***The Masters***

Muff

Augusta National: The first and best major championships of the year, one of the greatest sporting events, IMO. A tournament that I look forward to each year and it should be even better in Sky HD and 3D, with the likes of David Livingstone, Ewen Murray, Butch Harmon, Bruce Critchley, Howard Clark and the golf channel crew... on top of a very strong field of players.

Odds: http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/us-masters/winner

So who is going to win: Phil Mickelson, Lee Westwood, Matt Kuchar, Martin Kaymer, Dustin Johnson, Luke Donald... can Tiger Woods mount a serious challenge (doubt it as his driving and putting will see him all over the place), what about Martin Laird or Graeme McDowell?

I'm backing Nick Watney as always, along with Rickie Fowler, and Zach Johnson as an outsider.

Sky Sports coverage (par 3 included, which should be good) - http://www.skysports.com/golf/masters/story/0,29462,14501_6790993,00.html

Should be a cracking four days of golf.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where the golf season really starts IMO. Think I read 6 different guys can claim world # 1 with a win?

My dad will be there Saturday and Sunday with an all-inclusive pass the lucky bastard :lol:

Yes, Masters week :praise:

Kaymer has got the mentality, but fades the ball so Augusta is against him. Westwood has the game, but not the mentality.

Mick was electric last week - is he favourite to win? I haven't seen any odds, I would be amazed if he wasn't favourite.

My £2 is on Justin Rose :ph34r:

Paddy power is paying each way on top 6.. a know fuck all about golf but will put a couple of each ways, whats your tips?

Looking at the odds on Paddy Power; 16's for Westwood, 28's Donald/Kuchar, 45's - Stricker, 55's, K.J Choi...

I reckon K.J Choi, Zach Johnson and Steve Marino, both 125/1 on PP would be worth a wee E/W bet.

£5 on the nose for Tiger based on the laws of probability that he's bound to have a stormer sooner or later.

£2 each way on Martin Laird, purely for patriotic reasons and £2 each way on F Molinari because Chris Evans name checked him in the paper on Sunday.

Let it roll................. :sherlock:

Can't see past mickelson , £10 on him

£5 going on corals special :

Fowler, day, mcilroy , mahan & ishikawa all to make the cut 9/1

£10 going on :

Kaymar , yang , McDowell , oosthuizen & cink all to make the cut 15/2

Can't see past mickelson , £10 on him

£5 going on corals special :

Fowler, day, mcilroy , mahan & ishikawa all to make the cut 9/1

£10 going on :

Kaymar , yang , McDowell , oosthuizen & cink all to make the cut 15/2

McIlroy is struggling a bit at the moment and G-MAC hasn't looked the same since he changed from Callaway to Srixon.

Hope they step up for you mate.

Better? Not a fucking hope, thats just my opinion though!

They will take the american broadcasters breaks and then have breaks of their own. I for one cant wait until the BBC starts showing live coverage on Saturday.. Plus the commentators on Sky do my bloody nut in....

That being said i cant wait for it and will stick a bet on Donald and Laird.

I know there was a blackout of tv for the first 2 days and we had to wait till sat for the live coverage but is sky showing live coverage througout ? Starting thu ?

Yeah, and the par 3 competition on the Wed.

Will probably watch some of the coverage first 2 days then switch to the BBC Saturday and Sunday

The adverts are the only bad thing about the Sky coverage, well that along with Robert Lee (can't see him getting this gig thankfully) and David Feherty.

The adverts are the only bad thing about the Sky coverage, well that along with Robert Lee (can't see him getting this gig thankfully) and David Feherty.

and the guy that looks creepy as fuck and seems to always there when Lee is presenting :lol:

Only 2 things i love about Sky coverage is Di and Butch

I love David Feherty :lol:

I think I went to school with one of his kids to