Weiss maybe staying on for another term

Vladimir Weiss today revealed he could stay on at Rangers next season after his loan deal expires in the summer.

Weiss helped send Gers supporters into dreamland at Hampden on Sunday when his quick thinking set up Nikica Jelavic’s winning goal against Celtic in their 2-1 Co-operative Insurance Cup final win.

And the 21-year-old has also refused to rule out the possibility of staying in Scotland next term – having confirmed talks about that possibility were under way between Rangers and Manchester City.

City manager Roberto Mancini let the skilful player leave Eastlands on loan last summer when the Scottish champions agreed to pay a loan fee of around £700,000 for his services.

Good to have him for another year!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

of course he's not going to talk himself out of staying, but i reckon he'd jump at a championship side given any opp.

I think he's been OK, but dont think MC would loan him back out. Dont think he'll go back there either really, so they'd be looking for a transfer fee and thats us fucked, investment or not.

Where did you read that?

Evening Times.

I know there's no quotes, but if you think about it he's not likely to get much game time with City, especially if they go on another spending spree in the summer, for all the money City have got they'd more than likely just buy a proven player than take a chance on Vlad, which suits us better.

He clearly loves it here, so I think this may actually happen.

A little point I'd like to bring up about Kyle Bartley.

Now I know it's not the greatest source, but it's still better than a few. On FM Kyle Bartley's contract runs out with Arsenal at the end of this season. Now I wonder if that's the situation in real life? Although I'm sure it would have already been brung up in a interview/report before now, but if it is we should really have already got him on a pre-contract.

A little point I'd like to bring up about Kyle Bartley.

Now I know it's not the greatest source, but it's still better than a few. On FM Kyle Bartley's contract runs out with Arsenal at the end of this season. Now I wonder if that's the situation in real life? Although I'm sure it would have already been brung up in a interview/report before now, but if it is we should really have already got him on a pre-contract.

He has 3 years left on his Arsenal contract.

Evening Times.

I know there's no quotes, but if you think about it he's not likely to get much game time with City, especially if they go on another spending spree in the summer, for all the money City have got they'd more than likely just buy a proven player than take a chance on Vlad, which suits us better.

He clearly loves it here, so I think this may actually happen.

There was quotes mate. (tu)

i will be surprised if city want to loan him out again tbh but you never know in football. :crabflute: and if they do i hope its back to us and hopefully get big kyle bartley back as well heres hoping would be a nice way for ally to start his rangers managerial career geting those 2 class players back on board. :weiss: :bartley: w.a.t.p

Please rangers let's get weiss and bartley on board for next season, 2 players with undoubted quality and a takeover would be amazing with some other new players in the team as well.

Mcgregor

new RB

bougherra

bartley

new LB

Weiss

Davis

New CM

wylde

Naismith

jelavic

Pretty decent team if we fill in the gaps with some quality!

Please rangers let's get weiss and bartley on board for next season, 2 players with undoubted quality and a takeover would be amazing with some other new players in the team as well.

Mcgregor

Whittaker

bougherra

bartley

new LB

Weiss

Davis

Ness

wylde

Naismith

jelavic

Pretty decent team if we fill in the gaps with some quality!