Foster's ineligibility may prove Rangers' biggest weakness

H72

Based on what other's have said on here, I assume that Foster most definitely is ineligible for tomorrow's Cup final.

Despite the abuse he receives on a quite regular basis - admittedly from myself, perhaps unfairly - I'm beginning to think that he'll be a far bigger loss than Bartley tomorrow afternoon. I had some comfort in knowing that Foster would most likely start against Izaguirre on the right flank, with Whittaker on the left of a back 5. However it's now becoming clear that he won't be able to play and that hinders our system greatly tomorrow, to the extent that I believe will encourage Smith into stubbornly setting out another ultra-defensive formation.

Regardless of the green and grey hoops across his jersey, Izaguirre has caused us problems in nearly every Old Firm game this season. Foster at least holds the pace to keep up with him.

So who sets out to stop him tomorrow up the left flank? Whittaker certainly isn't capable.

Note: I do have confidence Rangers can win tomorrow, as long as we play 4-4-2, but this is a major concern for tomorrow.

Surely Foster being missing means we're forced to play with a flat back four?

I actually think this is an advantage for tomorrow.

You may be right. Maybe Smith will actually be forced into playing with 4 at the back, but he'll probably end up sticking an extra player in midfield instead.

By no way is it an advantage though, in my opinion.

Having Foster out may force Walters hand to play Wittaker at RB, you know, his position.

Weiss on the right and Wylde on the left. Davis and Hutton(Edu) in the middle. That would be ideal for me, with Naismith playing just behind Jelavic.

If we set up like that I honestly don't think it would matter what Celtic did because we would thump them.

Agree 100%. Foster did a good job against Izaguirre, and no-one else we have (injured or otherwise) in the full back positions could keep up with him.

4-4-2 will leave us more exposed if Foster isnt playing opposite Izaguirre, but we still must play that way. 5-4-1 will be a huge disappointment I reckon.

The last Old Firm Izzaguire ripped him apart.

If you want to deal with their left hand side play Davis right midfield but personally I would rather we tried to make them worry about us.

It all depends the formation they play, tactically it will be interesting to see what Wattie plays and the line-up he uses.

People think its as simple as saying 4-4-2 and attack and we will win when it is far from it.

Wi walter, i wouldnt be suprised to see young darren cole thrown in rather than goin 4-4-2. Remember andy littles shock inclusion? It'll be between cole and john grieg at right back i reckon.

Wi walter, i wouldnt be suprised to see young darren cole thrown in rather than goin 4-4-2. Remember andy littles shock inclusion? It'll be between cole and john grieg at right back i reckon.

:lol:

The last Old Firm Izzaguire ripped him apart.

Was that the game where Izaguirre got by Foster ONCE in the entire game...?

Think people just automatically assume he's shite because he came from Aberdeen. He's proven this season he can up his game and has proved to be a shrewd acquisition for us, I think we'll miss him tomorrow.

Having Foster out may force Walters hand to play Wittaker at RB, you know, his position.

Weiss on the right and Wylde on the left. Davis and Hutton(Edu) in the middle. That would be ideal for me, with Naismith playing just behind Jelavic.

If we set up like that I honestly don't think it would

matter what Celtic did because we would thump them.

the thing with that team is that we might concede but there's goals in our team as well. If we get at celtics defence we will destroy them!

Based on what other's have said on here, I assume that Foster most definitely is ineligible for tomorrow's Cup final.

Despite the abuse he receives on a quite regular basis - admittedly from myself, perhaps unfairly - I'm beginning to think that he'll be a far bigger loss than Bartley tomorrow afternoon. I had some comfort in knowing that Foster would most likely start against Izaguirre on the right flank, with Whittaker on the left of a back 5. However it's now becoming clear that he won't be able to play and that hinders our system greatly tomorrow, to the extent that I believe will encourage Smith into stubbornly setting out another ultra-defensive formation.

Regardless of the green and grey hoops across his jersey, Izaguirre has caused us problems in nearly every Old Firm game this season. Foster at least holds the pace to keep up with him.

So who sets out to stop him tomorrow up the left flank? Whittaker certainly isn't capable.

Note: I do have confidence Rangers can win tomorrow, as long as we play 4-4-2, but this is a major concern for tomorrow.

I think your right; and to be fair to the boy he had Izaguirre pretty well marshaled until that one slip. It took a slip on that day