Svensson makes ultimatum

docspiderman

I don't think he's as bad as some fans make out. However, it's clear he lacks some of the basic skills to be a success in the SPL. His aerial ability, physical strength and concentration are generally not good enough.

I actually wouldn't be averse to letting him go on loan for a season then make a more reasoned judgement. However, I'd prefer that loan was in the UK.

Svensson says he will leave if he doesn't get more games.

I will make the first contribution for his ticket out of Scotland. Any more pledges?

I hate it when a player who has just not shown the ability comes out and says this.my advice is try harder,improve your game then you may be selected.who does he think he is?

I will make the first contribution for his ticket out of Scotland. Any more pledges?

I hate it when a player who has just not shown the ability comes out and says this.my advice is try harder,improve your game then you may be selected.who does he think he is?

exactly thats why Sebo is popular he just keeps trying and doesn't whinge...

Guest orangpendek

he'll still be out the door tho. one thing WS seems to be excellent at is shifting players, just as well seeing as sionko, sebo, svensson are all likely to be looking for new employers soon.

exactly thats why Sebo is popular he just keeps trying and doesn't whinge...

Very true sb. He's only had a few starts, no decent run in the team and lots of folk are writing him off.

But he just knuckles down and tries harder.

Fans can be impatient, but we will forgive a lot if we know a player is giving 100%.

there are no quotes or anything, this could just be the papers spitting out a story because he hasn't been a regular lately. so unless there is more than a headline i wouldn't critisize him

I'll go halfers with you doc on a one way ticket out of Scotland asap (tu)

From the BBC

Rangers defender Karl Svensson may seek a transfer this summer if his prospects of first-team football don't pick up.

"Ideally, I'd want to show I'm worthy of playing regularly for Rangers," said the 23-year-old Swedish international.

"However it's very important to be getting games - I need that. I'm sure I'll talk with the club about my future when the season is over.

"Although if Rangers don't believe in me eventually I'll have no choice but to look elsewhere."

Svensson's former club, Gothenburg, have already admitted an interest in taking him back.

The defender was signed by Paul Le Guen last summer but has failed to become a regular starter at Ibrox.

Gothenburg coach Stefan Rehn told the Sunday Mail: "I'd be interested in taking Karl back, because he was a great player for this club.

"A loan move might be good for him, but it depends on Rangers."

Svensson has started just four games since Walter Smith replaced Le Guen in January.

"I'm not that surprised Karl hasn't made it, because it's tough to get into Rangers' team," said Rehn.

"I played for Everton, so I know British football is different to here in Sweden.

"But I thought he had a real chance because he's a super defender."

good he can GTF. One of the worst defenders i have seen at the club. Crap in the air, clumsy, poor distribution, craps himself anytime he has a ball and the other team are running at him. Simply not good enough and the sooner we get rid of him the better. If gothenburg want him back they can have him. Just remember we got him for £600k because of a clause in his contract and they said at the time that we we getting him for nothing. So they can pay at least the £1.5m they seemed to think he was worth last year to take him back :)

If we were gonna loan him it would need to be a British team we send him too.

As the Goteburd manager says, the Swedish league is different to Britain, so whats the point of another year in Sweden?

I don't think he's as bad as some fans make out. However, it's clear he lacks some of the basic skills to be a success in the SPL. His aerial ability, physical strength and concentration are generally not good enough.

I actually wouldn't be averse to letting him go on loan for a season then make a more reasoned judgement. However, I'd prefer that loan was in the UK.

Partick Thistle? I'm half serious, he'd learn how we play here for real there

I don't even think he's all that bad. Certainly better than Ugo Bombscare.

I agree Ugo has his moments, but he at least CAN head a ball and is strong in the tackle. I'm glad Ugo was playing against St Mirren and not Svensson or Papac who both are HOPELESS in the air. When Ugo and Weir have played together we have a good defensive record - no?

We also escaped Celtic Park with a clean sheet and that was the first for a LONG time. So cannot agree with you on this one Danny although Ugo is "less than elegant" on the pitch.

If we are to loan him then it has to be to a British club. There is no point in loaning him to a European club as the pressures and style of game is totally different. He has to learn to be mean, tough and put his body/head where it hurts.