Baxter and Caldow

Would I be right in saying that Caldow was never the same player afterwards?

Knowledge of that time is a little sketchy.

Caldow was never the same player after his leg break which was in 3 places. He never played much the following season, but the season after that he played 34 games but was never the same player. But to me he was a great player and Rangers hero who loved the club.

Caldow was never the same player after his leg break which was in 3 places. He never played much the following season, but the season after that he played 34 games but was never the same player. But to me he was a great player and Rangers hero who loved the club.

Ahh that sounds right from what I've heard.

I'm just a young pup of 23 so my knowledge of then is patchy at best.

Doesn't help that my old man grew up a Clydebank fan. :lol:

met eric caldow at the argyle suite a few years ago when I was working at ibrox a true gent, happy to talk about his playing days though not so keen on the leg break. I never saw them play but the guy I worked with was always going on about caldow.

See Eric quite a bit as he lives in my village.

He was never the same player after his leg break.

I think I've mentioned it before on here - Eric Caldow is the only defender in the world never to have had a yellow or red card throughout his whole career.

Infact, it's widely acknowledged that he's never even been spoken to by a Referee.

Scored 25 penalty kicks.

Are you sure it wasn't 15,minstral?

I'm not arguing with you,but I can't remember him scoring that many for us...Then again, I'm auld and forgetful. :pipe:

Are you sure it wasn't 15,minstral?

I'm not arguing with you,but I can't remember him scoring that many for us...Then again, I'm auld and forgetful. :pipe:

You might be right OZ but i thought it was 25 penalty kicks.

Think he was player manager maybe you can confirm.

Now I might make a real arse of this, but if I do I'm sure corbyloyal will put me straight pretty quickly :lol:

Eric was the P/M with Corby Town but I'm positive he never actually played a game for them.

The reason I'm saying this is because my younger brother lived in Corby at that time and it was him that told me Eric had gone there and that he was the manager.

The only player I have ever seen who could run backwards as fast as most wingers could run forward. Never tackled until he was sure of getting the ball. very fast for his time. Whereas Shearer at RB would go through the man no bother at all. Shearer and Davis made sure the rest of the team was looked after . Bertie Auld and Davie Hay were hard men for Celtic.

:21:

Oh would be so lucky to have two players of that stature today and throw in Shearer and Brand and I would be celebrating the championship again already. :cool::21:

If your going that far..dont forget Jimmy Millar