New Wylde contract and Bartley and Weiss extensions.

PaulRFC1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The earlier article about Bartley demanding a transfer if Wenger wants to loan him out again is absolute bollocks, and total anti-Rangers spin

For a start, if he demanded a transfer, Arsenal would demand about £3 million for him and who would pay that for a boy with about 30 senior appearances under his belt and none of them in the Premiership?

Chris Smalling?... :lol:

Seriously though I'd be delighted if we get they 2 sorted. Fucking love Weiss, Bartley and Diouf :praise:

I'd be shocked if he wasn't at Ibrox next season. Not sure about Weiss though. Can't see City wanting him to spend a second year up here

Wheres your thread on the youths semi final? :)

:sherlock:

I literally went onto the Bears Den to make it and one had just been posted up its in here somewhere prob page 2

IF wee Weiss can continue to show the intelligence on the ball he showed on Sunday (taking the ball, realizing that hes attracting 2 or 3 players to him, and popping it off to someone in the space vacated to close him down. In other words not just dribbling around in a 10 foot square portion of the pitch and then being dispossessed)I wouldn't have a problem with a permanent move if City are only looking to recoup what they payed for him. 5 or 6 million if I'm correct?

As for Bartley? Well we need a CH. Regardless of departures in the summer. I've seen enough to think he has all the tools to give Rangers a full season of performances like the ones we've seen so far.

Excellent news all round.

I dont want us to get our hopes up about Weiss and Bartley.

I cant think it would be too productive for City to loan Weiss out for what - 2 and 1/2 consecutive seasons? Bartley is in a similar situation.

I think City/Arsenal will either sell the players or insist they stay to re-integrate with the club that actually owns them.

Both will cost millions plus pretty high wages, and we would probably be up against a good few English teams to sign them

I dont want us to get our hopes up about Weiss and Bartley.

I cant think it would be too productive for City to loan Weiss out for what - 2 and 1/2 consecutive seasons? Bartley is in a similar situation.

I think City/Arsenal will either sell the players or insist they stay to re-integrate with the club that actually owns them.

Both will cost millions plus pretty high wages, and we would probably be up against a good few English teams to sign them

Weiss couldnt be further away from their first team than he is now.

Rubbish, not even close to being a £6m player.

i never said he was,but you know what the epl is like...

did city not knock back 9m from some german team last year?

maybe they'll accept 3m this year if we ask really really nicely <cr>

I wouldn't have a problem with a permanent move if City are only looking to recoup what they payed for him. 5 or 6 million if I'm correct?

There's no way City would have paid £5/6mill for a 16yrs old.

They didn't even have that much money back then if i remember. Just look at their signgings that summer:

Summer 2006 Manchester City Transfers

In: Joe Hart (Shrewsbury, £600,000); Paul Dickov (Blackburn Rovers, free); Ousmane Dabo (Lazio, free), Dietmar Hamann (Bolton Wanderers, undisclosed); Bernardo Corradi (Valencia, undisclosed), Hatem Trabelsi (Ajax, free); Andreas Isaksson (Rennes, £2million); DaMarcus Beasley (PSV Eindhoven, season loan)

Not exactly splashing the cash.

I believe Weiss contract us up at the end of the 2011/12 season. So we get a year loan then nip in first for a pre-contract :sherlock:

I'm not disputing the fact he would be on the outskirts of their squad.

I just think that if City believe Weiss is a good young talent, but one that will never be a first team player, their first option will be to cash in on him. If they cant sell him for whatever reason, then they would need to determine what is their best option; put the player on loan for yet another season, making him feel further disconnected to City, or to take him back into their own squad and try to improve him using their own coaches, building on any experience he has built up etc

In an ideal world, City will sell him to us for a few million, and no big hitters from the Pshp will compete with us!

i never said he was,but you know what the epl is like...

did city not knock back 9m from some german team last year?

maybe they'll accept 3m this year if we ask really really nicely <cr>

No, or he would be playing in Germany and not on loan at Rangers. Seriously though, no one offered £9m for him, before he came to Rangers he had only played ahandful of competitive games.

Maybe they will accept £3m if our chief executive knew how to handle transfer negotiations properly.

:sherlock:

I dont know what hes worth mate, i wouldnt pay over £5m for him, i dont think they would sell for less than £3m, i dont know, hes not exactly done much in the game, hes still a pup. Its all about opinions i suppose and the only one which matters in this case is Man Citys.

(tu)

There's no way City would have paid £5/6mill for a 16yrs old.

They didn't even have that much money back then if i remember. Just look at their signgings that summer:

Not exactly splashing the cash.

I believe Weiss contract us up at the end of the 2011/12 season. So we get a year loan then nip in first for a pre-contract :sherlock:

They didnt, he went there when he was 14 or 15, is it not illegal to pay money for a kid that young? I dont think they paid anything for him. Hes a product of their academy.