Last Day

deerfc2010

I dont know if anyone realises this but if it goes down to the last day, wont it be in motherwells best interests to lose?

I mean if celtic win the league there in europe no matter the cup final result right?

Just throwing that out there fellow bears

Motherwell may yet be challenging for europe in the league

hearts are faltering and still have to play the top two while motherwell are on a great run of form

so it may be they need a victory against them for third

No chance they will be lying down, believe me, they will be playing for their final places.

They hardly want to go to Parkhead and lose before the cup final now do they? Confidence damaged and doubting whether they can beat Celtic in the final, sure European football guaranteed there but they will know that a win away will do their confidence wonders and dent that of Celtics before the final.

That's the one thought that I have in my head and I think it makes sense.

Tho...if you thought McCall was already a legend...think about if he managed to change the direction of the Helicopter :crabflute:

can't see us winning the league now anyway, yesterday was a must win game.

I think the league was lost when we let Dundee Utd beat us 3-2. (I hope tae fuck am wrang!!!!!)

I still shudder at the thought of a professional football team not leaving at least one player back when we had that late corner, from which they scored their winner.

By all means go for the win, but I said that day and I still say it, that was the lost point that could make the difference of us winning or losing the league.

It wisnae a cup game so a draw should have been considered by the team as a point gained, considering how well Utd actually played aganst us.

I think the league was lost when we let Dundee Utd beat us 3-2.

Agreed mate, IF we lose the league that's the game we will look back on no doubt.

So frustrating to up twice in the game also and lose...

Even a draw could ultimately have cost us but would have put us in a slightly more favourable position than we find ourselves now.

Right now we need them to lose a game, 1 draw is not enough sadly :(

The other problem with Mothewell last game is they also have the cup final, will McCall rest players for that?

I don't know why, it's probably just sheer stupidity but I still have a good feeling about the league. If we had lost it would have been all over and I think we will look back at the moment Shagger saved that penalty as the moment we won the league.

Or perhaps not. But you never know.

Meh. I don't think any team will stand down against any one of the old firm teams. A result for any of them against any of us is always a good one, and they'll always try to beat the best.

The big Motherwell supporter that is Tam Cowman brought it up in his "column" in Saturday's DR. Telling Rangers fans that his side will lie down to Celtic on the last day. Wee cretin he is.