Defensive Targets?

Broxi

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you recommend out-with Britain ?

There are loads of players out there, I will let Murray, Brown and McCoist do their job, what they are paid to do...

Impossible to name names with no takeover. No takeover, and even players like Wallace are out with our budget.

There are loads of players out there, I will let Murray, Brown and McCoist do their job, what they are paid to do...

Impossible to name names with no takeover. No takeover, and even players like Wallace are out with our budget.

Whats the latest on Thomas Hubocan (sp)?

So, no one .....

:sherlock:

Crainey got his cap when Wallace was injured. I doubt Broadfoot would have played left back if Wallace was fit too. Levein and Jefferies are duds now too? <cr>

Of course they would, Wallace is very highly thought of in the Scottish game.

Levein and Jefferies have always been duds, IMO... that is not going to change. Levein is a shite manager.

And that is why Craine, Broadfoot and Whittaker have played at left back ahead of him for Scotland. Levein and Jefferies are duds.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't, along with a number of managers. He is a poor defender.

Phil bardsley :praise: he's had a cracking season, club and country

Right backs sorted anyway

Whittaker

Cole

Broadfoot

McMillan

Little

Left back

Kerkar

Wylde

Shinnie

I don't fancy any of them at left back mind you.

IMO None of the names above are good enough for the rangers squad/team anymore. I no it seems harsh but just my opinion

I think we should be turning to the Japanese market for players. Uchida and Nagatomo play for both Schalke and Inter respectively, and they were both in the J League this time last year. There's a decent crop of Japanese players coming though at the moment (tu)

Is there not a midfielder from Dortmund who came from the J league aswell?

Cost under £1m and been one of the best young players in Bundesliga this season

IMO None of the names above are good enough for the rangers squad/team anymore. I no it seems harsh but just my opinion

Whittaker is finishing the season strong and has been a regular for the last few seasons.

Bit harsh on Darren Cole isn't he a good prospect? I heard he was anyway.

Wylde has potential too but maybe not at left back

I reckon we get Christian Daily to replace Bougherra, Weir and Daily would be a solid CB pairing with bags of experience. Then, if Wigan go down, we could probably get the Caldwell brothers for about £1-2m and slot them into the full back positions.

Yeah, Shinji Kagawa cost them just over £300k, and now he's valued at around 30 times that! Morimoto at Catania's another young Japanese player to look out for- I'd quite like to see Roma go for him this summer.

Nagatomo was actually signed by Cesena in January (after a succesful loan period from Tokyo) and loaned to Inter immediatley while Cesena got yound Davide Santon on loan in return ;)

Agree with that but Whittaker? One of our better players IMO, the rest no better than squad players. Cole has potential although i think hes being groomed as a CB and Wylde a winger although got a bit to go IMO.

I think we should be turning to the Japanese market for players. Uchida and Nagatomo play for both Schalke and Inter respectively, and they were both in the J League this time last year. There's a decent crop of Japanese players coming though at the moment (tu)

That's a cracking idea. I'll probably get slagged for this but we should be buying players who can earn us revenue abroad. Everywhere you go in Korea there's bill boards of that one that plays for them.