Jelavic's contribution so far

H72

Guest therabbitt

I'd argue that three of the most important players for Rangers this season are not part of the end of year awards vote: McGregor, Jelavic and Miller. Those are the three players that have been most important for us this season.

I'd argue that three of the most important players for Rangers this season are not part of the end of year awards vote: McGregor, Jelavic and Miller. Those are the three players that have been most important for us this season.

Couldn't agree more. (tu)

Like I said in another thread, the guy sitting infront of me today couldn't stop telling me how bad/lazy he was. A big plank of wood were his words. Needs to do more apparently.

People see the game different I suppose? Or maybe he just doesn't see them at all :pipe:

Brilliant player, feel sorry for him almost with the lack of service he is receiving. He is a real catch and I hope he is at the club for a long time to come.

Jesus Christ!

No idea how I've missed this but Kenny Miller is still the top scorer in the SPL with 21 goals! Jelavic is on 10 - imagine a partnership of Miller and Jelavic for this run-in. :drool:

Even then, it's remarkable that Jelavic is only 5 goals behind Hooper, Sammon and Goodwillie and only 4 behind Stokes and Higdon (Michael Higdon has 14 goals this season? :lol:).

Guest therabbitt

Like I said in another thread, the guy sitting infront of me today couldn't stop telling me how bad/lazy he was. A big plank of wood were his words. Needs to do more apparently.

People see the game different I suppose? Or maybe he just doesn't see them at all :pipe:

Same guy would say that Berbatov or Prso look lazy. It's the languid and deceptively fast style that they all have that can frustrate people when watching sometimes.

Personally, he might be the most talented player we've seen at Ibrox since maybe Mikel Arteta?

I had this last time we were at New Douglas. Old guy in front of me kept giving it "Never worth £4 million".

I am not defending anyone who doesnt rate Jelavic but the older Bear you are then the more truly great players you have seen in the jersey.Maybe the measurement of Jelavic amongst the older guys is against some players from a long time ago.I personally think we will see a lot more of what Jelavic can do next season which is not to say I am not happy with what we have seen so far.

Hes a real gem and as Smith said after the game, once he gets a full pre-season under his belt he will be frightening. Got to keep the ball on the deck for him though, much better with ball at his feet, running at defenders. Certainly needs a partner in the Miller mould, possibly Goodwillie but not for more than £1.5m in my opinion. I think in the meantime Healy could possibly be a good mould for him.

Same guy would say that Berbatov or Prso look lazy. It's the languid and deceptively fast style that they all have that can frustrate people when watching sometimes.

Personally, he might be the most talented player we've seen at Ibrox since maybe Mikel Arteta?

Yeah exactly, they just need to look back to DU last week, at one point Jelavic was on the wing and took the ball by their LB with ease.

If anything I didn't realise how pacy he was for a big guy.

I'm in the same thinking, we really really need a partner upfront though. Him and Diouf have more of an understanding than Naismith or Lafferty, imo. But he needs a partner with pace to compliment him.

I don't really buy into the "back in the day" argument. No doubts that we've had some fantastic players over the years and the current crop aren't as good as we would like, but players always get better with nostalgia. I've seen plenty of outstanding players in my time (I grew up during 9 in a row!) and I wouldn't say Jelavic would be out of place amongst the majority of players we've had.

Agree with you 100% but one day when you are an old man the players then will not be as good as the ones you have seen.Its a grumpy old man thing so just ignore us.As I said I rate Jelavic but I dont think we have yet seen the best of him due to his interrupted season and the way we have played at times.Watch him go next year.

Priceless for us so far this season. Some of his flicks and lay offs are brilliant and when he gets the right partner next season, he will perform even better.

Continue the form next season and we are looking at a £12m striker playing for the Rangers (tu)

EDIT: onside when he scored the 2nd and what a finish it was!

The way he beats a man in the box with quick feet and lashes a powerful shot is crying out for a goal of thecseason effort. He's smashed the bar a few times and I would live to see him smash one right into the top corner on Easter Sunday

Him and someone with pace would be deadly

He's only a couple off stokes and hooper now and he's been out 5-6 months

Also amazing that kenny miller is still the leading scorer and he left in January

What a player we have on our hands here. Arguably the best player in the SPL.

Does anyone have stats for his season so far?

Here's his goal from today to enjoy again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsrGP3LNmi0

He's not arguably the best in the SPL, he IS the best and by a mile.

I'd be surprised if he's still in this shite league next season.

He deserves better and he's going to get tired of carrying his poor team mates through games.

I don't really buy into the "back in the day" argument. No doubts that we've had some fantastic players over the years and the current crop aren't as good as we would like, but players always get better with nostalgia. I've seen plenty of outstanding players in my time (I grew up during 9 in a row!) and I wouldn't say Jelavic would be out of place amongst the majority of players we've had.

I wouldn't say Jelavic would be out of place amongst the majority of players we've had. :clap: