And.. has balls. Superb.