The Jela penalty

gunslinger

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a penalty, he get's caught in the knee, and when you are running it's gonna fucking sting a wee bit! I think Jelavic made a meal of it to be fair, but Wilson's handball is a definite penalty, if his arms are down by his side then the ball goes past him. You can see in the replay he moves his arm out and upwards too.

That's the one that bothers me, if it had happened at the other end the wind would be whistling through the ref's house this morning, and Banki Moon would be making a speech.

But hey, sing some so called "hurt my delicate feelings" songs and.......

It's the one that bothers me as well. I can let the Jelavic one go (mainly because we won) as it looked really soft even though there was slight contact.

But the handball was so blatant. He moves his arm towards the ball and cuts out a through pass. Whether he means it or it's just instinct he moves his hand towards the ball and blocks it.

Penalty.

i am just watching this again.

while the other players intimidate the ref into changing his mind rogne walks away gutted with broonie screaming at him for his mistake.

so they think know its a pen what the fuck was the ref playing at.

It was never a pen. End of. Mark Wilson's hand ball however ...

So why did he award it, and what changed his mind.

Taking the blue tinted glasses off and his reaction to change it was instantaneous .. fuck all to do with the Celtc players, in the end he made the right decision which is the most important thing is it not? ... We won the game so why are we still complaining about a decision that in the end, was the correct one ?

Taking the blue tinted glasses off and his reaction to change it was instantaneous .. fuck all to do with the Celtc players, in the end he made the right decision which is the most important thing is it not? ... We won the game so why are we still complaining about a decision that in the end, was the correct one ?

You mean in your opinion the Ref was right, my opinion is he was wrong. When you award a penalty that should be it done, if you think in the first place it was a penalty then that is what you go with.

Why would Nikica Jelavic go down if he had beaten his man?

Someone try and 'dive' like Jelavic and I bet they can't fall the same way.

There was contact, should have been a penalty

You mean in your opinion the Ref was right, my opinion is he was wrong. When you award a penalty that should be it done, if you think in the first place it was a penalty then that is what you go with.

Thats just ridiculous, Id much rather the correct decision was given ... So you think the rules of football should be ... Once a decision has been made, the decision can't be changed? Even if it is 100% the right decision? :lol:

If it had been a Celtc player that went down the ref would have got praised to fuck. At the end of the day, I want the decisions to be correct ... There not all going to be correct but to say once a decision is made that should be that is just daft!

I don't think it was a penalty. Very minimal contact. Not enough to bring him down. I would have absolutely no problem with the referee just waving him up and continuing the game. However, I definitely have a problem with him awarding a penalty straight away, and then taking the word of his assistant, who was on the wrong side and who was a fucking mile away, and changing the decision.

Luckily, it really doesn't matter. If the ref gave Celtic some of their penalty shouts, that would be a different matter. But zero penalties were awarded and we won 2-1. Perfect.

Thats just ridiculous, Id much rather the correct decision was given ... So you think the rules of football should be ... Once a decision has been made, the decision can't be changed? Even if it is 100% the right decision? :lol:

If it had been a Celtc player that went down the ref would have got praised to fuck. At the end of the day, I want the decisions to be correct ... There not all going to be correct but to say once a decision is made that should be that is just daft!

So why would a Ref make the award and then change it, he is not up to the job in my opinion. I bet you were screaming for the award before you had the chance to see any tv replays.

Why would Nikica Jelavic go down if he had beaten his man?

Someone try and 'dive' like Jelavic and I bet they can't fall the same way.

There was contact, should have been a penalty

If i had 10 years experience as a striker i bet i could. I could also fall over (unhurt) holding my face when going up in an airial challenge, fake an injury to waste time, and numerous other underhand activities. The point being, footballers are devious c*nts who do almost anything to gain advantage. Our players as well as opposing ones.

It was a dive no questions! It looked like a stonewaller when i first saw it, but when you see it closer its obvious he went down looking for it! The ref waited for comfirmation from his officials who both said it wasnt a penalty which confirmed his fears that he had made a mistake!! Lets not go on about this like a bunch of tims!!

It was a dive no questions! It looked like a stonewaller when i first saw it, but when you see it closer its obvious he went down looking for it! The ref waited for comfirmation from his officials who both said it wasnt a penalty which confirmed his fears that he had made a mistake!! Lets not go on about this like a bunch of tims!!

No it wasn't, there is a difference between a dive and going down easy.

There was contact and everybodys first thoughts were that it was a penalty, look at there players and even the ref gave it straight away.

A slow-mo replay can make it look minimal even tho a small clip could trip you easily when going at speed.

It was a penalty no question....IMO.

forget about the yellows for diving that plum mulgrew should a been off the next C***** player to him was yards away. and how the fuck can he spot that jela dived & 6 officials can't spot an obvious handball on the line against psv:O?

In the studio they said it was because the ball had 'gotten away' from Jela, what a load of pish. Mind they also said Izaqueer or whatever his name is shouldn't have been red carded for his foul on Weiss so it shows how much pish they were talking.

There was also an incident in our box where the greasy greek deliberately handled the ball but wasnt booked.

Did he fuck wait, he immediately pointed to the spot so lets not have this he consulted with his linesmen before not giving it shite.

Yeah lets not go on about it, let just keep letting them get away with murder and it will all solve itself eventually. Right.

No it wasn't, there is a difference between a dive and going down easy.

There was contact and everybodys first thoughts were that it was a penalty, look at there players and even the ref gave it straight away.

A slow-mo replay can make it look minimal even tho a small clip could trip you easily when going at speed.

It was a penalty no question....IMO.

We didnt need it anyway!

:jelavic: :spraise:

We didnt need it anyway!

:jelavic: :spraise:

That isn't really the point. It's far better to question decisions when you've won, than when you've lost, when it just sounds like sour grapes. The ref made decisions that should be open to question, the biggest two actually are why Mulgrew wasnt red carded or why the greasy greek wasnt carded for deliberate handball. The penalties can be debated all day, those two events are set in the laws of the game.

For fuck sake it wasnt a penalty, jelavic felt the slightest touch and dived end of story

If they got that penalty Craig thompsons house would be flooded of fans waiting to kill him. Just admit it

Now the handball, that was a penalty

That isn't really the point. It's far better to question decisions when you've won, than when you've lost, when it just sounds like sour grapes. The ref made decisions that should be open to question, the biggest two actually are why Mulgrew wasnt red carded or why the greasy greek wasnt carded for deliberate handball. The penalties can be debated all day, those two events are set in the laws of the game.

I had forgotten about mulgrews one untill i was looking on youtube there! I couldnt believe it wasnt red at the time, i am not quite sure how the rules work with the last man thing, as jelavic wasnt actually passed him and through on goal then it cant be described as a goal scoring opportunity - if for example jelavic was going at a pace and tapped it round him and he was taken down it would have been a no brainger but in this case jela was going pretty slowly and wasnt passed him when the foul was committed so it couldnt have been given, Im not aware fully of this law though!!

The handball episode was another talking point, on first view it looked like it was ball to hand as his arms were by his side but you saw him moving into the ball so i think it should have been a penalty there. Tight decisions but overall i think the ref handed it well