Poor Players & Who you want to see go...

Stevenson15

One thing we're not taking into account is the fact that if we buy 3 or 4 quality players it might make the rest of the team better as a result.

Also, shipping out everyone who wasn't great this season would have a potentially massive negative effect on morale.

I'd happily keep the following: McGregor, Alexander, Bougherra, Papac, Whittaker, Broadfoot, Davis, McCulloch, Ness, Hutton, Fleck, Naismith, Jelavic.

I'd try to get back Bartley and Weiss.

The only ones I'd be desperate to see go are: Edu, Beattie, Diouf, Foster, Healy, Velicka and maybe Weir.

No idea what Kerkar is like.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he can hit a free kick,score a penalty and play a good pass now and again

hes the best of a bad bunch at blackpool and you can say what you like,they'll be relegated

as for the 12m bids from liverpool and that a hope he does sign for a bigger team then he'll get show up for the fact he isnt as good as people think

He's been brilliant all season, end of story.

You're right on one thing though, if he went to Spurs for example he wouldn't have even got a game. They have far better playmaking midfielders like Modric and Van Der Vaart who are just on a whole different level from Adam. But Spurs have one of the best midfields in the Premiership so that's not to suggest that Adam isn't a good player.

Edu, Mculloch, Weir, and Beattie cant all go I would keep lafferty as a squad player tbh he gives his all in most games cant ask for anything more I've been pleased with some of his performances this season also I would get weiss back its a must and maybe goodwillie & conway in :clap:

Easier to say who should stay. Mcgregor, bougherra, Davis, Naismith, jelavic.

I would agree with those players staying along with the young lads who have done well this season, apart from Fleck. However given that Bougherra has stated that he wishes to leave this summer I would replace him on the list with Lafferty who I think is starting to play well again and will end up a very good player for us.

I would agree with those players staying along with the young lads who have done well this season, apart from Fleck. However given that Bougherra has stated that he wishes to leave this summer I would replace him on the list with Lafferty who I think is starting to play well again and will end up a very good player for us.

I think it would be crazy if we got rid of Fleck before playing him in his desired classic number 10 position, or wide in a 4-3-3 for a number of games.

I've a bad feeling though that Fleck will be another one of those Scottish players that seemed world beaters at 15/16 then don't develop and further and end up in the championship/league 1 or at some shite SPL club like Hibs.

Fleck is still young he should be given a run of games in the hole behind Jelavic or Naisy and Jela.

He came on when Jelavic first came back from injury behind him and played him in about 3 times he's got an eye for a pass and given a run i think he could develop a great partnership with Jela.

Edu - utter shite, any ounce of ability he might have had has gone. Would suit both parties if he left. . Weir- great servant, just too old now. Beattie- another shocking signing, past it.

Don't really know who else as our squad is threadbare and fuck knows what's happenin regarding the takeover.

Lafferty also.

Going to post a list of the players I would keep, the rest I would not bother if they left our club.

McGregor, Alexander, Bougherra, Papac, Naismith, Jelavic, Ness.

What about Davis? We'd be a shambles without him. Davis is the best player in our team by a mile, and very under rated by alot of our support. If we had to play a number of games without him we'd really struggle. Not having a go by the way.

McGregor, Naismith, Davis and Jelavic are crucial to us. Bougherra too but he's already made his mind up to move

Put it this way if we got anything from 2.5+ for him especially with a year left on his contract I would accept it as he should deliver more than what he has this season.

this (tu)

i would take 3mill for davis right now, and use that to buy 2 actual wingers (unless wylde is planned to be a perma first team starter next season)

then you have ness and mcculloch in the centre, and just use them to win everything and get our wingers or our strikers involved right away

most SPL teams now flood the midfield, so we need to spread the game out, and we cant cause we are too narrow as our wide players are all central positioned players (bar whittaker and wylde)

Edu can go, Weir and Beattie are just too old.

Fleck and Lafferty need a set of rockets slammed up them, they seem to take their spot at our club for granted.

As for players in, we should do what has been mentioned already, and actually scout for cheap, good players; quite easy to find if you look in the right leagues.

A number of young players from the Mexican, Israeli, Chilean, and Bosnian leagues would run amok in the SPL.

Haris Mendunjanin, Eyal Gollasa (€4mil release clause), and Moar Buzaglo - all from the Israeli league - would be starting week in, week out for us.

Our scouts should always be watching the under 16-21 World and European Championships because I see many players at that age who are better than most of our current players.

Agreed!

Take the Nigerian under-17 and under-21 squads for instance, Nigeria has won the under-17 world cup three times, sharing the record with Brazil for most times won, but most of their players fade back into obscurity because they don't get snapped up by a decent club.

Fair dooze, a lot of it is down to work permits, but isn't there a way around that for players with 'exceptional talent'?

During the game the commentator said: "That’s poor from Fleck.” A rather sad and altogether far too accurate a reflection of his first team career at The Rangers.

I won’t be heartbroken if we lose Edu, Foster and Beattie. And, much as it pains me to say this after my enthusiasm earlier in the season, I think Lafferty and Diouf really need to raise their games more often.

I wouldn’t mind swapping that lot for Weiss and Bartley.

Edu - Never really understood the hype surrounding him anway. Awful player. Get rid.

Lafferty - Shite player that, occasionally, "does a job" as they say, other times/ most of the time he's awful. Get rid.

Beattie - Injury prone, getting on, too high on wages, offers next to fuck all, hasn't worked out. Get rid.

Weir - His time has been up for a while now, despite being a rock yesterday, and a few other times this season, been pretty rank for most of the season, its been blatanly obvious his time is up.

Bougherra - Hasn't looked interested to me this season and I though it was due to the fact he wanted to leave after a decent world cup performance against England, it turns out I was proved right. Get rid.

Diouf - Offers fuck all on the park the majority of the time other than another reason for the media to piss all of over us. Fuck off.

Papac - He's been pretty average in his full time at Rangers but has had more than a few shockers this season. Get rid.

Its looking pretty grim to say the least ....

Out - Whittaker, Bougherra, Weir, Papac, Foster, Edu, Diouf.

In - 1 RB, 2 LBs, 3 CBs, 1 CM, 2 RMs, 2 LMs, 1 ST.

If only real life was as easy as Football Manager :lol:

Weir - A 40 year old should not be a first pick for Rangers. He is finished.

Papac - The epitomy of average and he pisses me of with his lazy style and failure to stop crosses coming in.

Edu - Brutal. Don't care where he goes just as long as he leaves.

Fleck - Send him out on loan for a season to someone like Dundee Utd or Kilmarnock.

Lafferty - Never going to make it at Rangers. Has had chance after chance.

Foster - An Aberdeen reserve player at best.

Healy - Not going to cut it at Rangers.

Beattie - Like Edu.

Bougherra - Simply because he does not want to be at the club.