Davie Weir new contract

martyboy2009

He had a few poor games mid season and looked 'past it', but pulled his socks up and has been our most consistent player in the second half if the season.

I won't be against him playing next season, he was immense against Celtic and I think he is the one player that will inspire the troops to the title this season.

A pay as you play deal for next season makes sense to me and means the team can have a gradual change to the back four. The last time we had 4 new defenders flung straight in (PLG), we were brutal at the back.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's exactly because of Weir why our defence sits so deep. Look at 3-0 old firm game for prime example.

His distribution is awful. His punt it as far as you can tactic drives me crazy.

All about opinions though

David weir is the only player in the world that isn't allowed a poor game. His good games far outweigh the bad this season.

David weir is the only player in the world that isn't allowed a poor game. His good games far outweigh the bad this season.

In my eyes.

I see him as one of our biggest weaknesses that teams look to exploit due to the fact he is slow as a week in jail, Cannot pass and give possession back to the opposition with his endless punts 9/10.

Just my opinion but I believe in playing football from the back.

I thought he would struggle when McCullough got injured, but no. Time to get a replacement in but Davie has a few games left in him yet. Good to have a bit of experience around especially while bringing through youngsters.

I think he's pushed himself to the limit in recent weeks and performed well, I hope he keeps giving his all for the last few games then he can retire as a champion.

I just dont feel he can push so hard for a full season any more, time to pass on the mantle to a new generation.

No way should he play next season. Biggest weakness in the time by a mile other teams have admitted to letting Weir have the ball as a tactic when playing us his distribution is that shite. Imo a big factor to why we play such shite football are his long punts and lack of pace. Even in the spl we never dominate games against anyone because we sit so deep to protect the old chap.