***The Official PSV Eindhoven vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Hopefully not mate, it'll be a miracle if we get anything, even a goal.

Want to see the line up tho, if weiss is playing we at least have an outball.

Even with Weiss playing doubt it will make any significant change to our overall set up, just think our luck is about to run out today.

It's a horrible thing to suggest... But I really think the arse has fell out of this team. Hopefully though I'm proven wrong and we get a sign they're some hope left in this squad.

Neil Alexander will start in goal for Rangers against PSV Eindhoven with Allan McGregor named among the substitutes.

Kyle Lafferty has been declared fit to start. The Northern Irishman has recovered from tonsillitis and will start in attack behind El Hadji Diouf in the Philips Stadion on Thursday evening.

Walter Smith's plans have been hit by injury in recent weeks and the absence of Laffetry and Weiss has restricted the manager's options. While Weiss has not been risked from the start as he recovers from a badly bruised foot, lafferty takes his place in a 5-3-1-1 formation.

Alexander gets a rare start in goal due to McGregor's injury where he will expect to be kept on his toes by a lively PSV front line. Ahead of the keeper, Richard Foster, Madjid Bougherra, David Weir, Kyle Bartley and Steven Whittaker will play as a back five, with Whittaker deputising again for the injured Sasa Papac.

In midfield, Maurice Edu and Kyle Hutton and Steven Davis will play in the centre, with Kyle Lafferty attacking from the left behind El Hadji Diouf.

Rangers team to face PSV: Alexander, Foster, Bougherra, Weir, Bartley, Whittaker, Edu, Hutton, Davis, Lafferty, Diouf

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/234321-alexander-to-start-for-rangers-against-psv/

Seems Alexander is in goals as he needs game time before the cup final. No injury to Mcgregor.

Strange. Why does he need to play in the cup final anyway?

I can understand the idea of playing the second choice keeper in the cup, but not if it starts influencing your team selection for other games as well.

Forum running really slow for anyone else?

Yes mate... it's painful!

I'm away in a hotel with work tonight... anyone got any info on decent links they can PM me? ... obviously for cough medicine and not for tonight's match...

Thanks in advance!

(tu)