Statistics: West of Scotland violence - who are worse?

Had a lot of piss this week about there being a big decrease in violence after the game at the wkend with Tims saying that was because Rangers won!

According to them "Rangers win and the violence level drops" and "Rangers lose and the violence level increases" with them putting that down to us being 'bad losers'.

Interesting reading today that compared to the last O.F. game domestic violence was up by a third!

I'm no expert in crime figures but surely the figures demonstrate that Tims go him and batter their wives? Or is that too simplistic?

Had a lot of piss this week about there being a big decrease in violence after the game at the wkend with Tims saying that was because Rangers won!

According to them "Rangers win and the violence level drops" and "Rangers lose and the violence level increases" with them putting that down to us being 'bad losers'.

Interesting reading today that compared to the last O.F. game domestic violence was up by a third!

I'm no expert in crime figures but surely the figures demonstrate that Tims go him and batter their wives? Or is that too simplistic?

Where did you read the bit in bold?

Watch this space for more about the violence stats, by the way ;)

Can't have been us, we didnt make it home that night :craphead:

IMO it's down to drink, not football. It just so happens that more folk go drinking on OF day and especially an OF cup final. I don't have statistics but im 93% sure that there are statistics to support my theory.

I think a few on here are misunderstanding what the opener was about...

Sociology can be a complex thing, easy to interpret statistics one way or another depending on your P.O.V.

Now the point is that if they can interpret a rise in violence (if there was one) after the Scots Cup defeat at the midden as "trouble that happened because Rangers fans are bad losers" then surely we can look at the stats that've said 'there was a rise in domestic violence of a third, from the last O.F. game' and interpret them how please...

As for it being 'petty point scoring', well, all i can say is EVERYTHING CAN BE REGARDED AS SUCH, and if you don't believe that to be the case then look at Parliamentary Politics...