1. 1. Would you still go?

• Hell Yeah!
    • Nah will watch on TV

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no but that was a one off, most of the problems are from boozed up fans after matches played

i live in an area where fans gather after these games and its not pretty

agreed.

3 things contribute to what we saw in the last OF game:

1) Alcohol

2) The media

3) The piss poor standard of scottish refereeing (and arguable scottish football as a whole).

They have not got a clue. its all a complete over reaction. The only way that might have any impact on the violence caused after it is to ban it from being shown live on tv. There are people all over the place getting pished in pubs from half past 12. banning it from being shown live would stop this. Sky would still pay as they would put a recording of the full game on at about 10 o'clock that night.

They should just shut the fuck up though and get on with it. God only knows how the current mob in charge would have coped in the 70s when it was chaos.

IMO evening games will stop most of the problems ok some fans will have lots more time to get pissed before games but they got pissed at Sunday lunchtime kick offs as well.

the biggest problem with the Sunday games was 10-11 hours of drinking time after the game.

Plenty time to get pissed and angry(depending on result) for some of the fans who just couldn't control themselves resulting in all these incidents the police are going on about

On a midweek night game your talking a couple of hours pub time max.

And most fans would just head straight home due to work commitments.

It is just a pity it won't suit bears coming over from ulster but looking on the bright side no earls from that third world shithole just below the six counties either

Deciding to be restrictive in when the Old Firm games can be played would have a major effect of future TV revenue. Sky/ESPN might decide to offer less/not bother at all. In the short term, the SPL might be in breach of the existing contracts.

Obviously if the authorities wish they can insist, but then the party in power would pay the price for the teams which would go out of business in lost votes

Can someone please tell me when the fans rioted and were fighting inside and outside the ground that caused this hysterical over reaction?

Or did they sing a few songs and shout some obscenities at each other.

How many were attacked and stabbed inside the ground?

Oh that's right there was no fighting inside or outside the ground and no one was stabbed or attacked.

A few players got sent off for a couple of BOOKABLE offences and the 2 managers had an eyeballing with each other.

Talk about mass hysteria to what was virtually an ordinary run of the mill Old Firm game.

Can someone please tell me when the fans rioted and were fighting inside and outside the ground that caused this hysterical over reaction?

Or did they sing a few songs and shout some obscenities at each other.

How many were attacked and stabbed inside the ground?

Oh that's right there was no fighting inside or outside the ground and no one was stabbed or attacked.

A few players got sent off for a couple of BOOKABLE offences and the 2 managers had an eyeballing with each other.

Talk about mass hysteria to what was virtually an ordinary run of the mill Old Firm game.

otally agree, mate, thought I was losing it!

I think this (over)reaction is down to the fact the matches have started to become passionless sterile affairs. The last match that got anywhere near this amount of press attention was the 3-0 match when we took the league at Parkhead in 99. First time in years we get a proper blood n guts Old Firm match and the World can't handle it!

otally agree, mate, thought I was losing it!

I think this (over)reaction is down to the fact the matches have started to become passionless sterile affairs. The last match that got anywhere near this amount of press attention was the 3-0 match when we took the league at Parkhead in 99. First time in years we get a proper blood n guts Old Firm match and the World can't handle it!

The world can handle it and the world loves it. The media loves it and so do the TV companies.

It appears though the Police and the Politicians can't..or let me rephrase that..they can't handle a lot of things and conveniently look to shift the blame on to the Old Firm to cover up their failings in Policing and Society in General.

Knife Crime

Drug Abuse

Alcohol Abuse

Rape

Education

Funding Cuts

All of the above require far more attention than a game of Football.

FFS people need to get real! The Old Firm (mainly us) are being hung out to dry here. They're even blaming us for domestic abuse! Do Strathclyde Police really expect me to believe that Ally having a go at Lennon is directly responsible for some poor woman getting her head beat in Glasgow after the match. I'm sure the figures do rise after an OF match, but I think you'll find that the same victims will receive similar beatings on any given Fri/Sat/Sun night anyway without football, for the dinner being cold/too long at the shops etc, it's just the scum that do it don't all choose to do it on the same night..

No point in me having a season ticket next season as I can't do midweek games.

And with the old firm games being the only match never to go on general sale I may as well just buy single tickets each game.

It's a stupid idea - they seem to be under the impression that all Rangers and Celtic fans come from Glasgow and the surrounding area's.

...........................and work!

Is Monday no Giro day for they Oxygen Thieves?

No point in me having a season ticket next season as I can't do midweek games.

And with the old firm games being the only match never to go on general sale I may as well just buy single tickets each game.

I don't think the clubs fully realise the implications of their stupidity yesterday if this proposal (and others) gets ratified.

I'm not unemployed and sit around watching Jeremy Kyle all day with my green and grey top on. Some of us can't get to midweek matches due to work commitments.

If only I was a state-sponging bead rattling b@stard, life would be easy. This kind of nonsense really gets my goat.

Oh and another thing! What is with all this talk about domestic abuse going up when Old Firm matches are on? If these dirty f*ckers beat their wives, then they will do it whether there is a bloody football match on or not. Get a grip people.

/Rant

...and breathe :craphead:

agreed.

3 things contribute to what we saw in the last OF game:

1) Alcohol

2) The media

3) The piss poor standard of scottish refereeing (and arguable scottish football as a whole).

Why have these fuckers not been taken to task for ramping up every game to the hilt.

Its always "the most important" "must win" and shit like that that gets all us going.

then alowing papes a voice in your paper doesnt help either :angry::angry::angry: