A new dawn is coming

rfcfraserrfc

Im not trying to over react here to what has been a magnificent day but I am one of the few who is really looking forward to the future of our club.

Walter is leaving the club in the hands of a Rangers Legend , a man who knows the club inside out. A man with great enthusiasm, an attacking brain and hopefully the tactical prowess of Walter. A man known as 'Super' Ally.

Alot of people are questioning where the players and funds are going to come from but I have been blown away with the progress of some of the younsters this season. Hutton, Ness and Wylde have all played in the biggest derby in the world and have handled it superbly. They have also showed great potential in Europe , playing against the likes of Scholes and Rooney to name a few.

This is a Rangers youth team who have been together for many years and the manager - Billy Kirkwood speaks highly of nearly the entire squad. Next year is going to be the year when this young team takes us to another level.

With a few additions in the summer - we will have a great squad of players together for next season, I am sure of that . If Mcgregor goes, we have another fantastic keeper waiting to take his place. Bougherra and Davis will stay and continue the spine of the team . Davis found a level which we have never seen any player go to all season today and he will be the captain to drive us on to success next season with the help of Jamie Ness and Kyle Hutton along side him.

If im not mistaken it was McCoist who signed Lafferty, therefore I can see him getting the best out of the big man . With A good pre season behind him and without the transfer episode, Jelavic can easily hit 20+ goals next season . We look to have finally found an out and out winger, a playmaker and a set peice taker in young Greg Wylde. His frightning pace will be key to Super Allys Success .

We are also hearing about the progress of Kane Hemmings and Darren Cole who will also be exciting prosepcts for next season. If we can keep a solid spine to the team (Alexander,Boogie,Davis,Jelavic) we will win 4IAR next season and with Jelavic eligible for europe , hopefully compete with teams on an attacking front.

Ill say it again , I dont want to over-react, but look at the positives .Whats to stop us ? If Lemon loses the league this year he will be gone . What next? they will have to find a new manager, their fourth in 3 years, who might want to build a new team again. Hooper, Izaguire are stick ons for england so celtic will have to up their scouting once again for the new campaign.

Next year I would like to see us start with : Alexander,Cole,Bougherra,Bartley,Whittaker,Wylde,Davis,Ness,Hutton,Jelavic & Goodwillie ;)

We are out of Europe, the Scottish cups gone and the League Cup is ours . We have one thing to focus on, the main prize and the gateway to the champions league. Lets go into every Spl game with the spirit and flair we showed today. Lets support them until the death in every game and make sure Walters final season ends in glory.

Come on Rangers one last push towards the finish line, theres no stopping us :21:

Every player in that team today showed the spirit of a Rangers player, with more waiting in the wings. Stand firm Rangers, Struth said so. A man who played in the first ever Rangers team on a public playing field, was later present when rangers played in front of 10s of thousands.

Oh yes, Rangers are changing, we are going through uncertain times. But today was the most Rangers of Rangers performances I have ever seen.

Good post.

But... We need money. No out of posistion players. A good left back, a good partner for Boogie (prays for Bartley), pray we keep Weiss for RM and get Goodwillie. This is the ideal team for me, then anything extra is a bonus

:uk: lets just enjoy this cup win then go on and secure 3 in a row. but yes as your post clearly states i think we are going to reap the benefits of murray park and hopefully with a few additions we will be a formidable team for years to come. lets not forget when lemmon gets the bullit parden the pun :D they will need to get a new manager in and also half their players are on loan, we have a more settled team and i think yesterday proved a team with loads of team spirit who will stand up and be counted especially when they are allowed by the management team to express themselves and play to their strenghs ie attacking football as i think theres not one team in the spl could live with the rangers in full flight. :21: w.a.t.p

We have made things harder for ourselves than they had to be. First.. by giving SPL sides far too much respect. The same can be said for Europe. (PSV anyone?)

We need to have the confidence in our ability to attack. I respect Walter as much as anyone.. but he has been too conservative this year, and it has cost us points, and perhaps progression in Europe. Ally, by nature will be more attack minded. As the OP says, lots of young talent now coming good and have shown they can play with Europe's best.

The future is bright. But, let's go and win this league first! (tu)

Fantastic OP btw. :clap:

It looks a lot brighter after yesterday.

My only wish is that we have learned from our mistakes and now push on in the same manner because we can win this league at a canter if we stop showing showers of shite too much respect and attack.

Next season, with a takeover, I wouldn't get carried away.

Operating the way we are would be brilliant.

Straight away - contracts done! - Davis (3 years), Bougherra (3 years), Wylde (4 years), Papac (2 years) and anyone else seen as necessary.

Then we should, well Ally should, look to get his strongest players done on paper in a 4-4-2 formation.

McGregor/Alexander

Whittaker - Bougherra Papac

- Davis © Ness Wylde

Jelavic Naismith

This leaves automatically 2 positions that need filling. 2 loans once again, Bartley and Weiss. Two sensational prospects to cap off a young(ish), energetic team.

Then we can look at building the background, building the squad up to a healthy number through a sufficient number of free transfers - Morgaro Gomis/Buaben & Conway.

Goodwillie in for £1M and that free's up Naismith who is relatively versatile and can play in a number of positions.

Here we have a strong team, with the promising youth prosects also providing cover etc and then we can maybe think about getting some extra faces in just to boost the numbers.

The future is looking bright indeed!

And the takeover is looking more and more likely.

This summer, I'd be looking to sell Bougherra, as he's at the peak of his value. Added to the £5m from Whyte, that would leave us with around £10-15m to bring in some new players. Spend a couple of million on Goodwillie, see if we can get Foster, Weiss and Bartley permanently, then use what IMO would be a considerable remainder on a new left back, and a new centre half. Simples :)

Jelavic Goodwillie

Wylde------------Naismith

Ness Davis

New LB Bartley New CB Whittaker

McGregor

4 million and Bartley from Arsenal for McGregor would be good. If that's not aiming too high?

Depending on how well Wylde does the rest of the season i think it worth a shout for a tall centre forward next season. Kris Boyd back to the club anyone?

As much as I enjoyed some great momets with Boydie , him coming back would not be the right move for all involved

Im not trying to over react here to what has been a magnificent day but I am one of the few who is really looking forward to the future of our club.

Walter is leaving the club in the hands of a Rangers Legend , a man who knows the club inside out. A man with great enthusiasm, an attacking brain and hopefully the tactical prowess of Walter. A man known as 'Super' Ally.

Alot of people are questioning where the players and funds are going to come from but I have been blown away with the progress of some of the younsters this season. Hutton, Ness and Wylde have all played in the biggest derby in the world and have handled it superbly. They have also showed great potential in Europe , playing against the likes of Scholes and Rooney to name a few.

This is a Rangers youth team who have been together for many years and the manager - Billy Kirkwood speaks highly of nearly the entire squad. Next year is going to be the year when this young team takes us to another level.

With a few additions in the summer - we will have a great squad of players together for next season, I am sure of that . If Mcgregor goes, we have another fantastic keeper waiting to take his place. Bougherra and Davis will stay and continue the spine of the team . Davis found a level which we have never seen any player go to all season today and he will be the captain to drive us on to success next season with the help of Jamie Ness and Kyle Hutton along side him.

If im not mistaken it was McCoist who signed Lafferty, therefore I can see him getting the best out of the big man . With A good pre season behind him and without the transfer episode, Jelavic can easily hit 20+ goals next season . We look to have finally found an out and out winger, a playmaker and a set peice taker in young Greg Wylde. His frightning pace will be key to Super Allys Success .

We are also hearing about the progress of Kane Hemmings and Darren Cole who will also be exciting prosepcts for next season. If we can keep a solid spine to the team (Alexander,Boogie,Davis,Jelavic) we will win 4IAR next season and with Jelavic eligible for europe , hopefully compete with teams on an attacking front.

Ill say it again , I dont want to over-react, but look at the positives .Whats to stop us ? If Lemon loses the league this year he will be gone . What next? they will have to find a new manager, their fourth in 3 years, who might want to build a new team again. Hooper, Izaguire are stick ons for england so celtic will have to up their scouting once again for the new campaign.

Next year I would like to see us start with : Alexander,Cole,Bougherra,Bartley,Whittaker,Wylde,Davis,Ness,Hutton,Jelavic & Goodwillie ;)

We are out of Europe, the Scottish cups gone and the League Cup is ours . We have one thing to focus on, the main prize and the gateway to the champions league. Lets go into every Spl game with the spirit and flair we showed today. Lets support them until the death in every game and make sure Walters final season ends in glory.

Come on Rangers one last push towards the finish line, theres no stopping us :21:

On ye go son . more of the positivity. Come on the Sons of William.

No Surrender

Rab